Just too MANY emails from Alidropship

Afar

Just too many, it is getting really annoying. Anyone feels the same? They email almost every day, thinking this will boost their sales.

But it merely ends up annoying your subscribers (and some will unsubscribe).

This is borderline spam if not spam already.

Direct Webstore

So unsubscribe then. Or click the "Change Subscriber Options" link so you're only subscribed to what you want.

Anyone feels the same?
Not me. I have more important things to worry about. It takes 1 second to delete an email. Plus many of them, especially the blog ones have helpful info that I for one don't want to miss out on.

This is borderline spam if not spam already.
An over exaggeration in my opinion. You gave them your email and anytime you give an email online, expect follow up emails. This is the way the modern marketing world works these days.

And if you are not going to use email marketing with your own store ... you're insane. And if you are going to use it, you're a hypocrite.

Disclaimer: And before you chuck a tizzy fit, you asked if anyone feels the same and I have simply answered that question by telling you how I feel about it. Sadly, based on lots of past experience in this forum, I HAVE to add this disclaimer as this forum has a lot of sensitive little petals who can't handle other's opinions. If you can, please disregard this. Thanks

;)

Last edited:

Afar

So unsubscribe then. Or click the "Change Subscriber Options" link so you're only subscribed to what you want.

Not me. I have more important things to worry about. It takes 1 second to delete an email. Plus many of them, especially the blog ones have helpful info that I for one don't want to miss out on.

An over exaggeration in my opinion. You gave them your email and anytime you give an email online, expect follow up emails. This is the way the modern marketing world works these days.

And if you are not going to use email marketing with your own store ... you're insane. And if you are going to use it, you're a hypocrite.

Disclaimer: And before you chuck a tizzy fit, you asked if anyone feels the same and I have simply answered that question by telling you how I feel about it. Sadly, based on lots of past experience in this forum, I HAVE to add this disclaimer as this forum has a lot of sensitive little petals who can't handle other's opinions. If you can, please disregard this. Thanks

;)
You are making a big assumption here. I am collecting emails BUT I am NOT emailing people every day for that matter. There was a time when Alidropship only emailed once a week, but this was last year. Now, they are emailing almost every day.

It is not because their content is not useful, but there is such a thing as too much frequency. Everyone and their dog is emailing now from website A-Z because everyone assumes the money is in the list, so do not assume that you are the only special one with the special emails, which is what many websites make the mistake of doing. There is such a thing as heavy competition even in email marketing these days, though I have never seen this issue addressed by the so-called gurus, but the solution is not to email more and more and more.....)

When you add yours and the emails from so and so, then it does seem like one big spamfest, if you know what I mean ;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

You are making a big assumption here. I am collecting emails BUT I am NOT emailing people every day for that matter.
I did not make that assumption. I only mentioned using email marketing. Period. I made no assumptions at all to your's any anyone's method or frequency of using it.

FACT: I mostly receive blog emails on a regular basis. Maybe every 4 or 5 weeks.

FACT: As for promotional emails, I get maybe one every few weeks too. Not "almost everyday". If you were truly getting them "almost everyday" then so would I. But I'm not. Simple as that.

This leads me to suspect you are exaggerating. There have been a few people here overly exaggerating and complaining about everything under the Sun lately. That's no joke. It's true. Must be something to do with the weather.

Everyone and their dog is emailing now from website A-Z,
How is that Alidropships' fault?

so do not assume that you are the only special one with the special emails, which is what many websites make the mistake of doing.
That makes no sense. Many websites make the mistake of sending me special emails???

but there is such a thing as too much frequency.
That's exactly right. But again, I have not experienced that from Alidropship. I get promotional emails every few weeks or so. Unless you're on the special list called "Let's annoy the hell out them". But that sort of thinking is paranoid. Pretty sure there's just one list for the promotional stuff.

But if it really upsets you that much, simply unsubscribe. I've had annoying emails from places in the past that were too much and that's what I did. I did't waste my time complaining about it.

But like I said, I haven't experienced this "almost everyday" promotional email onslaught from Alidropship. And before you ask, no, I don't work for them. lol ;)

I haven't heard anyone else claim they are getting these promotional emails "almost everyday" either.

Has anyone else out there experienced this "almost everyday" promotional email bombardment?

I guess we will have to wait and see who replies.

;)

Last edited:

Afar

You are not reading between the lines. If I wanted to say I wanted to unsubscribe I would have said so. I mentioned their emails can be useful, but too much frequency.

And I am not exaggerating. I think you are.

Too bad I cannot show you my inbox. But here is just a screenshot ;)

Just look at the dates on the right hand side (if you don't mind).

So this is what I mean. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. And I am not joking.

Direct Webstore

click the "Change Subscriber Options" link
I've used this. Why can't you?

Plus all of those are from months ago during the holiday period when it's natural to get more promotions.

Why are you complaining about them now? Two months later? Slow day?

How many emails have you received "lately"?

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, it's not worth complaining about. I have a dedicated email address for my business and all those emails go there. And many of them I leave there for future reference. There's more important things to worry about. But that's just me and just my opinion. And of course you are entitled to your opinion and entitled to complain all you like.

At the moment I get the emails every few weeks. During holiday times and special times of the year I may get more. I've never kept track of it or worried about it. But in any case, I never felt any need to complain about them.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

But you asked ....
Anyone feels the same?

I've given you my feelings on the matter and it's not up for debate. Likewise neither are your feelings.

So let's just sit back and lets others express their "feelings"

;)

Last edited:

Afar

My bad, I did not choose a more recent section to screenshot.

Well here you go. Here's "lately".

Still holiday promotion for you? And in April I did delete a couple/several of them so that is not the complete list.

So you're saying you use a different email to get "promotion emails" because they are.......shall we say, spammy? And as a result of not seeing them, they do not bother you then?

Good for you then. But that was not my point.

Direct Webstore

So you're saying you use a different email to get "promotion emails" because they are.......shall we say, spammy?
Not another one of these "So you're saying this" pests that's puts words into people's mouths. I was recently reading about this phenomena polluting social media lately.

No. I am not saying that. Re-read what I wrote. I have a business email. Alidropship is connected with that business. Their emails go to it. All other emails go to my personal email address or to my different sites email addresses. It's called "organisation". A necessary component of any business. I did not say my business email address is dedicated for SPAM mail. What a ridiculous notion. lol

Like I said, my feelings are not up for debate ... but you seem to want to pedantically do so anyway rather than patiently wait for others input.

Considering that, and the fact that this whole thread is a pedantic waste of time, I'm outta here.

Time to click "Unwatch"

*click*

;)

Afar

Not another one of these "So you're saying this" pests that's puts words into people's mouths. I was recently reading about this phenomena polluting social media lately.

No. I am not saying that. Re-read what I wrote. I have a business email. Alidropship is connected with that business. Their emails go to it. All other emails go to my personal email address or to my different sites email addresses. It's called "organisation". A necessary component of any business. I did not say my email address is dedicated for SPAM mail.

Like I said, my feelings are not up for debate ... but you seem to want to pedantically do so anyway rather than patiently wait for others input.

Considering that, and the fact that this whole thread is a pedantic waste of time, I'm outta here.

Time to click "Unwatch"

;)
KthnxBai

From your signature, I can already tell you are someone who might classify as what we call a "douchebag", i.e. often someone who thinks everyone else is stupider than them.

Direct Webstore

I can already tell you are someone who might classify as what we call a "douchebag"

It never works ... *sigh* Time to also click "Ignore"

Afar

Three days and no one else complaining? No surprise there I guess. It's a pretty pedantic issue.

Thanks Dr Phil

;)
I thought you said you are unsubscribing and ignoring me? Now it's more clear who is the pest here....

And I am sure you already have prior experience with others who don't particularly appreciate your "pest behavior", as you did put that disclaimer which indicates so.