It takes me up to 2-3 hours to order products on Aliexpress

I raised a support ticket about the USD thing last month and was told they can't/won't fix that. They say it's not possible but it must be as it changes it to USD to place the order...

"The devs checked the issue and at the moment they tell that technically they are not able to change the currency on Aliexpress when the order is placed. I am sorry about that. If they find a roundabout at some moment, they will add it to the plugin and release it in the update."

I find this error like a month ago. Till then all worked perfect

chris37

Yeah it could be AliExpress changed something again. I pasted the response from support, nothing else I can do as the files are encrypted so I can't check myself.
Like me and you we use multi-currency checkout, if a customer use deference currency the USA then I must place the order manual in aliexpress?

the_lyall

Like me and you we use multi-currency checkout, if a customer use deference currency the USA then I must place the order manual in aliexpress?
No this is unrelated to the currency the customer pays in and is related to the store currency. No matter the store default, when placing the order with the 'place order automatically' button it changes the AliExpress currency to USD.

You can get around it by navigating to the AliExpress homepage and changing the currency, going back to cart and continuing but you lose the 'message to seller' which is added automatically by Alidropship.

For example ir you browse AliExpress in GBP and your store default currency is GBP, you'll still find yourself placing supplier orders in USD if you use the Alidropship button in the woocommerce order details page. Which is annoying is it means you get a bad exchange rate and a foreign currency purchase fee on your credit/debit card if it's not a usd account.

chris37

Which is annoying is it means you get a bad exchange rate and a foreign currency purchase fee on your credit/debit card if it's not a usd account.
I always use my revolut cart about this... How I know has the better exchange rate in this matter, so I don't really mine about this ;)
If I understand correctly? :)

Direct Webstore

I've seen only a handfull of people having this problem over the past 3 years or so but none of them has considered their internet connection or even their computer hardware as possible causes. Has anyone in this thread considered these or dismissed these as possible causes yet?

I have two laptops, a 12-year-old Aspire One (Windows 7) with a slow Intel Atom processor with which web pages hang and fail to load altogether at times, and a new Aspire 5 with an i7 processor and everything loads lightning fast.

So ...

1. What's your internet connection like?
2. What kind of computer are you using? One with a crappy, cheap slow processor (Laptops under $300) or a decent one?

12-year-old Aspire One
Keeping for sentimental reasons ... lol

Last edited:
I've seen only a handfull of people having this problem over the past 3 years or so but none of them has considered their internet connection or even their computer hardware as possible causes. Has anyone in this thread considered these or dismissed these as possible causes yet?

I have two laptops, a 12-year-old Aspire One (Windows 7) with a slow Intel Atom processor with which web pages hang and fail to load altogether at times, and a new Aspire 5 with an i7 processor and everything loads lightning fast.

So ...

1. What's your internet connection like?
2. What kind of computer are you using? One with a crappy, cheap slow processor (Laptops under $300) or a decent one?

Keeping for sentimental reasons ... lol

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. Things were good till some days ago. The computer must not have been "out of date" overnight. I already had this computer and this internet speed before the problem happened.

Direct Webstore

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you.
*Sigh*

You don't have to "agree" with it.

It's called the "Process of elimination", an important part of "Trouble Shooting". Once you have ticked off all the things that "are not' causing the problem, it narrows things down and makes it easier to find the actual thing that IS causing the problem.

Doctors, scientists, engineers, support staff, AND people who run websites do the same thing to help diagnose problems. It's pretty simple logic.

Has anyone in this thread considered these or dismissed these as possible causes yet?
I asked if it was CONSIDERED as a cause, YET, in order to dispel it as a possible cause as a part of the normal Trouble Shooting procedure described above, because many people in this forum have no idea how to troubleshoot problems logically ... as you have demonstrated. ;)

As my Trouble Shooting, case solving hero, Sherlock Holmes said ...
Sherlock Holmes said:
".... when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ..."

Have you had a life full of unsolved problems by any chance? lol (joking) :)

Last edited:
I appreciate, but i have no solution to the problem and I'm placing all my orders individually and I have no time for that.
I need everything to be as it was, not least because I didn't make any changes to my site, the computer remains the same at internet speed too.

Can someone help me please?