ISSUE: Variations + "Ship From" Countries

ThiagoN

Hi,

A product I want to dropship has 3 "ships from" options (China, Poland, France).

I want to dropship only from China. But when importing the product, there is no option to delete Poland and France. So, I've imported everything (all countries).

Then, in the "Variations" tab, I've deleted all variations with Poland and France.

Also, in the "Attributes" tab, I've deleted the "ships from" attribute. Since I want to dropship only from China, it doesn't make sense to provide the "ships from" attribute to my customer.

Everything seemed to be working fine.

But, today, I've realized all my variations have changed. Instead of variations with China, there are only variations with France.

The problem came after my daily update.

Also, if I delete all variations and click the "Add All" button, the plugin creates only variations with France.

I do not know how the plugin works behind the scenes, but it looks like the plugin is selecting France as my default country (in the variations).

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

chris37

Hi,

A product I want to dropship has 3 "ships from" options (China, Poland, France).

I want to dropship only from China. But when importing the product, there is no option to delete Poland and France. So, I've imported everything (all countries).

Then, in the "Variations" tab, I've deleted all variations with Poland and France.

Also, in the "Attributes" tab, I've deleted the "ships from" attribute. Since I want to dropship only from China, it doesn't make sense to provide the "ships from" attribute to my customer.

Everything seemed to be working fine.

But, today, I've realized all my variations have changed. Instead of variations with China, there are only variations with France.

The problem came after my daily update.

Also, if I delete all variations and click the "Add All" button, the plugin creates only variations with France.

I do not know how the plugin works behind the scenes, but it looks like the plugin is selecting France as my default country (in the variations).

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.
Is little bit complicated and I already explain it multiple time how you can do it, and why i suggested to don't do it.
I will not explain it again... use the search bar above and check how "to delete ship from attribute " are multiple thread, I suggest to check all of them .

Good reading ;)

ThiagoN

Is little bit complicated and I already explain it multiple time how you can do it, and why i suggested to don't do it.
I will not explain it again... use the search bar above and check how "to delete ship from attribute " are multiple thread, I suggest to check all of them .

Good reading ;)

Thank you, chris37

This thread was really helpful: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/deletion-of-ships-from-attribute.17022/#post-82350

I'm not using woo plugin. So, I can easily delete the "ship from" attribute and variations.

For testing purposes, I've removed the "ship from" attribute and all countries were removed.

Then, after deleting all variations and clicking on the "Add All" button ("Variations" tab), the plugin created only variations with France, not China or Poland.

So, by my understanding, the last country (France) is set as the default country behind the scenes.

Since we cannot change this behavior (default country) in the admin panel, the workaround solution was to keep only CHINA and use CSS to hide this information on the front end.

CSS:
.product-sku .sku-text {
    display: none !important;
}

As you can see, we cannot use the ID selector. It means this CSS snippet is not 100% safe.

So I guess the ideal solution would be to have an option to hide the attribute in the admin panel.

chris37

Then, after deleting all variations and clicking on the "Add All" button ("Variations" tab), the plugin created only variations with France, not China or Poland.
Try to delete permanently the product and reimport it .. Maybe this is gonna fix the default "ship from".

I don't use original plugin for very long time so i can not be sure.

chris37

So I guess the ideal solution would be to have an option to hide the attribute in the admin panel.
The idea for the alidropship plugin is to connect the aliexpress with our store, anything change we make they gonna be erase they time aliexpress seller change or add anything in its products ,then our store is gonna have the follow proplem (zero stock, broke automatically order and update products)

ThiagoN

Try to delete permanently the product and reimport it .. Maybe this is gonna fix the default "ship from".

I don't use original plugin for very long time so i can not be sure.

Hi chris37,

I've already deleted and imported the product many times.

For now, I'm using CSS to hide the "ship from" option on the front end.

Thank you.