Is there a wallet plugin for alidropship (non woocommerce) ?

mastns

Hi Admin, is there a wallet plugin for alidropship (non woocommerce)? so that customers can add balance in the wallet website and can pay with the wallet (automatic wallet balance cut off according to transaction)

Thanks

Baba Tekwani

Hello, Victoria Kudryashova thats tue there are not function as of now but what about to develop that funciton with it bcos every user must reqired that kind of functionality - plz suggest alternate option untill you guys develop it :)

Thanks

Direct Webstore

Actually, unless you have a store selling lots of renewable products bought regularly by lots of repeat customers, the idea is complete overkill and a bit stupid ... in my opinion. You really only see HUGE operations like Google Play etc using things like "wallets", not little dropshipping stores run from the kitchen table.

If I had a "normal" dropshipping store and I was looking to see which useless plugins I could get rid of to improve efficiency, a "customer wallet" would be one of the first to go. Paypal and Credit/Debit cards are just fine. You would need a HUGE repeat customer base to even consider a "wallet".

I think some people need to get their heads out of the clouds, do better product research, add extra value content to their stores, and concentrate on making actual sales instead of having fanciful pipe dreams of having thousands of repeat customers who need a "wallet". First things first.

We don't have that option currently.
I'm not surprised. This belongs in the same "Stupid pipe dream box" as the "Smart Phone App" idea (when we have perfectly fine, mobile-friendly, responsive themes.)

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion. No overly emotional meltdowns, please. ;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

don't make sense at all.
Also, it's hard enough getting customers to give you money in return for an actual product, let alone getting them to give you money to store in a wallet for products they have not even thought of buying yet. Especially if it's a little e-comm store that no one has ever heard of.

In my opinion, for the average dropshipping store, this really is just a pipe dream. And anyone considering it isn't being realistic.

Last edited:

Mar

Also, it's hard enough getting customers to give you money in return for an actual product, let alone getting them to give you money to store in a wallet for products they have not even thought of buying yet. Especially if it's a little e-comm store that no one has ever heard of.

In my opinion, for the average dropshipping store, this really is just a pipe dream. And anyone considering it isn't being realistic.
It is just reasonable for the team not to implement all requests. Many request really don't make sense, some are weird. Imagine one post from long ago in this thread, 'what about to develop that funciton with it bcos every user must reqired that kind of functionality' I can't believe that kind of thinking. I never saw one user mention about it except this member, yet he said every user.

the_lyall

Even if I could do this, I definitely wouldn't.

I actually use the exact feature for a WooCommerce website I run for a client, as they allocate marketing budget to each of their employees to use on the site, which they then cover the cost of centrally. So we load each employee with a prepaid budget/wallet using a modified version of Hoicker Wallet plugin ($5 before modification), and then they can place orders using that 'free money' that's already been paid for.

I can't think of reasonable scenario or good reason for adding that functionality to retail store, especially a drop-shipping one. UNLESS the primary goal/USP of the site is based on the feature and you have a very specific target audience you know would use it. Even then, just use WooCommerce like Mr Webstore already said in 2018 and one of the plugins that do this.

Reactions: Mar