Is the plugin compatible with WP5.0?

My wordpress somehow got updated to 5.0 (from 4.9.8), and I dunno why as I did not even update it manually. I don't even have an idea that WP 5.0 is already out and no technical know-how about it. Anyway, will there be a problem with the Alidropship plugin? So far, I don't notice anything unusual yet. I am able to work on my WP admin through the usual menus and adding products. My site is not live yet and still being constructed and using the Raphael Theme. Do I have to go through uninstalling and deleting everything and go back to WP 4.9.8?

Christina

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, Gary!

We wouldn't recommend updating WP to 5.0. It would be better to wait for 5.0.1. But if you want to go back to the previous version, you should make a backup of the site and reinstalling WP.

Hello, Gary!

We wouldn't recommend updating WP to 5.0. It would be better to wait for 5.1. But if you want to go back to the previous version, you should make a backup of the site and reinstalling WP.
That's what I am going to do. I will contact my hosting for help in doing this. Not sure why it updated automatically to WP 5.0 in the first place. Thanks so much Christina!

Sunster

Staff member
That's what I am going to do. I will contact my hosting for help in doing this. Not sure why it updated automatically to WP 5.0 in the first place. Thanks so much Christina!
Hey Gary, if they/you installed Wordpress via a 1 click script installer like Softaculous, there is a setting where you can have it automatically update to minor, major updates or disable.

Hey Gary, if they/you installed Wordpress via a 1 click script installer like Softaculous, there is a setting where you can have it automatically update to minor, major updates or disable.
Hi, thanks I checked that and all set now. They restored also my site from a backup on early date prior to the update, Thank you for the input. :)