Is Handled By Aliexpress Safe?

Arttu

Hi!
In my niche I've started to see stores that have Handled by Aliexpress-tag.
I'm wondering if this is safe to use for Dropshipping? Anyone tried?

Will set a test order for myself and report back, when I receive it. I will not want to send customers products that are packaged in a nice Aliexpress box with 2$ Aliexpress coupons.

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 15.57.25.png

Arttu

Quick Update. Handled By AliExpress orders don't have an option to leave message to the seller, so there's no way to inform them about dropshipping. Also Aliexpress Standard shipping more than 3 usd to a country outside US, EU and RU.
handled-by-aliexpress.jpg

Last edited:

kevgl

Hi, thanks for your thoughts and update. I would want to stay away of this i think, mostly because of the promotional things that may get added. Would love to hear an Aliexpress seller about this too. To take away all doubts, i will wait for your review. Your effort is greatly appreciated!

Arttu

ae-package.jpg

I have to say handling and receiving package was blazing fast compared to many other sellers.
Package doesn't contain anything advertising Aliexpress. It's not holiday season or anything though.

Only reference to Aliexpress is the warehouse barcode in the actual product that starts with AE.
Also a small AE in the info box on the label.

One thing that really bothers me is that they print some random piece of description of the product to the label, and as you know all the Chinese super SEO's always spam them full of random words distantly related to the product.

This product label says:
Hot swimwear men Breathable Men's Swimsuit Swim Trunks Boxer Briefs Sunga Swim Suits Maillot De Bain Beach Shorts

That doesn't look too professional if you're trying to make your storefront look less Chinese.

So in Summarum I'd say it's quite safe, but expensive compared to aliexpress standard shipping. For high priced products I think it's not too much of an increase, but in my small lifestyle niche it almost doubles the product cost.

Processing and handling time blew me out the window, but that's what I kind of expected with $3.5 shipping.

P.s.
The control package left China today.

Package status: In transit
Origin country: China
2018-01-21 08:12 Delivered by air transport
2018-01-20 21:45 Beijing Processing Center, arriving
2018-01-20 13:16 Beijing Processing Center, export Direct Seal
2018-01-19 20:14 BEIJING, the export has been opened and dismantled
2018-01-13 10:20 Suzhou Processing Center, the export of mutual seal (domestic)
2018-01-13 10:16 Suzhou, opened and dismantled
2018-01-12 14:04 Jiangsu Nantong Receiving and forwarding center, has left, the next station processing center
2018-01-12 13:42 Jiangsu Nantong Receiving and forwarding center, has been sealed
2018-01-12 11:40 Jiangsu Nantong Receiving and forwarding center, received
2018-01-09 16:52 Logistics order has been created (fast selling platform)

jubran

Great post first of all! When you order handled by Aliexpress, you won't get any advertisement in the package. At least that's what I am facing.
I also have the option to send a message. Even though it is handled by Aliexpress but they don't reply back most of the time.

So you shouldn't care about that unless you're white-labeling, of course. After all, it has great shipping speed as they partner with many postal offices around the world like PostNLm Q-Post, etc... Making it possible to reach the Middle East, Asia and South America much faster. Not to mention that Europe, North America, and Oceania are pretty decent. The problem now only lies with Africa.

Tablazines

My problem with the whole "handled by ali" tag is that... if customers know that you're dropshipping from Ali-Express... why even purchase from YOU and pay a higher fee. Why not go to Ali-Express directly?

kevgl

My problem with the whole "handled by ali" tag is that... if customers know that you're dropshipping from Ali-Express... why even purchase from YOU and pay a higher fee. Why not go to Ali-Express directly?
If you read it good you'll see that the package doesn't contain anything advertising Aliexpress.

kevgl

So the handled by Ali Express badge is nothing the customer sees?
I was talking about the advertising material within the package. Not the badge on the website.

Why would the customer see it? They only see it @ AliExpress website, not dropshipping website, unless you put it there yourself.