Initial Order Emails Sent in Wrong Currency

vkhetrapal

We are seeing a currency issue on our site where our order emails are being sent to customers in the wrong currency (USD) instead of the store default currency (NZD).

We are using Alidropship Woo version 1.6.5.3. Under Alidropship > Currency >, the default currency is set to NZD, cache is on and 7 other currencies are selected for the currency converter including USD. Under Woocommerce > Settings > Currency, the currency is also set to NZD.

When order emails/invoices are re-issued through Woocommerce > Orders > Order ### > Order actions > Resend new order notification, the email comes through in NZD. It is just the initial automatic email that goes out to the customer in USD incorrectly. This is clear because the amounts differ between the two emails. We have also differentiated the NZD $ symbol by adding NZD behind each amount using a bit of code in our theme. The issue has always existed ever since we set up our store, so adding this code has not been the reason for it.

We have followed these steps to change the default currency including resetting prices and updating:
https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/2240512-built-in-currency-switcher-for-woo-version-only

I have logged an issue with support desk and they are also investigating. I thought I would share here as well in case others have experienced this problem.

Grateful for any help anyone can offer. Thanks.

vkhetrapal

We've noticed that the issue only occurs when a customer only purchases 1 item. Where 2 or more items are purchased, the order email generates fine in NZD, but when it's just 1 item that has been purchased, the order email is sent in USD.

vkhetrapal

I have managed to figure out the root cause for the problem around incorrect currency going out in the initial invoice to the customer. There is an issue with the built in Alidropship Currency Converter. The issue has nothing to do with Woocommerce compatibility.

The issue arises when the default currency is set to ‘New Zealand Dollars’ under Alidropship > Settings > Currency. Then ONLY if you select ‘United States Dollar’ as one of the additional currencies, for some strange reason the initial invoice sent upon order complete goes out in USD despite New Zealand dollar being selected as the default store currency.

However, if you remove United States Dollar from the additional currencies – this problem does not occur. The issue then becomes, that my store now does not have USD.

I have not tested this with another currency as the default currency – only NZD. However I have a feeling this bug may exist with other currencies as well.

Can a developer please confirm that they're able to replicate this bug?

chris37

I have managed to figure out the root cause for the problem around incorrect currency going out in the initial invoice to the customer. There is an issue with the built in Alidropship Currency Converter. The issue has nothing to do with Woocommerce compatibility.

The issue arises when the default currency is set to ‘New Zealand Dollars’ under Alidropship > Settings > Currency. Then ONLY if you select ‘United States Dollar’ as one of the additional currencies, for some strange reason the initial invoice sent upon order complete goes out in USD despite New Zealand dollar being selected as the default store currency.

However, if you remove United States Dollar from the additional currencies – this problem does not occur. The issue then becomes, that my store now does not have USD.

I have not tested this with another currency as the default currency – only NZD. However I have a feeling this bug may exist with other currencies as well.

Can a developer please confirm that they're able to replicate this bug?
In Woocommerce when you use the default currency switcher from alidropship, in the checkout always show the default currency your store has set ...so the invoice must be in your origina store currency if this not happening ,something in your setting conflict with the currency corverte ..

Last edited:

vkhetrapal

In Woocommerce when you use the default currency switcher from alidropship, in the checkout always show the default currency your store has set ...so the invoice must be in your origina store currency if this not happening ,something in your setting conflict with the currency corverte ..

This is not happening and I've confirmed what the issue is above. It appears to be a bug where if you remove United States Dollar from the additional currencies – this problem does not occur.

I need a dev to look into this.

the_lyall

This is not happening and I've confirmed what the issue is above. It appears to be a bug where if you remove United States Dollar from the additional currencies – this problem does not occur.

If you need a dev you need to write to support@alidropship.com if you haven't already, it's more likely they'll see your request there.

Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know. I apologize that your message has not been replied for so long.

I have passed all the info to our dev team, they will check this out next week and I will get back to you with some updates.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We are seeing a currency issue on our site where our order emails are being sent to customers in the wrong currency (USD) instead of the store default currency (NZD).

We are using Alidropship Woo version 1.6.5.3. Under Alidropship > Currency >, the default currency is set to NZD, cache is on and 7 other currencies are selected for the currency converter including USD. Under Woocommerce > Settings > Currency, the currency is also set to NZD.

When order emails/invoices are re-issued through Woocommerce > Orders > Order ### > Order actions > Resend new order notification, the email comes through in NZD. It is just the initial automatic email that goes out to the customer in USD incorrectly. This is clear because the amounts differ between the two emails. We have also differentiated the NZD $ symbol by adding NZD behind each amount using a bit of code in our theme. The issue has always existed ever since we set up our store, so adding this code has not been the reason for it.

We have followed these steps to change the default currency including resetting prices and updating:
https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/2240512-built-in-currency-switcher-for-woo-version-only

I have logged an issue with support desk and they are also investigating. I thought I would share here as well in case others have experienced this problem.

Grateful for any help anyone can offer. Thanks.
Hi there,

I am sorry for the late reply.

We have checked everything from our end. In our currency switcher, NZD sign is (NZ$), the problem is that Woocommerce displays NZD as $. The thing is that the email notifications and currency settings are a part of Woocommerce settings and we cannot change it from our end or fix any issue.

I would recommend you to raise the question with Woocommerce support.

I apologize for the inconvenience.