Importing same product only allowed once.

orimond

Hi there,

I realised that a lot of suppliers like to lump together all the different SKUs into one product category.
But I prefer to sell one product at a time.
What I do is I import the product from AliExpress, remove the unnecessary variants and
only keep 1 variant to sell. E.g, the variants can be different animals like tiger, lion, dog, cat,
etc etc. But I just want to sell the tiger sku for e.g, so I remove the rest and keep the tiger only.

Then I decide to import the same product again and repeat the process, remove the unnecessary
variants and keep the one 1 want. But, alas, I realised I can only import once and not twice
from aliExpress via the plugin.

In this case, how do I overcome this problem? Anyone here can share some opinions?
I wish that the alidropship plugin can import the same product twice, but I believe it can't be done?
Or did I overlook some easy method to go about this?

Really appreciate some advice..

Many thanls
Des

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi there,

I realised that a lot of suppliers like to lump together all the different SKUs into one product category.
But I prefer to sell one product at a time.
What I do is I import the product from AliExpress, remove the unnecessary variants and
only keep 1 variant to sell. E.g, the variants can be different animals like tiger, lion, dog, cat,
etc etc. But I just want to sell the tiger sku for e.g, so I remove the rest and keep the tiger only.

Then I decide to import the same product again and repeat the process, remove the unnecessary
variants and keep the one 1 want. But, alas, I realised I can only import once and not twice
from aliExpress via the plugin.

In this case, how do I overcome this problem? Anyone here can share some opinions?
I wish that the alidropship plugin can import the same product twice, but I believe it can't be done?
Or did I overlook some easy method to go about this?

Really appreciate some advice..

Many thanls
Des
Hello, yes, you can import product only once. But you may use Duplicate option to copy it:

Edit product ‹ SmellCar — WordPress - Google Chrome 2018-04-02 11.43.56.png

duplicate.png

Jeff2mars

you don't realize how time consuming it is. You should allow to import several times or to split variations when importing.

pinno

I have duplicated a product and tried making an order. I found that when ordering a cloned version, alidropship woo is not able to recognize which variation the product is from. i think this means also that product will not be updated when stock/price changes. This is a serious issue. Is there anyway we can solve this?