Importing Reviews Does Not Work

JohnS0N

In the past we had a few products on the store... around 100. Now our database has grown large and contains a few thousand products and for the past 6 months or more I have periodically tried to import reviews, but it always get stuck somewhere in the beggining at 1 to 3 %. I've tried this perhaps 30 times over the course of 6 months and I thought many people should have similar issues and the problem will get resolved eventually.

It seems this is not the case and I now feel the need to report this.

Since the import of reviews just gets stuck it would make sense to perhaps implement a cron solution to solve this?

JohnS0N

OR at least there should be a resume button whereby the plugin should know and remember the last state and where it has stopped importing reviews.

From the 30 times I tried most of the time I got to either 1 or 2 % of the total products. Sometimes I managed close to 7 or 8 %. So if at least the plugin would remember the status and not start importing all over again each time you start it I could in a few days import all of the reviews. Now it is actually impossible and all of our newer products are without reviews.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
In the past we had a few products on the store... around 100. Now our database has grown large and contains a few thousand products and for the past 6 months or more I have periodically tried to import reviews, but it always get stuck somewhere in the beggining at 1 to 3 %. I've tried this perhaps 30 times over the course of 6 months and I thought many people should have similar issues and the problem will get resolved eventually.

It seems this is not the case and I now feel the need to report this.

Since the import of reviews just gets stuck it would make sense to perhaps implement a cron solution to solve this?
Import reviews works just fine, it could be issue on your end. Please PM me your WP login credentials - I will check what might be the issue.

JohnS0N

Well something somewhere doesn't work. Even if it's on my end it's most likely because of some sort of limitation by the plugin. In any case, the resume function is missing, which would truly be very handy in this case.

Otherwise your plugin is very awesome and saves so much time. The reviews are not a mandatory function, but still they could be, if we get them to work, a very nice addition to the website.

I sent you the details.

Mar

@Victoria Kudryashova, I noticed this past few days, I cannot import reviews anymore, in the single product page in edit mode and in the Import Reviews page. This winder just keep on winding forever.

1554284950847.png

Mar

I noticed this past few days, I cannot import reviews anymore, in the single product page in edit mode and in the Import Reviews page. This winder just keep on winding forever.
Update to the issue. Alidropship extension was not working. Now Reviews Import is working.