IMPORTANT: PayPal integration changes

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
THESE CHANGES WILL BE APPLIED AFTER THE NEXT ALIDROPSHIP PLUGIN UPDATE which will take place on the 26th of March,2019:

Previously, we were using the NVP and SOAP API Reference PayPal integration. But, since the beginning of 2017, we started receiving client complaints: this integration got outdated and became inconvenient for our customers. This is why we changed the way of integration to the Smart Payment Buttons. So, nowadays, all AliDropship users with the original plugin must go through following steps (ONLY AFTER THE NEXT PLUGIN UPDATE):
1. Log in PayPal developer account at https://developer.paypal.com using your usual PayPal login credentials.

2. Go to 'My Apps and Credentials' and click 'Create app':

3. Add App name and select your Sandbox developer account (if you don't have any, you need to create it: Sandbox -> Accounts):

Please remember that PayPal has its own restrictions for accounts from different countries. Sometimes you need to have business account (e.g. Russia), sometimes personal is enough (e.g. USA).
Once you've created an app, you can either enable testing mode or live mode.
Read more about sandbox accounts in PayPal Sandbox Testing Guide.
Copy your live API credentials and paste them in your WP admin area.

If you have any questions regarding PayPal sandbox settings, your account restrictions or settings please contact PayPal support.

Luxurious

so paypal express button on product page and express checkout is canceled !! so whats is the benefit of this update !

kdb

After a huge struggle, I have managed to fix it. ;)

Tip: When you are creating sandbox account you need to wait about 10 minutes then proceed. It happened in my case might be you will have a similar scenario.

Happy Dropshipping!

omktg

Hello @Victoria Kudryashova

I had some issues while creating a Sandbox account, so I called PayPal support. The issue was that every time I tried to create an account, I received the same error message [That was on March 26]. On March 27 I logged in to my developer.paypal.com account, and found 2 Sandboxes created with dummy information, that's when I called PayPal Support, because I never created them.

And they replied that:
That is completely normal, the facilitator and buyer sandbox accounts are created automatically by the system. We can create additional sandbox accounts if needed.

Email identifiers in sandbox accounts are fictitious [so we don't need to have those emails active in our hosting account], the sandbox environment never sends real emails under any circumstances [Instead, things that in the live environment would be an email, will appear in the "Notifications" tab of the developer sidebar]

They also told me that, the sandbox environment had some interruptions on March 26, and that is why I had some issues while trying to create accounts, but those that where created automatically are fully functional.

After that, I was able to create the APP without problems.
I hope this helps others who may have the same problem.

kdb

Hello @Victoria Kudryashova

I had some issues while creating a Sandbox account, so I called PayPal support. The issue was that every time I tried to create an account, I received the same error message [That was on March 26]. On March 27 I logged in to my developer.paypal.com account, and found 2 Sandboxes created with dummy information, that's when I called PayPal Support, because I never created them.

And they replied that:
That is completely normal, the facilitator and buyer sandbox accounts are created automatically by the system. We can create additional sandbox accounts if needed.

Email identifiers in sandbox accounts are fictitious [so we don't need to have those emails active in our hosting account], the sandbox environment never sends real emails under any circumstances [Instead, things that in the live environment would be an email, will appear in the "Notifications" tab of the developer sidebar]

They also told me that, the sandbox environment had some interruptions on March 26, and that is why I had some issues while trying to create accounts, but those that where created automatically are fully functional.

After that, I was able to create the APP without problems.
I hope this helps others who may have the same problem.

Bro check my posts above!