IMPORTANT: PayPal integration changes

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
THESE CHANGES WILL BE APPLIED AFTER THE NEXT ALIDROPSHIP PLUGIN UPDATE which will take place on the 26th of March,2019:

Previously, we were using the NVP and SOAP API Reference PayPal integration. But, since the beginning of 2017, we started receiving client complaints: this integration got outdated and became inconvenient for our customers. This is why we changed the way of integration to the Smart Payment Buttons. So, nowadays, all AliDropship users with the original plugin must go through following steps (ONLY AFTER THE NEXT PLUGIN UPDATE):
1. Log in PayPal developer account at https://developer.paypal.com using your usual PayPal login credentials.

2. Go to 'My Apps and Credentials' and click 'Create app':

3. Add App name and select your Sandbox developer account (if you don't have any, you need to create it: Sandbox -> Accounts):

Please remember that PayPal has its own restrictions for accounts from different countries. Sometimes you need to have business account (e.g. Russia), sometimes personal is enough (e.g. USA).
Once you've created an app, you can either enable testing mode or live mode.
Read more about sandbox accounts in PayPal Sandbox Testing Guide.
Copy your live API credentials and paste them in your WP admin area.

If you have any questions regarding PayPal sandbox settings, your account restrictions or settings please contact PayPal support.

daica85

I've updated the plugin to ver.1.6.9 but cannot create the Paypal Sandbox account. I've contacted the Paypal for supporting.

In the meantime, please give me the previous ver. 1.6.8 to roll back. Customers now cannot make a payment on my site. Please help urgently!

Thanks,
Peter

Deus

Hello,

After doing this I'm receiving this message " Sorry, we were unable to successfully process this transaction."
How to fix this?

Last edited:

Sharonn

Hi there, please advise, while testing the payment gateway which credential should I enter into the plugin from Sandbox tab or Live tab?

thnx

Last edited:

ayesha90

Has this been fixed? I'm using the previous NVP/SOAP configuration.
Some customers are able to make payments while others aren't.
Developer.paypal.com is not loading for me for some reason.

wnbe

Hello,
I followed the instructions but I always get a "Transaction failed" right before the customer gets to Paypal. Can you help me with that?

daniel-97

Hello,
I followed the instructions but I always get a "Transaction failed" right before the customer gets to Paypal. Can you help me with that?
I think the best way to test a site’s gateway is to use someone else’s Paypal account to buy the product on your store with 99% discount code. That should take about $0.2-$0.5 for each try

wnbe

I think the best way to test a site’s gateway is to use someone else’s Paypal account to buy the product on your store with 99% discount code. That should take about $0.2-$0.5 for each try
I have no chance to use any paypal account. Direct after clicking on "Complete order" the failed popup occurs. It doesn't matter if I use REST or classic integration...

daniel-97

I have no chance to use any paypal account. Direct after clicking on "Complete order" the failed popup occurs. It doesn't matter if I use REST or classic integration...
Email the support team then, give them your URL, ID and Password and they'll check for you