Import variations as simple products or split per category

Jur

Hi,

some products i import have over 175 variations, and its hard to categorize them. Is there a way or a plugin that can split variations to simple products ? Or can this be an option when importing ?

Jur

it seems they are not working on a solution for this.
Split product or import variations as simple product

Jur

It would be great if we can select this in the chrome extension "edit" function.
a checkbox "import variations as simple product" , when selected each variation will be imported as a single product.

Even better if there is a dropdown:

For example there are 3 colors and 3 sizes.
checkbox "split product" and in the dropdown we can select "colors" or "Sizes" or "Both"

if select sizes there will be 3 products in the backend red, green, blue each of them has the sizes as variations
if select sizes there will be 3 products S,M,L and each size has the colors as variation
if select "both" there will be 9 simple products
- red s
- red m
- red l
- green s
- green m
- etc

orimond

It would be great if we can select this in the chrome extension "edit" function.
a checkbox "import variations as simple product" , when selected each variation will be imported as a single product.

Even better if there is a dropdown:

For example there are 3 colors and 3 sizes.
checkbox "split product" and in the dropdown we can select "colors" or "Sizes" or "Both"

if select sizes there will be 3 products in the backend red, green, blue each of them has the sizes as variations
if select sizes there will be 3 products S,M,L and each size has the colors as variation
if select "both" there will be 9 simple products
- red s
- red m
- red l
- green s
- green m
- etc
hi there... I think the split variants into simple product function is available in original alidropship plugin, but not in the Woo version. I came across this plugin called WooCommerce Show Single Variation. But it is paid plugin & u need to configure some file before able to use it. Im still studying it though...

joey jo jo

Hi Orimond, any update on the WooCommerce Show Single Variation plugin? Is it worth the cost and does it work with Alidropship Woo? I'm currently setting up my store and this would be very useful.

orimond

Hi JoJo, I downloaded the trial version and tried for a few days. After that, I decided not to use because i prefer to work on single variation product from aliexpress. Less problem. Furthermore, the plugin needs to pay every year and i think its not worth it for me for now.
But you can try. I think if you really have too much varieties on product range within one product, this is a useful plugin if price is not an issue for you.