Import problems - 4 questions

Mentagon

I've got several problems with importing products. I am using AliDropship Woo Plugin Version 0.5.3 and Woocommerce Version 2.6.14 and Google Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133

DIRECT IMPORT
With direct import I sometimes have to make 3 to 10 attempts to import a particular product before it finally works. I have disabled all other Chrome extensions to troubleshoot but it has no effect.

1. What could be causing this Direct import problem?

The Edit button doesn't do anything except scroll down and up again and then it stops without anything having been done.

2. How is the Edit button supposed to work?

SEARCH IMPORT
I sometimes need to use the Search and Import function when the Direct import doesn't work after 10 or more attempts.

BUT the product categories in the Search and Import feature are NOT the same as on the site and I can't seem to find or get certain products that are listed on the Aliexpress site.

When I try to search for a particular product on Aliexpress by title, brand, merchant or parts of these the filter doesn't find it. For example I can't find the following product through the Search and Import Filter feature:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cla...olares-Femininos-Gold-Plated/32280525461.html

3. Why does this particular product not appear in the search results?

4. How can I find a particular product by Title or other means?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I've got several problems with importing products. I am using AliDropship Woo Plugin Version 0.5.3 and Woocommerce Version 2.6.14 and Google Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133

DIRECT IMPORT
With direct import I sometimes have to make 3 to 10 attempts to import a particular product before it finally works. I have disabled all other Chrome extensions to troubleshoot but it has no effect.

1. What could be causing this Direct import problem?

The Edit button doesn't do anything except scroll down and up again and then it stops without anything having been done.

2. How is the Edit button supposed to work?

SEARCH IMPORT
I sometimes need to use the Search and Import function when the Direct import doesn't work after 10 or more attempts.

BUT the product categories in the Search and Import feature are NOT the same as on the site and I can't seem to find or get certain products that are listed on the Aliexpress site.

When I try to search for a particular product on Aliexpress by title, brand, merchant or parts of these the filter doesn't find it. For example I can't find the following product through the Search and Import Filter feature:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cla...olares-Femininos-Gold-Plated/32280525461.html

3. Why does this particular product not appear in the search results?

4. How can I find a particular product by Title or other means?
1. Hello! It could be some server disconnection .
2. New extension for WOO (with Edit button) has not been released yet . It works only with AliDropship plugin.
3. If you use Search and Import function - plugin uses API in searching - so the results will be different comparing with Direct Import.

Mentagon

Hi Victoria and thank you for the answers.

One question remains unanswered.

So regarding question 4. is it a limitation of the API that it's not possible to find some products?

Do you know what this limitation is?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria and thank you for the answers.

One question remains unanswered.

So regarding question 4. is it a limitation of the API that it's not possible to find some products?

Do you know what this limitation is?
Not all of the products were added to API, and the update of this database is not regular - this depends on aliexpress.com