Import consistently fails to import images for a specific item

Flintstone

I have been trying to import https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000036404423.html but import fails to get any images although it claims the product was successfully imported.

Even if I manually move the images across after the import (including variation images) the variation thumbs (Nice attributes) on the product pages do not get generated so the product is clearly broken in the database... I suspect owing to it's half imported state.

AliDropship Woo 1.6.8
Chrome 84.0.4147.105 with only AliDropship installed

Last edited:

the_lyall

There is currently no way to manually add variation thumbs (The 30px images that appear in the Nice attribute boxes on the product page)
This should be possible by going into the Products > Attributes menu and editing the attribute terms in the attributes and selecting the appropriate image. Depending on your theme you might need a free plugin to get them to display on the front end, there are many options available if so.

Flintstone

This should be possible by going into the Products > Attributes menu and editing the attribute terms in the attributes and selecting the appropriate image. Depending on your theme you might need a free plugin to get them to display on the front end, there are many options available if so.

Sadly, that is different situation as attribute terms are not unique to a single product e.g. my blue attribute term is used by 9 unique products.

AliDropship imports products with completely unique variation images so they cannot be added in that way... it turns out that these images can be added by clicking on the icon under each product variation.

In this case it is only failing to generate variation thumbnails for this product, which fails to import properly, most probably because it is left in a half imported state.

Last edited:
I have been trying to import https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000036404423.html but import fails to get any images although it claims the product was successfully imported.

Even if I manually move the images across after the import (including variation images) the variation thumbs (Nice attributes) on the product pages do not get generated so the product is clearly broken in the database... I suspect owing to it's half imported state.

AliDropship Woo 1.6.8
I have imported the product to my site and it appeared to be correctly imported.
http://prntscr.com/ttq5e4

I would recommend you to delete and re-import the product once again. This might help.

Let me know if this does not solve the issue.

chris37

AliDropship Woo 1.6.8

@Flintstone If you hit buy now button ,does the image appear?
Can you try out and infor me us well?

@Vlad Zholnerchuk when first time import this product is working is clean imported (I have same issue with this very product) in my subdomain clean first import was working fine but not in my official site.

Also working find when you are long in to my official site. But not working when I am long out.

but this specific product always make me proplem and I just delete from my site.

Flintstone

I have imported the product to my site and it appeared to be correctly imported.
http://prntscr.com/ttq5e4

I would recommend you to delete and re-import the product once again. This might help.

Let me know if this does not solve the issue.

I've deleted it and tried to re-import it a bunch of times and it still won't import the images for me... maybe this is something to do with my server config? I am using Siteground.

@Flintstone If you hit buy now button ,does the image appear?
Can you try out and infor me us well?

No, I tried this and the image does not appear.

@Vlad Zholnerchuk when first time import this product is working is clean imported (I have same issue with this very product) in my subdomain clean first import was working fine but not in my official site.

Also working find when you are long in to my official site. But not working when I am long out.

but this specific product always make me proplem and I just delete from my site.

Of course I could just delete the product but then I would be ignoring a problem with either AliDropship, an add-on conflict, database or PHP setup, which could come back to bite me in the future.

Flintstone

Our plugins usually work well with Siteground.

Let me know, please, if you have some stuck images here http://prntscr.com/ttscac ?

Nope, no stuck images:

No php errors, no sql errors, no JS errors in content, no JS errors in chrome dev mode, I am mystified at the moment.

There is nothing special about my setup:
  • Ioncube on PHP 7.3.16
  • AliDropship Woo v1.6.8
  • WooCommerce v4.3.1
  • PHP v7.3.16
  • MySQL v5.6.40-84.0
I will check my database structure and reinstall alidropship if I wouldn't lose products but I am guessing I would.

Last edited:

Flintstone

There are only 2 responses to wp-json/alids/v1/extension in Chrome DevTools when importing the item:

JavaScript:
// Response 1
{
  "success": 11034
}

// Response 2
{
  "success": false,
  "messages": "no task upload images"
}

Last edited:
There are only 2 responses to wp-json/alids/v1/extension in Chrome DevTools when importing the item:

JavaScript:
// Response 1
{
  "success": 11034
}

// Response 2
{
  "success": false,
  "messages": "no task upload images"
}
I see, this is a bit weird.

You can find the same product from another supplier and import it.

Or if you don't mind sharing login credentials for your WP admin area (in direct messages), we could check what might be wrong.

Flintstone

I see, this is a bit weird.

You can find the same product from another supplier and import it.

Or if you don't mind sharing login credentials for your WP admin area (in direct messages), we could check what might be wrong.

I could import from another supplier but then I could be ignoring an issue with my setup that could come back and bite me in the future.

I have sent you a PM containing a login.

I have tried with a clean chrome profile and with all of my wordpress addons disabled (apart from woocommerce and alidropship) and it still doesn't work... same on Windows, OSX and Linux.

My database looks fine and wordpress reports that it is fine... it is just strange that the chrome extension is reporting ''no task upload images" only when uploading that particular product to my site, especially because it uploads fine to the demo site.

Interestingly, I can successfully import it from the demo site.

It's a shame that you don't allow staging on https://beta.mydomain.com as I could then try it on a clean install. I can understand disallowing subdomains but allowing `beta.mydomain.com` would make debugging things like this much easier.

Flintstone

@Vlad Zholnerchuk Thanks for looking into this! I saw what you had done to get the item to import and found that using Ali's variation images on their cdn was enough to work around the problem (probably due to this product having 252 variations).

I can be pretty determined when I find something that isn't working.

If this happens to anybody else there is a workaround. Simply choose not to download the images to your server and you will just link to the ones on Ali's servers... just save the changes, import the item and then change the settings back to what you prefer. You can't edit the images because they are on Ali's servers but it allows the product to display properly on your website.

The settings are here:

In my case I only needed to use Ali's variation images and could download the rest to my server.

So even if we can't find the root cause at least we have a workaround.

It seems fairly likely that it is failing to grab the variation images because this product has 252 variations.