Images from Imported Reviews

All product reviews with images are imported to my server. What would be the best way to remove these reviewed images when the product is no longer available. I find it very difficult to search through these photos under my server and removing them. I am trying to reserve my disk space and # of inodes under server.

I have another approach to resolve this by not storing reviewed images under my server but I have not try it yet. Question is, Aliexpress removes product reviews once in every 6 months. What will happen to my imported reviews that uses images stored under aliexpress cdn, are they going to be removed as well?

daniel-97

All product reviews with images are imported to my server. What would be the best way to remove these reviewed images when the product is no longer available.
When you delete the product from your website, any images that belong to that product will be deleted too. To make sure those images won't be stored on your server, manage your AliWoo Setting
Question is, Aliexpress removes product reviews once in every 6 months. What will happen to my imported reviews that uses images stored under aliexpress cdn, are they going to be removed as well?
No they won't, because the plugin won't update reviews, so it's stored on your site forever-ish.

I'm using Alidropship Original, and they just added a Review Update section to change the review's dates. I haven't used it so don't really know if it will delete the reviews like Aliexpress. But I heard this option will be available in Woo in the near future.

When you delete the product from your website, any images that belong to that product will be deleted too. To make sure those images won't be stored on your server, manage your AliWoo Setting

No they won't, because the plugin won't update reviews, so it's stored on your site forever-ish.

I'm using Alidropship Original, and they just added a Review Update section to change the review's dates. I haven't used it so don't really know if it will delete the reviews like Aliexpress. But I heard this option will be available in Woo in the near future.

The product review images are not stored under my server. They are stored under Aliexpress cdn. So I am guessing that if they remove these images from their cdn server, I will have no access to it.

daniel-97

The product review images are not stored under my server. They are stored under Aliexpress cdn. So I am guessing that if they remove these images from their cdn server, I will have no access to it.
Haven't heard anyone complain about this problem before so don't worry ;)

the_lyall

That would be correct. If you are referencing an externally hosted image and that image is then removed, you won't be able to display it. However, I wasn't aware that AliExpress removed old reviews. I host the images locally so it's not an issue but I've seen old reviews including images on AliExpress products too.

That would be correct. If you are referencing an externally hosted image and that image is then removed, you won't be able to display it. However, I wasn't aware that AliExpress removed old reviews. I host the images locally so it's not an issue but I've seen old reviews including images on AliExpress products too.

Just recently, I was looking at the products that I have imported long ago, there are no more reviews and the seller said old reviews will be deleted by Aliexpress automatically twice a year. How do you manage to remove these review images when a product is no longer available under aliexpress?

the_lyall

Just recently, I was looking at the products that I have imported long ago, there are no more reviews and the seller said old reviews will be deleted by Aliexpress automatically twice a year. How do you manage to remove these review images when a product is no longer available under aliexpress?
Once you've imported the reviews to your site they won't be deleted if they are deleted on AliExpress. They have been copied into your database, so will live there forever unless you delete them. Because of this and because I also import the images, I have never had to delete any review images.

However if I wanted to do so, for example if the product no longer exists on AliExpress, I would go into the media library and select them using bulk select. There's probably a more elegant solution but like I say it's not something I've had to do before.

Personally though if the product was no longer available on AliExpress I would find the same product from a different seller and update the supplier information, so I could reuse the reviews for the new version.

Once you've imported the reviews to your site they won't be deleted if they are deleted on AliExpress. They have been copied into your database, so will live there forever unless you delete them. Because of this and because I also import the images, I have never had to delete any review images.

However if I wanted to do so, for example if the product no longer exists on AliExpress, I would go into the media library and select them using bulk select. There's probably a more elegant solution but like I say it's not something I've had to do before.

Personally though if the product was no longer available on AliExpress I would find the same product from a different seller and update the supplier information, so I could reuse the reviews for the new version.

Ok, I just tested it on my end, the reviewed images are deleted once the product is removed from your product inventory. Good to know!

Finding another supplier for the product that was out of stock from your original supplier would only work if you do not change any product attributes. That I have tested many months ago.

the_lyall

Finding another supplier for the product that was out of stock from your original supplier would only work if you do not change any product attributes. That I have tested many months ago.

You can update the product to have the new supplier and then rest the attributes to match AliExpress - in theory that should make it all match again. I've only updated a few products in this way before, not something I do regularly.