Image uploading creates HUGE folder !

basslion

Ok, how do we not save it in the server? I import a product and i dont import images in description. How do i not have my server download the actual product images thumbnails and option thunbnails and instead fetch them from AliExpress each time customer loads that product page?

Mar

Ok, how do we not save it in the server? I import a product and i dont import images in description. How do i not have my server download the actual product images thumbnails and option thunbnails and instead fetch them from AliExpress each time customer loads that product page?
As I said earlier, I never save images to the server and I never have the problem you have. Again the default setting is not to save images to the server. That is the default setting made by the developers who know more than all of us. If you choose to have this problem by saving images to the server, that problem is your making.

basslion

As I said earlier, I never save images to the server and I never have the problem you have. Again the default setting is not to save images to the server. That is the default setting made by the developers who know more than all of us. If you choose to have this problem by saving images to the server, that problem is your making.

Ok i am now seeing this. I right clicked my product images and they are coming from AliExpress as default. Thank you :)

Mar

Ok i am now seeing this. I right clicked my product images and they are coming from AliExpress as default. Thank you :)
Yes, when you right click a product image, click on Copy image address and paste it in your browser it will open the image but not AliExpress site. Even the URL there is no clear AliExpress and nobody care about it.

Forums are mostly for members. Write to Support.
If you would read this thead would be clear that support was silent. That's why i opened this issue for public. Sometimes they need some "kick in ass" before waking up. But actually they have now lifted their hands up and refusing to admit the problem even exist. "Just dont download the pictures" is their best advice.

Mar

If you would read this thead would be clear that support was silent. That's why i opened this issue for public. Sometimes they need some "kick in ass" before waking up. But actually they have now lifted their hands up and refusing to admit the problem even exist. "Just dont download the pictures" is their best advice.
Needless to say, what they will say is don't save product images to the server, something will not hurt anything.

Direct Webstore

"Just dont download the pictures" is their best advice.

That IS one of two answers. The other, has been stated here already. (Image resizers and smart selection) ...

Maybe you want a third option called "Magic" ... LOL :)

Bottom line. You need images. Images take up space. Make sure your hosting plan provides enough space. If not ... pull out the wallet and upgrade. :)

That IS one of two answers. The other, has been stated here already. (Image resizers and smart selection) ...

Maybe you want a third option called "Magic" ... LOL :)

Bottom line. You need images. Images take up space. Make sure your hosting plan provides enough space. If not ... pull out the wallet and upgrade. :)
You seem to be out like a snowman of the original issue. But that's ok. I'm done with this topic :)

Here many, including Direct Webstore is missing the point that i had: 1 image becomes 24. ONLY in this case it causes archives so big its not possible to save all on my server. Seems this is only my problem. But as no-one can help me in this, i consider this case closed.

Direct Webstore

BudgetBargains needs to upgrade from "Budget Hosting" if they are serious about running a business. There is no magic answer. Images take up space. Simple as that . Deal with it. :)

Direct Webstore

1 image becomes 24.

That's standard Wordpress behaviour ... write to them and complain. It's just the way it is. Do a bit of research via Google and you will find ways to alleviate the problem. Some of them have already been stated here in this thread. Again ... there is NO magic answer and it has nothing to do with the Alidropship plugin.

Direct Webstore

Seems this is only my problem.

Not willing to upgrade your hosting to run your business effectively is your problem. Really! Please heed the old adage "You need to spend money to make money" ... spend some on upgrading your hosting. Simple as that. :) I'm now developing six sites and consequently doubled my hosting storage space to deal with it. So far I have no problems. That's because I'm sticking to my own advice.

Case closed (I think .. lol :) )

Not willing to upgrade your hosting to run your business effectively is your problem. Really! Please heed the old adage "You need to spend money to make money" ... spend some on upgrading your hosting. Simple as that. :) I'm now developing six sites and consequently doubled my hosting storage space to deal with it. So far I have no problems. That's because I'm sticking to my own advice.

Case closed (I think .. lol :) )
Youre absolutely not getting it. Or then you're just trolling. People here are telling they have 4 duplicates. This is normal Wordpress behavior . Nobody has 24. Except me for some strange reason no-one knows.

Direct Webstore

Youre absolutely not getting it.
I'm am getting it. Your images are taking up too much space because Wordpress creates multiple copies of them. AGAIN that is standard Wordpress behavior. You DO know how to use Google, right? Try it. It knows all :)

Nobody has 24.
Yes they do ... if they don't set the image settings intelligently ... AGAIN ... Google it. It is PURELY a Wordpress issue and not an Alidropship plugin issue. GOOGLE it! Do some research! That's what I and others do. Sometimes you simply can't have an answer handed to you on a plate ... especially if you are asking in the wrong place. Go to the Wordpress forums. *sigh*

you're just trolling.
Please don't call someone trying to help you a "troll". I really do have better things to do with my time. And as far as I'm concerned ... your time is up. I'm outta here.

Good luck. :)

EDIT: *Unfollowing Thread*

Last edited:
I'm am getting it. Your images are taking up too much space because Wordpress creates multiple copies of them. AGAIN that is standard Wordpress behavior. You DO know how to use Google, right? Try it. It knows all :)

Yes they do ... if they don't set the image settings intelligently ... AGAIN ... Google it. It is PURELY a Wordpress issue and not an Alidropship plugin issue. GOOGLE it! Do some research! That's what I and others do. Sometimes you simply can't have an answer handed to you on a plate ... especially if you are asking in the wrong place. Go to the Wordpress forums. *sigh*

Please don't call someone trying to help you a "troll". I really do have better things to do with my time. And as far as I'm concerned ... your time is up. I'm outta here.

Good luck. :)

EDIT: *Unfollowing Thread*
DirectWebstore is wrong, though he kicked me in the right way :) WordPress NEVER makes more than 3. Additional versions are made by THEME which is made by who ? Suprise suprise Alidropship ! It's interesting how they really could not tell me in FIRST PLACE that i need to remove these junk-making functions from their PHP file. Finally solved ! C A S E C L O S E D

basslion

How to Prevent Duplicate Image Files
Whenever you upload an image file to WordPress, is likely to duplicate it into multiple sizes. This can be highly useful if you, for example, would like to display image thumbnails and link to larger versions. However, for most people, those extra image files represent nothing other than a waste of space.
And if you’re anything like me (read: anal-retentive), all of those redundant files will bug the hell out of you.
Let’s start by checking out the different image size that WordPress wants to create by navigating to Settings > Media:
media-settings.png

The solution to this issue is simple and as old as time itself. Well, actually Timothy Bowers handled it back in 2011. Seems like a long time ago, right?
Just change the width and high numbers to 0 and WordPress will stop producing those pesky extra image files.
While you’re at it, if you’ve got a huge archive of redundant images, use the free Image Cleanup plugin to eradicate them in just a few clicks:

image-cleanup.png
2222 images! I’ve got some cleaning up to do…

Jess

DirectWebstore is wrong, though he kicked me in the right way :) WordPress NEVER makes more than 3. Additional versions are made by THEME which is made by who ? Suprise suprise Alidropship ! It's interesting how they really could not tell me in FIRST PLACE that i need to remove these junk-making functions from their PHP file. Finally solved ! C A S E C L O S E D

1000% correct. WordPress generates 3 by default and any additional are created by the themes. Always best to setup your theme then enable/disable the image sizes required. Any theme worth it's weight should have an option to do so built in. Also best to use a thumbnail regenerate plugin after making these changes.