Image links in Reviews

Direct Webstore

Right-click the image and click "Open Image in a New Tab".
Click the New Tab
The link (URL) to the image will be in the address bar.

Marlon Burns

Thanks for the reply @Direct Webstore for some strange reason when I right click "Copy Image URL" or an open link tabs don't appear. Its like the Alidropship setting is overriding that functionality. I see

Attachments

• AD Gif Image Not Copying.gif
    AD Gif Image Not Copying.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 13

Mar

Did need an update (was praying that was it) still no dice. Appreciate the idea though.
You need to restore the browser setting to to its original defaults. Just scroll to the bottom of the setting page and click advance.

1591247442557.png

the_lyall

Thanks for the reply @Direct Webstore for some strange reason when I right click "Copy Image URL" or an open link tabs don't appear. Its like the Alidropship setting is overriding that functionality. I see

Those images are being displayed in iframes rather than as standard images, hence why you can see the 'view frame source' option but no the 'save image as' or 'open image...' options. If you open them on the front end of the site it should display them normally rather than through admin. It's WooCommerce doing that, not AliDropship as far as I'm aware but don't quote me on that.

There might be an easier way to export the reviews with an export plugin - what data do you need? I.e. image URL(s), review description, review date etc.

Marlon Burns

@the_lyall I am using Judge.me to export to Judge.me and when the export file is created it can't get the image. Judge.me exports then imports into Judge.me and can feed into Google Product review to display the review in google as well as have the Photo Reviews on the site.

Marlon Burns

@Mar will that make it so I can get the image that way from the review area? Otherwise I've been having to go to media library and copy url and then match it to the review on the spreadsheet and that is a PIA. Thanks for everyone's feedback

Mar

@Mar will that make it so I can get the image that way from the review area? Otherwise I've been having to go to media library and copy url and then match it to the review on the spreadsheet and that is a PIA. Thanks for everyone's feedback
Honestly, I don't understand the question.

Direct Webstore

Honestly, I don't understand the question.
I don't get it either. After going back and re-reading the last two posts before yours twice, I'm getting a headache trying to work out exactly "what, why and what for" is trying to be achieved here.

Marlon Burns

My apologies, let me explain. The Goal is to show Photo Reviews in a similar fashion to Loox Review (Shopify App) so I'm using Judge.me (which accomplishes the Goal of having the Ratings show up with the product in Shopping Ads.
  • I import review from AlidropshipWoo
  • Import is Successful
  • Export the Review to Judge.me (partial success)
  • Images associated with the review don't export)
  • Have to manually attach the Images to the specific review (PIA)
  • Need to be able to export Images or the link to the image that is imported to be right here https://www.screencast.com/t/1n499nlOBvxL
  • That way it would be easier to find the right image that matches the review
  • Or an easier way to accomplish Getting the review from Aliexpress and having it show up on site like Loox and be able to Feed it to Google in a Product Rating Feed https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7075701?hl=en
I selected have the images stored on my server, hoping that would give the ability to easily export it. I have tried WP All Export and it doesn't find the image in the Comments either only from the Media Library. I'm not ruling out that there may be an easier way to accomplish this, I just don't currently know it.

the_lyall

I might be misunderstanding but if the goal is to get reviews showing in Google as review snippets or in shopping ads, that can just be achieved using Google Search Console and Google Merchant Centre? There's no need for a review feed in the same way there is for a product feed, they just show up when they get crawled if they're using the right structure, which WooCommerce uses. I've never done anything with reviews and the star rating and review extracts show for my pages.

If you want to display reviews in other areas of you site like a carousel on the homepage you can use free plugins like this one (there are many, that just came up top when I searched just now) which have shortcodes available. That particular example includes other features like review reminders etc. but I'm not too familiar with the services you've mentioned so it might not cover everything, which is to be expected as these are free options.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick then I apologise, just giving my thoughts.

Marlon Burns

This has been my understanding, even if you have a Merchant Center account (which I do)

Attachments

• Google Product Ratings.jpg
    Google Product Ratings.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 8

the_lyall

This has been my understanding, even if you have a Merchant Center account (which I do)
Interesting, I've never seen that, but no doubt that would save time. Anyway, there are feed plugins for product reviews as well. I use a feed manager plugin for the product feed into merchant center but don't have a reviews feed. This one does it but it isn't free, there are probably free ones if I could be bothered to look past the top Google results https://wordpress.org/plugins/best-woocommerce-feed/

Àre you using this plugin? https://wordpress.org/plugins/judgeme-product-reviews-woocommerce/

If you are it might be worth asking them for support here, to make the image part compatible with AliDropship if it isn't already in some way https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/judgeme-product-reviews-woocommerce/

Marlon Burns

@the_lyall they have been unhelpful (Judge.me) they are referring me to Alidropship. Judge.me has the review feed portions thats why I was going with them. Hopefully there is a simpler solution. Appreciate your feedback!