If I change my store to a new domain name will it be difficult?

prissanna

I have the drop ship plugin but I have decided to go in a different direction with my niche so the domain I have now kinda doesn't fit. Will it be difficult to change to a new name or should I just buck it up and go with what I have? I know in the SEO section of the plugin, it puts my current domain in the description and my current domain is in other parts of the store (about us page, etc.) as well. Will changing it to a new domain automate this or will I have to go in and find everywhere my old domain is and fix it?

jubran

I assume you want the same products and website you already have, but you only need to change the domain, right? If so, well it's hard for a newbie of course but one thing you could do is to make all the links without the domain like a link to Shop, instead of linking it to Yourdomain.com/shop, have it to simply /shop this way, you will have much less problems and insure that your permalink settings in Wordpress is set to "Post name". But Wordpress is very good CMS and I think it now changes the permalinks automatically but not sure about that.

You'll might also need to open up your database with phpmyadmin and edit the base URL so Wordpress can detect and change these settings.

But well, that's not all, as you've said, the links and description will be visible for the search engines but I believe there are plugins to clean these dead links. (This will also affect your search engine ranking).

And lastly, you'll need to reset the license code of your alidropship plugin and then activate it on the new domain.