I suggest a crop tool on edit so we can remove QR codes & Store Names

I suggest a crop tool on edit before import to list or publish so we can remove QR codes & Store Names that usually are on the corners of product images on the description or a better choise could be a tool that can let you pick up a colour of any place on the image and let you cover letters & QR codes on the same image.

Especially QR codes are a pain in the ass , as anybody can scan it and the link of aliexpress will appear. Well someone can say do not use products that have QR Codes or Store names but isn't it sad if it is a HOT SALE ITEM and i want it in my store?

c2lDjKq.png

YKc9Lhi.png

wisebiz

This has been my concern for quite a while now and it is for this very reason that I registered to the forum to see if/ and how others might be dealing with it?

You touched on some aspects but here are mine. . . . . . . .

With editing in mind, I initially opted to have the images on my server, but soon it filled up and had to buy more disk space and had to change for the images to remain on the server.

Next the plugin does allow imports on mass or otherwise, all these products come with the distribution company logos, brand name, watermarks etc.

From the look of it you can edit the images in the Gallery, because I think they must be residing on the local server.

Now what if one has say 200 - 400 products in the shop, how do one get rid of these other party logos and the like when the images resides on Aliexpress?

Now as you all know most of these products come with many images, so let’s assume 14 and you deleted all but 6, among these 6 are two with logos, watermarks, QR code, and whatever you want to get rid of. Now assuming you took a shot of these two images and did the editing as you may like, the question now is how do you get to insert them back into their positions on Aliexpress server?

And here is why I asked................

By offering and /or advertising the products with the 3rd party logos and trademarks, aren't we stupidly exposing ourselves, to the original prices, as well as the product source?

And so be the case, when we have done that, why would the buyer come back to pay us at the mark-up price?

I am new to this plugin, so for those of you who have been around for a while now, could you please tell me and others in the same dilemma how you have been dealing with this issue? Considering that if you can import 200+ products at a time, getting rid of logos and trade marks etc. can pose a real problem.

Likewise if any admin member knows how to go about this, kindly let us know asap.

Thank You.

sozoalvin

i have 500 products. i have close to 200,00 images on my local server.

disk space hurts and costs. but the following action you will do will change your mind and switch the images to your server instead.

go to your website -> https://yourwebsitename.com -> hover your mouse over any product image that you imported -> right click copy image address ->

paste it on some notepad or even your web browser.

you will realise that the address is from ali0.cdnxx.etc/xxxx1122.jpg

there is no way in going about this. there's only pure hardwork in keeping what you need, and what you don't need.

if you host images and that accicentally has aliexpress's watermarks, you can still argue your way out indicating that you own the products.

but if you have images that are coming from aliexpress's servers, then everyone knows what you're up to ;)

just my 2 cents.

Milos

i have 500 products. i have close to 200,00 images on my local server.

disk space hurts and costs. but the following action you will do will change your mind and switch the images to your server instead.

go to your website -> https://yourwebsitename.com -> hover your mouse over any product image that you imported -> right click copy image address ->

paste it on some notepad or even your web browser.

you will realise that the address is from ali0.cdnxx.etc/xxxx1122.jpg

there is no way in going about this. there's only pure hardwork in keeping what you need, and what you don't need.

if you host images and that accicentally has aliexpress's watermarks, you can still argue your way out indicating that you own the products.

but if you have images that are coming from aliexpress's servers, then everyone knows what you're up to ;)

just my 2 cents.
The other option is to choose to UPLOAD IMAGES TO YUOR SERVER in Settings -> General. Therefore all images will point to your domain and NOT to AliExpress. Of course make sure you have enough space on your server ...:). Not a good practice to have cross sources

No way to get ridg of QR or any other codes from existing images (cropping yes)

Xerro

I always store on my server.

Initially I used to mass import everything and edit my way out of the hole.
But this process is way to slow and can make importing 100 products feel like importing 300.

I decided to focus on 1 product at a time, I go to each product page, ensure it is up to my standard and then I hit the "Edit" button.
I delete most of the images that contain anything that isnt the brand. This has saved A LOT of headaches with cleaning up images.

So my suggestion is take the time per product instead of bulk importing and dealing with it on your server. This way you are controlling the flow into your server.