I really like the plugin but have these concerns.

ADFR

Let me first say that I have enjoyed working with your plugin and think it has a lot of potential. My concerns started when the cart would not hold it contents in other browsers like Internet Explorer and Firefox. I was told it was a plugin conflict after one of your techs logged onto my site. He deactivated the problem plugin and that was supposed to fix the issue. Unfortunately it didn't. I have some very rusty php knowledge but decided to see if I could find the issue myself. It was then that I noticed the plugin and themes use cookies to store data. This caused some concern since a site has to declare to it's visitors that they are using cookies and the visitor has to agree to their use. This does not happen with this plugin or either of the themes that were provided. If you were to switch it to using the php super global Sessions that would solve that issue and might also correct the cross browser issue. So one of my partners and I decided to use theme checker which is a plugin available to all wordpress users, that allows you to test the theme to make sure that there are no issues and that everything is up to worpress standards, it also points you in the direction of how to fix it. The good news is that it isn't the other installed plugins on our wordpress site that is causing issues, the bad news is that the alidropship plugin and themes need to be fixed. Unfortunately there were to many errors with both theme's that we could not post them here, so I am attaching the results in a text file for you to look over.
We are meeting with our other partner tomorrow to try to figure out how we will proceed considering the current issues at hand.

Attachments

• alid_theme_errors.txt
    36.7 KB · Views: 12

Yaros

Staff member
Sorry to say that but it is rubbish:) This analyser log is written for wp easy themes that do not use any custom functions!

We are building ecommerce theme with a custom features and functionality.

on your file for example: INFO: libs/customization/init.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.

It uses BOTH 'include' AND 'require'! Why should I use get_template_part() instead in this case!?

ADFR

I wasn't concerned with the Info, it is the the warnings that I am concerned with. The other issue is the use of Cookies, There is no declaration which does need to be changed or maybe you could give the site owners the choice to use cookies or sessions.

Yaros

Staff member
This INFO is just as an example, it will take a lot of time to give explanation for each line. But you can take any of these lines as an example and I will be glad to give more details on it.

When you visit AliExpress.com does it ask you about cookies? (btw we are using both cookies and sessions). As far as I know in some countries websites that use cookies must inform users about it. Just install some plugin that shows a small panel on a site with such information in case it is a must for you.

ADFR

I went to double check about the theme checker plugin. It isn't just for easy themes.

"The theme check plugin is an easy way to test your theme and make sure it's up to spec with the latest theme review standards. With it, you can run all the same automated testing tools on your theme that WordPress.org uses for theme submissions.

The tests are run through a simple admin menu and all results are displayed at once. This is very handy for theme developers, or anybody looking to make sure that their theme supports the latest WordPress theme standards and practices."

Regardless of what you intend your end product to be, making sure your code tests up the what ever the current standard is, is in everyone's best interest. Those standards are there for a good reason and that is to prevent security issues. I didn't bring this up to your attention as a criticism, but to help solve the issues as it would benefit all that are using the software.

Yaros

Staff member
Yes, I saw these kind of standards on your log file, thank you but we will follow our standards to benefit of using the tool.