I found this on a Facebook group

Stuart Gibson

Is Ecom "easy?" Let me reveal some of the misconceptions
you might be having about Ecom...
A lot of people treat "Ecom" like this is supposed to be easy. Look, it will be, later. But everything is hard at first. It's like any skill- it takes a while to develop! Put down the unreasonable expectations and get your hands in the mud. Learn things fully. "Direct Response Marketing, Brand Marketing, PPE, WC, Social Media Marketing, Re-targeting, Dark Posts-" if you can't explain to me fully which each of those terms means, then you have no excuse to not be succeeding.
I'm not pro college education, but I am pro education. All because we are trying to live alternatively, doesn't give us the excuse to sit around and NOT LEARN SHIT. It is on YOU to become educated, and learn things inside out. Know your Shopify store inside out. Learn a bit of code. Read a copy-writing book. Hell, read 5 books! This stuff is not easy to learn, yet Ecom gained so much popularity because people can show financial results and make it seem easy.
If you want money fast, learn coding or something. If you hustled for 3 months to learn coding, I promise you could make $4k/Mo. working less than 20 hours a week. In fact, I'm an Internet Marketer that does more web design & coding than internet marketing because IT IS SO IN DEMAND! Which brings me to the next point...
Supply & demand. Limited Liability Corporation. If you are so intent on building this Ecom business, it is time to start treating it like a business. File for an LLC. Get a business Checking account, a Paypal merchant account. Building an alternative business yet not learning business is shooting yourself in the foot. If you've spent $1k yet haven't even made $100 back, you've fucked up.
I am trying to inspire you, by clearing the path up. It is long, and there is much to learn, but the cool thing about Ecom, is once you get going, you stay going- ONLY if you do it right, build an E-mail list, do white-hat SEO (not black-hat), and LEARN LEARN LEARN. A lot of us are against college education- rightfully, it is long, expensive, and counter-productive. That does NOT give you an excuse to not learn.
If you want to make it in Ecom, and travel the world, meet me in Costa rica, thailand, berlin, and so on- you've gotta learn this. Treat your business like a REAL BUSINESS. Read the book "E-myth" and pick up other books. If it's been longer than 3 months without making $500, you either need to hustle more, or learn more. There is no easy way. You've gotta get your hands in the mud and JUST LEARN THIS STUFF.
That's the best advice I could ever give. Stop trying to cut corners. If you train for a marathon by cutting corners on your workout, your marathon will not improve! The same applies here! You CAN'T NOT LEARN STUFF, then expect to succeed. Do NOT place your $ on luck. Sit down, turn off the phone, learn about LLC, taxes, business terms, business operations, read books, and just learn this.
You can do it. If I can, anyone can. Don't believe the lies of this being "easy." It's hard at first, but it WILL get better. It's easy working hard when you see the sales- get your sales coming in ASAP. Stay inspired. Live a good life and hold the vision in mind. Never stop learning, and believe in yourself. Put the time in learning things right, and you WILL get it down...
BY Michael Keller.
(copied from another group)

jubran

Well, the guy whom wrote this is a legend. He's enough experienced and without questions had his numerous failures but he is motivated and that is why he will succeed (if he isn't already).

What he wrote there is correct. It's not 'easy', yet when you build it right, you will afford to live in Costa Rica and Thailand while spending minimum hours working.

Stuart Gibson

Well, the guy whom wrote this is a legend. He's enough experienced and without questions had his numerous failures but he is motivated and that is why he will succeed (if he isn't already).

What he wrote there is correct. It's not 'easy', yet when you build it right, you will afford to live in Costa Rica and Thailand while spending minimum hours working.
I agree with you. The greatest business men didn't make it over night. They worked hard. An artist doesn't paint a masterpiece the first time he picks up a paint brush. They all worked hard and learnt as they went, and learnt from their mistakes

Milos

..and never ever use blackbox solutions like Shopify 'cause you'll never ever been able to get the maximum from your ecom solution