How will I know the product which I have decided to sell doesnt have any copyrights

How will I know the product which I have decided to sell doesnt have any copyrights ?
Because if I am selling sports accessories of some company.
So even that is a brand.
Or some tshirt of some company .
Is it possible for anyone to sue me or shutdown my website ?

Please guide I am a newbie

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
How will I know the product which I have decided to sell doesnt have any copyrights ?
Because if I am selling sports accessories of some company.
So even that is a brand.
Or some tshirt of some company .
Is it possible for anyone to sue me or shutdown my website ?

Please guide I am a newbie

Hello,

We appreciate your contacting us!

In general, we don't recommend selling any products that might be protected with copyright. You might not get into much trouble, so you can try, but we can't guarantee that you won't receive any complaints or even law suits. Besides, it might be difficult to get approved by payment processing services such as 2checkout and Stripe if you have branded products on your website.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

destrovel

There is no problem in selling copyrighted articles per sé.

However, you can safely assume that anything carrying a brand on Aliexpress is fake, and selling fake brand items is illegal.
So anything like Star Wars, Lego, Harry Potter, Nike, Rolex, Puma will be a fake.

Best to stick to items that are unbranded or some weird Chinese brand that most likely is actually selling the real product through Aliexpress.
Though the question then is if your customers will perceive your product's brand as having added value.

Basically you have two options when selling through alidropship:

1) Illegal: Find a niche with a fanbase, sell those items and hope you don't get sued. The chances of being 'caught' are ofcourse dependent on your home country. The USA, Europe are usually tight on copyright, whereas for example Russia is alot more lenient with this.

2) Legal: Find a product which also has value without a brand. For example kitchen aids, arts & hobby materials, clothing

The Dropper

However, you can safely assume that anything carrying a brand on Aliexpress is fake, and selling fake brand items is illegal.
So anything like Star Wars, Lego, Harry Potter, Nike, Rolex, Puma will be a fake.

For the fan merch, about 80% of Aliexpress sellers are factories, and they have OEM license from theses big brands, they benefit from the low production costs in china and the same time they spread their brands in tier3 countries.
However, brands like Nike, Addidas, and other Fashion names is a different story, and the products that have their name on Aliexpress are probably Fake !