How to use the Tracking Code with Ali-Woo?

Beckster

This might be a dumb question, but not sure how I get the tracking codes to pull in from Aliexpress?

Orders are either coming in on: 'On Hold' or 'Processing'. I was then 'Completing' the orders when I'd placed the orders on Aliexpress....i.e. I think I completed them too soon - ...

Now I realise (too late I think?), that you should keep the order in 'processing' mode and ONLY when tracking codes are in on Aliexpress, you can press blue tracking code button in Woo order dashboard? When all updated, I should THEN change order to be 'complete'...

----> I have tediously had to MANUALLY connect orders with various tracking codes - a NIGHTMARE and huge time waster...a real fiddle uhhh! Data entry...eeek.

**Also, what email goes out to customer? is there an Ali template, or we just copy paste code into our own template and send to customer? I can do this bit no problem if tracking is simply linked to the orders...

SO, can you please help me understand how the tracking system (with ali plugin) works with WOO?

TY!

Beckster

...Does anyone have the answer on how to use the tracking system in WOO? Any help??

In the info docs, it's only explaining on non-woo plugin version...Thanks...

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
...Does anyone have the answer on how to use the tracking system in WOO? Any help??

In the info docs, it's only explaining on non-woo plugin version...Thanks...
Hello,

Thank you for your questions!

Tracking system in WooCommerce is not managed by AliDropship Plugin. Our plugin only retrieves the tracking ID from AliExpress to the order details. The rest is done through WooCommerce and its third-party plugins. You can check our these links:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/shipment-tracking/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/aftership-woocommerce-tracking/

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's any way I can be of help.

Best regards,
Igor

Beckster

Hi Igor,

I've now got the live tracking in from one of my orders - but when I go to Get Tracking, it is NOT pulling in the ID's...??

I'm in Chrome. Is there something I'm not doing? I am in the 'Processing' state with the order in Woo.

This is rather critical to work....

Thanks...

Beckster

I'm still having problems getting the Tracking ID's to pull in from Aliexpress on my Woo site...any ideas? Thanks...

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Igor,

I've now got the live tracking in from one of my orders - but when I go to Get Tracking, it is NOT pulling in the ID's...??

I'm in Chrome. Is there something I'm not doing? I am in the 'Processing' state with the order in Woo.

This is rather critical to work....

Thanks...
Hello,

Are you logged in to your AliExpress account?

Beckster

Hi Igor, - yes I'm logged into Aliexpress and still the tracking code will not update via order in Woo.

??

Thanks...

JorgeL

Hi Igor,

I have the same question than Beckster.

Currently when someone makes an order and you fulfil the order, the status of the order stays in processing as it should be and as soon as the provider in Aliexpress has confirmed the payment (24 hours later) then you can pull the tracking ID from the WordPress Dashboard and then the website change the order automatically to completed and send this email to the customer but it does not add any tracking information.

Also, it is confusing because the setting of Alidropship state this sentence (please see image attached): "Order shipped notification will be sent automatically once all tracking ID's is collected" and then when I check Aliexpress it says that it could take 5 or 7 days to update the tracking ID. So it seems like I have to wait 7 days so Alidropship will send this email automatically to the customer but I am not sure about this so I am currently testing it.

2018-08-01 15_01_29-Mail.jpg

In any case, in order to have the tracking page working on Ali-Woo, do I need to configure this plugin ?

Does Alidropship provide any How-To guide about how to do it?

I want to be 100% sure it won't fail before starting a marketing campaign on my site.

Note: There is a lack of information in the Ali-Woo plugin and I think is something that needs to be documented better.

Best,
Jorge

JorgeL

Ok, I just figured it out that the tracking link is added to the email when you change the status of the order to completed (once I have gotten the tracking ID from Aliexpress).

However, there is only one thing I don't understand how it works.

How the track order page work with the Alidropship plugin in woocommerce?

When I add the order ID and billing email to the form it doesn't return anything. So is there a way to have this working with your plugin?

Best,

Jorge

Christina

Administrator
Ok, I just figured it out that the tracking link is added to the email when you change the status of the order to completed (once I have gotten the tracking ID from Aliexpress).

However, there is only one thing I don't understand how it works.

How the track order page work with the Alidropship plugin in woocommerce?

When I add the order ID and billing email to the form it doesn't return anything. So is there a way to have this working with your plugin?

Best,

Jorge

Hello, Jorge!

As Igor has already mentioned, tracking system in WooCommerce is not managed by AliDropship Woo Plugin. Our plugin only retrieves the tracking ID from AliExpress to the order details. The rest is done through WooCommerce and its third-party plugins. You can check our these links:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/shipment-tracking/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/aftership-woocommerce-tracking/

JorgeL

Hi Christina,

Actually I jus figured out that alidropship actually add the tracking link to the completed order. The aftership plugin and the woo commerce shipping plugin that Igor commented just make it more fancy.

Also, my second question was related to how the Track Order page provided by woocommerce works and I just realized that you just need to add the order ID and billing email address and it will pull the info about the order with the link of the Track ID on it (no extra plugin need it), my problem was that I tried to add the Track Order page as a custom end-point of Woocommerce and for some reason when you do that and try to test the page it doesn't return a result but if you let this page open for everyone, it works like charm and it suits for me as I am allowing to my customer to buy even without creating an account.

Hope this help someone with the same doubts that me.

Best,
Jorge