How to upgrade Alidropship from 7.1 to 7.2+

Mar

I need to upgrade Alidropship from 7.1 to 7.2+. How can I do it?
Click here. to open the plugin updates page. Click the dropdown and select the original plugin, click the dropdown and select the PHP version, enter you license key and click download. Deactivate and delete the old plugin and install the new version you just downloaded. Make sure you have transitioned your site to PHP7.2 or PHP7.3 and compatible ionCube loader activated. Get in touch with your host provider support if you need help.

1554116826411.png

Mar

Thank you. I download the 7.2+ to work with 7.3 but it got the warning

Error! PHP Version is not suitable. You need version 7.1+. Learn more.
That mean your site is PHP7.1. To confirm, check if you have info.php file in your cPanel, home>public_html>info.php. If there is, type in your browser, https://your_domain/info.php, replace your_domain with your domain. The file below will open with your PHP version at the top. If you don't have info.php in your cPanel, it has to be created. You need to confirm the PHP version your site is running. Sometime you think you have setup PHP version but it was not. Or as I said earlier, ask help from your host provider.

1554133844250.png
1554134287705.png

Last edited:

kevin2017

I should be the issue with Alidropship plugin. The checking code is illogical.

PHP:
function ads_check_server() {

if( version_compare( '7.1', PHP_VERSION, '<' ) )
        return sprintf(
            'PHP Version is not suitable. You need version 7.1+. %s',
            '<a href="https://alidropship.com/codex/6-install-ioncube-loader-hosting/" target="_blank">Learn more</a>.'
        );

$ion_args = [ 'ion71' => '7.1', 'ion72' => '7.2' ];
    $ver      = explode( '.', PHP_VERSION );
    $version  = PHP_MAJOR_VERSION . '.' . PHP_MINOR_VERSION . '.' . PHP_RELEASE_VERSION;
    $ion_pref = 'ion' . $ver[ 0 ] . $ver[ 1 ];

if( $ion_pref != ADS_CODE && $ver[ 0 ] . $ver[ 1 ] < 73 )
        return sprintf(
            'You installed AliDropship plugin for PHP %1$s, but your version of PHP is %2$s.' . ' ' .
            'Please <a href="%3$s" target="_blank">download</a> and install AliDropship plugin for PHP %2$s.',
            isset( $ion_args[ ADS_CODE ] ) ? $ion_args[ ADS_CODE ] : 'Unknown',
            $version,
            'https://alidropship.com/updates-plugin/'
        );

$extensions = get_loaded_extensions();

$key = 'ionCube Loader';

if ( ! in_array( $key, $extensions ) )
        return sprintf(
            '%s Not found. %s', $key,
            '<a href="https://alidropship.com/codex/6-install-ioncube-loader-hosting/" target="_blank">
                Please check instructions
            </a>.'
        );

$plugins_local = apply_filters( 'active_plugins', (array) get_option( 'active_plugins', [] ) );

if( in_array( 'alidswoo/alidswoo.php', $plugins_local ) ) {

return 'AliDropship plugin is not compatible with AliDropship Woo plugin. You need to deactivate and delete AliDropship Woo plugin.';
    }

if( in_array( 'woocommerce/woocommerce.php', $plugins_local ) ) {

return sprintf(
            'If you use WooCommerce please <a href="%1$s" target="_blank">download</a> and install AliDropship Woo plugin version for PHP %2$s',
            'https://alidropship.com/updates-plugin/',
            $version
        );
    }

return false;
}

Mar

Have you asked help from your host provider? I gave you the steps to upgrade the plugin compatible with PHP7.2+. About transitioning your site to PHP7.2+, again ask help from your host provider. I could not say more.

kevin2017

It's php 7.3.3. It should have been compatible. However, it isn't. After installing the php 7.2, it works fine.

Mar

It's php 7.3.3. It should have been compatible. However, it isn't. After installing the php 7.2, it works fine.
Something is wrong but I am 200% the problem is not the plugin. The plugin is used by thousands of users including me. Everybody should have complained if it is. That is why I am telling you to get in touch with your host provider and don't agree if they say it is the plugin.

Direct Webstore

Alidropship 7.2+ doesn't work for me on PHP 7.3 either. Just be happy with PHP 7.2 ;)

EDIT: Actually, ONE site (out of my 8) DID work on 7.3 ... but none of the others. Strange ... but not worth worrying about at the moment. 7.2 is fine for now.

I will wait for a fully dedicated Alidropship PHP 7.3 version to come out in the future.

Last edited:

bhanjar

Hello,
I'm planning to upgrade my Php to 7.2. The site already filled with products etc. What will happen to the settings and products that are already uploaded if i upgrade to php 7.2 since we have to delete the old plugin first before add the new plugin?

Sunster

Staff member
Hello,
I'm planning to upgrade my Php to 7.2. The site already filled with products etc. What will happen to the settings and products that are already uploaded if i upgrade to php 7.2 since we have to delete the old plugin first before add the new plugin?

Hi, nothing will happen as all the data is in your database.

Direct Webstore

since we have to delete the old plugin first before add the new plugin?
Just as some extra info for you ... every time any plugin or theme is updated "normally" when you click "Update Now", it is automatically completely deleted and replaced with the new one. So you've already been deleting and replacing plugins and themes automatically in the background many times already. This time you're just doing it manually.

;)