How to split variations in woocommerce

Alec

The Alidropship plugin includes this option. But you have to use third party plugins to split variations on the Alidropship Woo.
Is there any third party plugin you could recommend? I could only find one that seemed to do this for woo-commerce. Hoping not the only option.
Thanks

Christina

Administrator
Is there any third party plugin you could recommend? I could only find one that seemed to do this for woo-commerce. Hoping not the only option.
Thanks

I'm afraid that we can't recommend a particular plugin. It's possible some of forum members can share their experience and help you.

Jeff2mars

Allowing to do this in alidropship Woo when importing products should be a priority for you.

Sellers on aliexpress put everything in their variations which makes their products variations not relevant at all and its terrible for us and time consuming to split every variation by hand. Actually we almost loose the interest of using the plugin because of the number of things to correct after.

And no, no third party plugin allow to do that, even not the "Show single variations" plugin.

Please work of this, it's really an emergency !

Last edited:

Christina

Administrator
Allowing to do this in alidropship Woo when importing products should be a priority for you.

Sellers on aliexpress put everything in their variations which makes their products variations not relevant at all and its terrible for us and time consuming to split every variation by hand. Actually we almost loose the interest of using the plugin because of the number of things to correct after.

And no, no third party plugin allow to do that, even not the "Show single variations" plugin.

Please work of this, it's really an emergency !

Thank you for your participation in AliDropship Woo plugin improvement! We will consider your suggestion.

Alec

Thank you for your participation in AliDropship Woo plugin improvement! We will consider your suggestion.

So anyways. I think I figured out how to do exactly what we need to do, without any additional third party application.
It is possible to do it very easily within woocommerce itself. I can not think of any easier way really, not even worth you creating anything for it, it is so easy to do what needs to be done.

Maybe you can create an instruction page for this to help the other members who would like to do this.
---------------------------------------
1. You find a product that has many variations(10), lets say "color" as example, of the product.
2. You Import the product with all the 10 variations with all images, set up the title as you like for 1 and set up description as you like for it.
3. Enter your woocommerce products list in the admin area. Create 9 duplicates.
4. Go into each of the copies, and the original, and remove 9 of the variations from the product data section.
5. Update title and description for the variation of the product that you chose for the post.
5. Remove images you do not want, and set the featured image for the variation that you do want.
6. Publish.
-----------------------------------------------------

Let me know if you think this will work.
Thanks.

Jeff2mars

Thank you Alec but this is what I'm already doing... You know how long it takes to remove every useless variations in all duplicates products, on a store with 500+ products with at least 10 or 15 new ones every day ?... It is unmanageable... your solution works for small stores that add a few products sometimes...

laughs. splitting variation with alidropship woocommerce has always been a disaster. Even if you speak with the support team, they are unable to confirm how to do it. There isn't even a guide under the page that teaches you how to do it. This has been going on for years now. If you go through the forum, you will find many different types of solution but they are all unconfirmed. It don't think it is even possible,otherwise, support would clearly provide a method of doing it.

Mar

laughs. splitting variation with alidropship woocommerce has always been a disaster. Even if you speak with the support team, they are unable to confirm how to do it. There isn't even a guide under the page that teaches you how to do it. This has been going on for years now. If you go through the forum, you will find many different types of solution but they are all unconfirmed. It don't think it is even possible,otherwise, support would clearly provide a method of doing it.
I have seen this issue in some users. They want to split variations, the reason is because the product description is for example, puppy printed t-shirt and one of the variations is not a puppy but a cat. I am wondering why bother to change split variation when you can simply change the product description that will cover all variations, e. g. Cute Baby Pets Printed T-shirt. I am not saying that this is your case but I saw this in the forum.

Direct Webstore

splitting variation with alidropship woocommerce has always been a disaster. Even if you speak with the support team, they are unable to confirm how to do it. There isn't even a guide under the page that teaches you how to do it. This has been going on for years now.

Yes. 2

pinno

So anyways. I think I figured out how to do exactly what we need to do, without any additional third party application.
It is possible to do it very easily within woocommerce itself. I can not think of any easier way really, not even worth you creating anything for it, it is so easy to do what needs to be done.

Maybe you can create an instruction page for this to help the other members who would like to do this.
---------------------------------------
1. You find a product that has many variations(10), lets say "color" as example, of the product.
2. You Import the product with all the 10 variations with all images, set up the title as you like for 1 and set up description as you like for it.
3. Enter your woocommerce products list in the admin area. Create 9 duplicates.
4. Go into each of the copies, and the original, and remove 9 of the variations from the product data section.
5. Update title and description for the variation of the product that you chose for the post.
5. Remove images you do not want, and set the featured image for the variation that you do want.
6. Publish.
-----------------------------------------------------

Let me know if you think this will work.
Thanks.

Hello Alec,
I did the exact same thing and also made a test order from one of the duplicated versions. Alidopship woo is able to tell which product I'm ordering but I will need to manually pick the variation from alidropship store. This means that alidropship woo is a not able to link to the exact variation. In this case, I bet alidropship woo will not be able to update prices/stock numbers when they need to because alidropship woo is not able to tell which variation is which...so it is now end of 2019 and I wonder if you guys have found a solution for this...can someone please share? thanks