How to split product variations ... PLEASE !!

Beckster

In that case I would just delete the product altogether than spend time with the non-sense removing or splitting of variations.
Sorry, it isn't a nonsense issue - it is a very real issue with importing products with multiple variations. Clearly you've not come across the problem so your comments are not entirely valid. Thanks.

Direct Webstore

that is indeed a big problem
That's a subjective opinion. In my opinion (also subjective), I don't think it's a "big" problem at all. Or even a problem at all.

it is VERY time consuming to duplicate copies.
How much more time consuming is it to edit 3 copies (with a different variation/product) in each or to edit 3 "normal" single item products?
None at all. It's actually faster than editing 3 separate single products because of the extra time to import/download 3 different product listings rather than the one with variations.

So not really a problem at all as far as I can see. Edit 3 separate product listings or edit 3 copies of 1 listing. All pretty much "same same, but different".

Sorry, it isn't a nonsense issue
It sort of is. It just depends on how dramatic a person is when they look at the (imagined) "problem". I guess I and some others don't see it as a problem at all, but you, apparently, do. It really does not take any extra time to edit a copy of a product than it does to edit an original product. This "problem" is just in your imagination.

Last edited:

Mar

Sorry, it isn't a nonsense issue - it is a very real issue with importing products with multiple variations. Clearly you've not come across the problem so your comments are not entirely valid. Thanks.
It is amazing, a thing that never bother some people is so critical to some. If you want to make something out of nothing, go ahead find the solution. It is an age old question, you can see in this thread nobody found a solution.

chris37

Hi,
It's been a month now that I'm searching for a way to split product variations but I couldn't, and for users who migh ask what is this ==>
It's basically when you import from Aliexpess 2 shirts with 3 colors as attributes in one product, the plugin will divide this product into 6 separate products (one shirt for each color)

I tried all the methods below (If you're not interested, skip these 4 lines)

1- Tried to improt the product more than one time with a single variation: Woo Alidropship plugin doesn not allow you to import the product twice.
2- Asked the support to add this functionality: They said they won't because there're so many plugin out there that does the same thing
3- After searching a lot, I found a plugin called "WooCommerce Show Single Variations" and tried it: The variation tab just keep loading forever
4- Tried to do it manually (duplicating the products and remove the variation from each entry): It took me forever as some products have 100+ variations.

So, If any body know how to split an imported product from aliexpress please let me know how you do it and if it's a plugin please provide its URL.
I already bough the plugin moths ago, I need to start the store ASAP.

The solution number 4 is the only one working.