How to split product variations ... PLEASE !!

Mostafa

Hi,
It's been a month now that I'm searching for a way to split product variations but I couldn't, and for users who migh ask what is this ==>
It's basically when you import from Aliexpess 2 shirts with 3 colors as attributes in one product, the plugin will divide this product into 6 separate products (one shirt for each color)

I tried all the methods below (If you're not interested, skip these 4 lines)

1- Tried to improt the product more than one time with a single variation: Woo Alidropship plugin doesn not allow you to import the product twice.
2- Asked the support to add this functionality: They said they won't because there're so many plugin out there that does the same thing
3- After searching a lot, I found a plugin called "WooCommerce Show Single Variations" and tried it: The variation tab just keep loading forever
4- Tried to do it manually (duplicating the products and remove the variation from each entry): It took me forever as some products have 100+ variations.

So, If any body know how to split an imported product from aliexpress please let me know how you do it and if it's a plugin please provide its URL.
I already bough the plugin moths ago, I need to start the store ASAP.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi,
It's been a month now that I'm searching for a way to split product variations but I couldn't, and for users who migh ask what is this ==>
It's basically when you import from Aliexpess 2 shirts with 3 colors as attributes in one product, the plugin will divide this product into 6 separate products (one shirt for each color)

1- Tried to improt the product more than one time with a single variation: Woo Alidropship plugin doesn not allow you to import the product twice.
2- Asked the support to add this functionality: They said they won't because there're so many plugin out there that does the same thing
3- After searching a lot, I found a plugin called "WooCommerce Show Single Variations" and tried it: The variation tab just keep loading forever
4- Tried to do it manually (duplicating the products and remove the variation from each entry): It took me forever as some products have 100+ variations.

So, If any body know how to split an imported product from aliexpress please let me know how you do it and if it's a plugin please provide its URL.
Hello, https://alidropship.com/codex/splitting-products-into-separate-variants/

if you use AliDropship Woo - there are plenty of plugins with this option, I'm sure somebody from Forum can give an advice what's the most useful.

Mar

Hi,

I don't see any sense at all. You split the variation, you don't split the variation, the product variation is there just the same and it don't make the product sell because the variation is splitted. That's for me. If it is so important for you, continue finding the solution.

Mostafa

Mostafa

I don't see any sense at all. You split the variation, you don't split the variation, the product variation is there just the same and it don't make the product sell because the variation is splitted. That's for me. If it is so important for you, continue finding the solution.

Thanks Mar for your opinion, most products that I want to sell are included within so many variations.
It's like you're selling printed "Wolf T-shirts" but you have to exclude all other t-shirts with different animals designs.

Mar

Thanks Mar for your opinion, most products that I want to sell are included within so many variations.
It's like you're selling printed "Wolf T-shirts" but you have to exclude all other t-shirts with different animals designs.
If the product is about Wolf T-shirt but some variations are different animals, you simply edit the title of the product e.g. Animal Printed T-shirt. Your problem is not worth spending a minute. Again, that is for me.

Direct Webstore

Not sure if this would work ... but how about importing a product and deleting all the variations except for one ... then importing the product again, with a different title and doing the same, but keeping another variation ... and so on. Just thinking out loud ... probably won't let you import an already imported product ... experiment a little. :)

Jeff2mars

If the product is about Wolf T-shirt but some variations are different animals, you simply edit the title of the product e.g. Animal Printed T-shirt. Your problem is not worth spending a minute. Again, that is for me.

SEO and conversion error.

Direct Webstore

SEO and conversion error.

Then just delete all the variations except the "Wolf T-Shirt". Simple.

Not sure if this would work ... but how about importing a product and deleting all the variations except for one ... then importing the product again, with a different title and doing the same, but keeping another variation ... and so on. Just thinking out loud ... probably won't let you import an already imported product ... experiment a little.

If that does not work ... there are multiple sellers selling the same thing. Just import another product from another seller with an item you want and delete the other variations ... rinse and repeat. No plugin required. :)

Jeff2mars

I did it sometimes but this is a huge waste of time when you have hundreds of products to add, it's almost impossible to do. The solution should come from the plugin, and sorry but there is no third party plugin to do so (no, the "show single variations" plugin doesn't do that)

Direct Webstore

I'd be asking on the Woocommerce forum, the Wordpress forum and/or Googling for a solution if I was you. Why try to find a solution in just one place? (here). :)

Jeff2mars

Because it's a tool in the standard plugin, so the best solution would be Alidropship to include it in the woocommerce edition. I have already asked everywhere, nobody seem to have a solution unless doing it by hand.

Direct Webstore

Googling for a solution
OK .. I will do it for you. :) After 5 minutes of searching on Google ... here is one possible simple answer. (Not guaranteed ... Try it first)

1. Click the "Duplicate" link under the original product that contains e.g 3 variations (Tshirt 1, Tshirt 2, Tshirt 3)
2. Edit the duplicated product and delete Tshirt 1 and Tshirt 2 ... keeping Tshirt 3
3. Duplicate the original again and delete Tshirt 1 and Tshirt 3 ... keeping Tshirt 2
4. Edit the original product and delete Tshirt 2 and Tshirt 3 .......... keeping Tshirt 1

... and of course, edit the product titles and descriptions for each one when you delete the unwanted variations.
(Which you would have to do anyway regardless of any other solution, unless you find one that performs magic ... lol. )

You now have 3 different product listings without the need to spend ages importing 3 different products.

There were other possibilities in the search results ... I won't list them all here. If this one does not work ... Start Googling. Beats waiting weeks for an answer in a single forum. :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I just noticed that Victoria basically gave you the same answer in another thread you started...

Hello, yes, you can import product only once. But you may use Duplicate option to copy it:

... but you were not happy with it. It seems you do need something "magic" that will produce unique Titles and descriptions automatically for you.

There's no way around this. There is no magic solution. Sometimes you just have to do a little work. But in this case you actually get 3 products quicker than it would take to import 3 products the normal way. It's even quicker than splitting them at the import stage.
I really don't see what your problem with it is. :)

Last edited:

IbrahimRahman

OK .. I will do it for you. :) After 5 minutes of searching on Google ... here is one possible simple answer. (Not guaranteed ... Try it first)

1. Click the "Duplicate" link under the original product that contains e.g 3 variations (Tshirt 1, Tshirt 2, Tshirt 3)
2. Edit the duplicated product and delete Tshirt 1 and Tshirt 2 ... keeping Tshirt 3
3. Duplicate the original again and delete Tshirt 1 and Tshirt 3 ... keeping Tshirt 2
4. Edit the original product and delete Tshirt 2 and Tshirt 3 .......... keeping Tshirt 1

... and of course, edit the product titles and descriptions for each one when you delete the unwanted variations.
(Which you would have to do anyway regardless of any other solution, unless you find one that performs magic ... lol. )

You now have 3 different product listings without the need to spend ages importing 3 different products.

There were other possibilities in the search results ... I won't list them all here. If this one does not work ... Start Googling. Beats waiting weeks for an answer in a single forum. :)

Hi ... I understand what Mostafa means as I'm doing the same thing. I'm selling baby clothes. For one type, there could be up to 20 variants (colours). It does not make sense to sell all 20 variants as 1 product listing.

So, when importing the product from AliExpress, I deleted the images and colour names for those variants that I don't want. It worked fine.

Now, the PROBLEM is this ... When the Supplier on AliExpress *updates* the product (price, inventory, etc), the variants that I deleted / unwanted reappear!

So, I got a plugin (in my case, WOOBE Product Editor), and delete the unwanted variants. This method is exactly what DirectWebstore mentioned. It solved the problem for a while, until the Supplier on AliExpress *updates* again. Then, I have to do this delete variants exercise all over again.

Right now, I'm trying to find the solution to the unwanted variants reappearing.

Direct Webstore

there could be up to 20 variants (colours). It does not make sense to sell all 20 variants as 1 product listing.
If the variations are just different colors of the same product ... it makes perfect sense to have them all together in one listing. I've never heard or seen anyone do otherwise. It would be insane to do so.

Right now, I'm trying to find the solution to the unwanted variants reappearing.
I don't know what or how you're doing it, but that does not happen with me, or I should say, it has not happened to me in the past. (Still rebuilding my sites at the moment) nor have I heard of it happening to anyone else in any the multiple threads on this topic in this forum.

Search results ...
https://forum.alidropship.com/search/131143/?q=woocommerce+splitting+variations&o=date

Last edited:

Mar

It does not make sense to sell all 20 variants as 1 product listing.
]I am wondering why it don't make sense to have all those variations. Some products in my store even have more than a hundred variations and it never bother me. Giving the buyer all variations to choose is never a non-sense, You can do what you want in your store and solve all the problem it create. But for me. it is like making a problem out of nothing.

Direct Webstore

I am wondering why it don't make sense to have all those variations. S
In some circumstances it's necessary. For example, if you have a niche site dedicated to "Poodles" and you have a "Poodle T-shirt" as a product, but it also has variations including Labrador T-Shirts, Cocker Spaniel T-Shirts and Rottweiler T-shirts, you'd want to get rid of those extra t-shirts not related to your "Poodle Niche"

Mar

In some circumstances it's necessary. For example, if you have a niche site dedicated to "Poodles" and you have a "Poodle T-shirt" as a product, but it also has variations including Labrador T-Shirts, Cocker Spaniel T-Shirts and Rottweiler T-shirts, you'd want to get rid of those extra t-shirts not related to your "Poodle Niche"
In that case I would just delete the product altogether than spend time with the non-sense removing or splitting of variations.

Beckster

Yes, that is indeed a big problem with importing products from Aliexpress. Some have well over 100 variations on one product listing and it is VERY time consuming to duplicate copies. I was also looking for some kind of plugin to help split the variations quickly into separate products on import! There are other plugins called AliWoo2, and even from VillaTheme (free at the moment) that can split the product variations into separate products ON import...but that would mean giving up Alidropship, at least for importing products. I'm trying that out. Hope that helps.