How to solve problem with fb pixel after last update?

pero.vukobrat

Updating such important thing without noticing and providing detail instructions is NOT OK.
I tried with Igor on Support but he left.

Instructions on FB and Codex are contradictory or outdated.

Anybody solved it?

Thanks in advance

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Updating such important thing without noticing and providing detail instructions is NOT OK.
I tried with Igor on Support but he left.

Anybody solved it?

Thanks in advance
Hello,

What exactly do you find misleading in the guides? FB guide offers exhaustive information on how to set up FB Pixel.
We've removed the Pixel option from Customization to ensure your events fire correctly. Moreover, the number of events included in the Customization was limited to 3, it might not be enough to track all your website conversions to see the whole picture.
You can still manage your Pixel events in your Ads Manager and add the entire code to the website header.
Alternatively, you can paste your FB Pixel ID in FB Business add-on (if you have it installed), we'll handle the events for you.

pero.vukobrat

Hello,

What exactly do you find misleading in the guides? FB guide offers exhaustive information on how to set up FB Pixel.
We've removed the Pixel option from Customization to ensure your events fire correctly. Moreover, the number of events included in the Customization was limited to 3, it might not be enough to track all your website conversions to see the whole picture.
You can still manage your Pixel events in your Ads Manager and add the entire code to the website header.
Alternatively, you can paste your FB Pixel ID in FB Business add-on (if you have it installed), we'll handle the events for you.

Hi Ekaterina,

Who said misleading?

1. The update was done without warning that pixel will be disconnected and that action needs to be done. It is the PIXEL, the important thing, don't you think.
2. Additional events could be just added, without moving a text entry for pixel id to Facebook Business add-on which you have to pay for.
3. Without add-on ($$), If you follow instructions, you can not get VC, ATC and PUR events. Only Page View event. (When you copy Pixel code in customization/head). If you think I am wrong, try it yourself and then call support like I did.

Your guides are pretty good and I am using them a lot. This one is not. But this is a smaller issue.

Moving pixel setup to the add-on (BTW, now the logical place to be), which you need to pay extra to have what you had before, and killing customers' pixels, while they are spending money on them... And without noticing...

That's an issue.

I know that you will update guides.
Also, some screenshots, especially FB, are outdated, which is not big deal if you are not a beginner.

Have a nice day

Direct Webstore

Who said misleading?

They're not outdated, so your claim that they are is misleading. I've read the FB Pixel section and it's links to further info on Facebook's Business section and it all seems straightforward enough to me.

The update was done without warning that pixel will be disconnected

It was posted in the News and Updates section. https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/alidropship-themes-update.7761/
As admin of my sites, I check it often. I suggest you do too. You often find interesting and useful info there.:)

If you follow instructions, you can not get VC, ATC and PUR events.
Guide said:
Click the toggle icon next to an event you'd like to track. Learn more how to set up Pixel events.

You can have those events. All the instructions for setting up the various events can be found by following the link it the quote above. https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755

You do not have to use any paid plugins.

I think you just need to slow down and re-read everything a little more carefully.

Good luck and have a nice day! :)

kevin2017

They're not outdated, so your claim that they are is misleading. I've read the FB Pixel section and it's links to further info on Facebook's Business section and it all seems straightforward enough to me.

It was posted in the News and Updates section. https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/alidropship-themes-update.7761/
As admin of my sites, I check it often. I suggest you do too. You often find interesting and useful info there.:)

You can have those events. All the instructions for setting up the various events can be found by following the link it the quote above. https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755

You do not have to use any paid plugins.

I think you just need to slow down and re-read everything a little more carefully.

Good luck and have a nice day! :)
Nope. You can install it manually but it can't track correct things like Product ID and price. It's fixed code, not flexible.

Direct Webstore

You really should. There's only 2 or 3 people saying it's not working with all events. They should re-read too. Especially the bits on the FB Business page. One of my sites uses the Original plugin and it's working fine.

Last edited: