How to replace the woo-elgreco theme, Customizing ▸ Front Page Products, with a product category

Georgy

woo-elgreco theme, product display on the home page, how can I display by product category
Hi there! Thank you for reaching out. Could you please clarify your question about what do you want to implement? Screenshots appreciated

chris37

woo-elgreco theme, product display on the home page, how can I display by product category
You use the woo version ..

So you must create a child theme for the setting you are going to motify be permanent.

Then you go in you files and find the front-page.php .

There you will remove the <?php get_template_part('template-parts/page-front/page-front', 'products'); ?>

and you replace it with the woocommerce categories shortcode ( see below image for you understand better )

c6bWhj.jpg

You still need to apply CSS code for is be visual well with your theme style but this is one way to do it.

All of the above you doing it with your own risk as are not easy staff to work with. I suggest to let it like that as this theme is perfect how it is.

If you decide to go for it make sure to back up your website .. Or hire a professional to do it for you.

Regard
Chris

chris37

@George Murdasov hi,

As we come in this subject , in the next woo themes update can you add a way to display woocommerce hooks??

I see some themes (not alidropship have this feature) !!

Thank you !!

chris37

I use this plugin a lot George as is allow me to custom motify and the changes stay even if I change theme.

I am talking about woocommerce hook.
Are the prebuilt default positions name for i write the function..

Right now every time I need to write a snipper I must go to woocomerce hook website and check them one by one.

It will be an amazing feature if there the customization to allow the admin to see this hook for take the name of the woocommerce hook.

I know is more developed kind of tool , but many paid themes use this feature and I believe it will help many if you apply it to all the paid Ali themes

Georgy

I use this plugin a lot George as is allow me to custom motify and the changes stay even if I change theme.

I am talking about woocommerce hook.
Are the prebuilt default positions name for i write the function..

Right now every time I need to write a snipper I must go to woocomerce hook website and check them one by one.

It will be an amazing feature if there the customization to allow the admin to see this hook for take the name of the woocommerce hook.

I know is more developed kind of tool , but many paid themes use this feature and I believe it will help many if you apply it to all the paid Ali themes
Please, provide an example of the theme. I will ask developer