How to re-download product pictures

John R

Hi All

Recently my hosting ISP upgraded their servers from php 5.2 to 7.2. After this my Aliexpress Woo plugin stopped working and i had to uninstall and install the 7.2 plugin. The next day I noticed that all the images for all my products where no longer visible. All the images are still in my uploads folder but not attached to the products. How do I go about get the products to re-download / attached the images to each product? I have tried to run a product update which only updates the prices but doesn't download the images back to each product.

Christina

Administrator
Hi All

Recently my hosting ISP upgraded their servers from php 5.2 to 7.2. After this my Aliexpress Woo plugin stopped working and i had to uninstall and install the 7.2 plugin. The next day I noticed that all the images for all my products where no longer visible. All the images are still in my uploads folder but not attached to the products. How do I go about get the products to re-download / attached the images to each product? I have tried to run a product update which only updates the prices but doesn't download the images back to each product.

Hello, John R!

You will have to reimport products, unfortunately.

omktg

Hey @John R

Have you tried with this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

This is useful for situations such as:
  • A new thumbnail size has been added and you want past uploads to have a thumbnail in that size.
  • You’ve changed the dimensions of an existing thumbnail size, for example via Settings → Media.
  • You’ve switched to a new WordPress theme that uses featured images of a different size.
It also offers the ability to delete old, unused thumbnails as well as update the content of posts to use the new thumbnail sizes.

I had a problem with one of the built-in themes, some of the images were not shown at all, so I used that add-on to rebuild all the thumbnails. And the theme picked them up perfectly afterwards. [just remember to delete all cache, and test your site in an incognito window]

Maybe I can also help you.

Last edited:

John R

Hello, John R!

You will have to reimport products, unfortunately.

How do I reimport products if my chrome extension says that product has already been imported. Would that mean i would have to delete the product first and then re-import. Hell that will take ages as well as i will loose all my custom descriptions

Christina

Administrator
How do I reimport products if my chrome extension says that product has already been imported. Would that mean i would have to delete the product first and then re-import. Hell that will take ages as well as i will loose all my custom descriptions

Yes, it means that you should delete the products and import them again. I'm very sorry.