How to import shipping options using alidropship woo plugin

Doit

Hi,
In aliexpress, the products have different shipping options, some product only ship to USA, no shipping option to other countries. Some products world wide shipping. How to import these details?

If i have my own shipping rules, it's tedious to create rules for each and every product.

Doit

It is not possible to import shipping details from aliexpress. Import only epacket free shipping items and set free shipping in your store.

Thanks for the answer. but this way we can resolve the different shipping cost issue but how about shipping available country. Do we need to check one by one product which country is available for shipping?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Thanks for the answer. but this way we can resolve the different shipping cost issue but how about shipping available country. Do we need to check one by one product which country is available for shipping?
When you import your products select a country from Africa for example to check if Free shipping or ePacket is available or not? if it is available for Africa it will be available for other countries as well.

sogesecret

Hi, am currently using alidropship woocommerce plugin.
how do i set worldwide free shipping and epacket for my store without getting a loss?
How do i know which country to offer free shipping and Epacket to?
What if free shipping or Epacket is not available for Africa, how do i set the shipping cost?

mglazebroo

When you import your products select a country from Africa for example to check if Free shipping or ePacket is available or not? if it is available for Africa it will be available for other countries as well.
Is there a way to convert a store from alidropshipwoo to standard alidropship? Shipping costs and times are making my customers angry. I need to be able to import them.

Christina

Administrator
Is there a way to convert a store from alidropshipwoo to standard alidropship? Shipping costs and times are making my customers angry. I need to be able to import them.

Hello. mglazebroo!
If you convert a store from Alidropship Woo plugin to Alidropship one you will have to start from scratch.

Real Residual

Hello Christina, Is there any plan to pull shipping options from aliexpress into alidropshipwoo in the future? Thank you!

I use Alidropship and I don't think it considers shipping costs because some users will choose ePacket while others will choose free shipping. I think it is important to add the cost of shipping into product cost when using the pricing formula because it makes no sense to have a product cost $1.00 and shipping at $2.50 and calculate pricing based on the $1.00 product cost.

Of course, if you add shipping, you have to consider different countries etc... So it is a tough problem for programmers.

Real

mglazebroo

I use Alidropship and I don't think it considers shipping costs because some users will choose ePacket while others will choose free shipping. I think it is important to add the cost of shipping into product cost when using the pricing formula because it makes no sense to have a product cost $1.00 and shipping at $2.50 and calculate pricing based on the $1.00 product cost.

Of course, if you add shipping, you have to consider different countries etc... So it is a tough problem for programmers.

Real
It is a tough problem and I am assuming there are issues with the way shipping zones work in aliexpress as opposed to woocommerce. For instance if I want UK on aliexpress I select UK but on woocommerce there is a zone for Europe. It isn't a one to one transfer. Perhaps that is why they only offer shipping options for the alidropship NON woo version? Either way shipping in aliexpress between different countries is different enough that it makes it very hard to make a successful worldwide site. I may have to focus on US only and just put a disclaimer up for non US buyers "Could take 20 - 50 days for non US buyers" or something like that.

Direct Webstore

What if free shipping or Epacket is not available for Africa, how do i set the shipping cost?
Then you go to the next seller and see if they have it available. There are MANY sellers selling the same items.

I use Alidropship and I don't think it considers shipping costs because some users will choose ePacket while others will choose free shipping.
You don't give them a choice. ALL your customers get free shipping via epacket. YOU choose only products that have epacket/free shipping to list in your store. Simple. :)

It is a tough problem and I am assuming there are issues with the way shipping zones work in aliexpress as opposed to woocommerce.
It's not a tough problem. It's simple. Read the post above this one. Some people are just over complicating things. Remember, you are a dropshipper with minimal overheads. Keep it simple. :)

I select UK but on woocommerce there is a zone for Europe.
All you need in Woocommerce is ONE shipping zone. "Free shipping everywhere". Again, keep it simple. :)

Either way shipping in aliexpress between different countries is different enough that it makes it very hard to make a successful worldwide site.
Only for you. Others, including me have no problem with it. Stop trying to over complicate things. Just take the advice from the experienced Alidropship team who run multiple stores selling worldwide and offer free shipping to ALL customers worldwide. It's not rocket science ... lol :)

All you guys really should read the Knowledge Base and blogs at alidropship.com and sort out all your confusion on how to run things. Really! Go now! Read it it now! ... LOL :)

Last edited:

altin

It looks like this method does not work in every case. I have ran into products that have been available for shipping in USA but not in Canada. Importing shipping options from Ali Express would make life much easier. It would be a great feature of Alidropship woo plugin.

Direct Webstore

It looks like this method does not work in every case. I have ran into products that have been available for shipping in USA but not in Canada.

Are you speaking about recent experience only? At the moment there are blocks and/or delays for all "China Mail" going to Canada because of the trouble caused by them arresting that high profile Chinese woman a few weeks ago. Only ePacket and other posting methods are unaffected.

For everyone else ... the advice about using "Africa", although not 100% foolproof, is still a good rule of thumb to use.

Direct Webstore

Importing shipping options from Ali Express would make life much easier.
One look at those $68 shipping options for their tacky $3 phone cover and the customers will choke on their coffee. LOL :)
Unless you just want them for your own reference, and not for customer choice.

I'm just going to keep it simple and effective (to compensate for long shipping times)

Free shipping/ePacket.
Or ... (cheap) paid shipping/ePacket (Provided free)

i.e, Free Shipping ... only.

Last edited:

altin

Are you speaking about recent experience only? At the moment there are blocks and/or delays for all "China Mail" going to Canada because of the trouble caused by them arresting that high profile Chinese woman a few weeks ago. Only ePacket and other posting methods are unaffected.

For everyone else ... the advice about using "Africa", although not 100% foolproof, is still a good rule of thumb to use.
Yes, this is a recent experience as I bought the alidropship woo plugin less than one month ago and I am testing it. The thing is that you may ran into unexpected situation if the customer will not be sure at checkout if his/her address will be available for delivery.

pavlosol

I read all answer with a lot of interest. There is quite some info hier thanks guys.

I have one question:
I import a product in my page. The seller has Spain and China in his ship form.
How do I make the Spain warehouse as default so that I remove the ship from field?
I only want to ship to europe with the shorter shipping times!

Direct Webstore

How do I make the Spain warehouse as default so that I remove the ship from field?
I only want to ship to europe with the shorter shipping times!
Setting a default shipping location has been discussed a couple of times in this forum already. It's done on a product by product basis as you edit them (obviously) I don't have time to repeat it all again every time someone asks. If no one else does ... you can use the "Search box" above.
(That thing covered in rust and spiderwebs that no one uses. lol)