How to import reviews to manually created product page?

Groovy

Is there a way to import reviews from a specific Aliexpress page to manually created a WooCommerce product page?

chris37

Is there a way to import reviews from a specific Aliexpress page to manually created a WooCommerce product page?
Possible yes but why do you want to do it manual? Have many plugin do it this for you!
In the alidropship add-on section you can find one... Also I remember @the_lyall mentioned one free plugin for this specific reason
us well. Check the search box above about review product page and you will find it.

Groovy

@Chrisschris37 I have a number of products that were created manually - and I was hoping to import reviews using alidropship plugin as it does for newly created product pages.

chris37

@Chrisschris37 I have a number of products that were created manually - and I was hoping to import reviews using alidropship plugin as it does for newly created product pages.
You can not...
They only you can do is import a product from aliexpress, then import reviews, then you go to supplier tab and remove the supplier link , the delete variation and attributes and description, then write and create yours, then upload you image.
At Last you edit the reviews.
This is the way:cool:
I personal I will never do it;)

the_lyall

If you're manually creating product pages on your site for AliExpress products there's probably a way to do it.

BUT
  • You would need to import the product via AliExpress rather than set it up from scratch. Without this there is no way to link the reviews on AliExpress with the product on your site
  • You could then use a standard WooCommerce shortcode to add that product to a custom page, instead of the usual product page
  • You can then make a shortcode to show reviews for a specific product ID, something like this, and add that to the product page you created as well.
  • Then when you import reviews from AliExpress that link to the product they will show on the page you created
If you're not importing the product from AliExpress (regardless of how you're displaying it on your site) then you can't import the reviews. If you're adding it from AliExpress, then you can do something like the above, depending on your theme etc.

chris37

You would need to import the product via AliExpress rather than set it up from scratch. Without this there is no way to link the reviews on AliExpress with the product on your site
Actually he can , if you change the supplier product page link of the supplier tab, the reviews when are gonna be imported they are of the new link shop was place in the settings!

the_lyall

Actually he can , if you change the supplier product page link of the supplier tab, the reviews when are gonna be imported they are of the new link shop was place in the settings!
I'm not sure if that would work, as I don't know if it only uses that to link to the product. If that's all it uses then yes, that would work but in that case why not import the product from AliExpress and add it manually?

Groovy

Does it actually work on your side? I tried adding the Supplier Product URL to the newly created product and then Import Now under the review tab - nothing happens, it just keeps spinning.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.41.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.41.43 AM.png
    887.4 KB · Views: 10