How to easily set out of stocks for products

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezhart

Hi, this is due to corona virus in china, so, for now, I just want to fill my store with pod products for a while until china get stable, anyone knows how to easily set alidropship imported products to out of stocks? I have used several plugins like bulk woocommerce but I can only successfully changed the prices when I set it to out of stocks, not succeed and nothing happens, it still available for orders. So is there any way? thanks!

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Rather than make your store look like a joke with ALL it's products out of stock and insure that any visitor will never return ... just put your site into "Maintenance Mode" for a while and have a holiday.

Mar

Hi, this is due to corona virus in china, so, for now, I just want to fill my store with pod products for a while until china get stable, anyone knows how to easily set alidropship imported products to out of stocks? I have used several plugins like bulk woocommerce but I can only successfully changed the prices when I set it to out of stocks, not succeed and nothing happens, it still available for orders. So is there any way? thanks!
There is no plugin made to mark products out of stock. The reason is because it is a stupid idea.

rezhart

Yeah, but I don't want to lose a customer. If I set it to maintenance mode I cannot add print on demand products. The Alidropship team should add this feature.

Mar

Yeah, but I don't want to lose a customer. If I set it to maintenance mode I cannot add print on demand products. The Alidropship team should add this feature.
By marking all products out of stock, definitely you will lose customers, in fact that is the easiest way to lose customers. AliExpress is not stupid to add that feature.

Direct Webstore

If I set it to maintenance mode I cannot add print on demand products.

If you want to damage your store by setting all your products as out of stock except for print on demand, go right ahead.
If you insist on being rattled by all the Corona Virus/ dropshipping overdramatized bullshit, go right ahead.

But you really should just switch out of panic mode and do nothing.

I'm just trading as usual. Not ALL Aliexpress sellers are affected by the virus. And if I get any customer complaining about an excessively long shipment, I'll apologize, ensure them that it's on the way and offer them a partial refund. (20% or something).

Time to stop panicking and put on the Customer Relations hat. It will all be over in a few weeks.

:)

Direct Webstore

OR ....

put your site into "Maintenance Mode" for a while and have a holiday.

And display something like this on the Maintainance page (The "Maintenance" plugin is great)

1581580824648.png
So sorry! We're on holiday!
We will be back on March 20th!
And to celebrate our return,
here's a 30% off Coupon to use when we open!
BACKFROMHOLS30

... or just go ahead with your plan (somehow) and lose customers forever and damage the reputation of your store.

Up to you.

;)

rezhart

OR ....

And display something like this on the Maintainance page (The "Maintenance" plugin is great)

View attachment 11214
So sorry! We're on holiday!
We will be back on March 20th!
And to celebrate our return,
here's a 30% off Coupon to use when we open!
BACKFROMHOLS30

... or just go ahead with your plan (somehow) and lose customers forever and damage the reputation of your store.

Up to you.

;)
Are you sure maintenance mode like this will not make you lose your customers or damage your SEO? What if the corona affect lasts until April? Someone said that.

Mar

Are you sure maintenance mode like this will not make you lose your customers or damage your SEO? What if the corona affect lasts until April? Someone said that.
It is your store and you can do what ever you like. You can turn it upside down, turn it around so that visitors see the back end and you the front end due to rumurs of Corona virus. I just received an order and was shipped immediately by the seller. What you see here are reactions and suggestions since you are in the forum. You don't expect your weird request will be added by Alidropship team.

Status
Not open for further replies.