How does Alidropship Woo process Orders & Payments automatically & help my Business

anthonyg

Hi,

I bought the Alidropship Woo plugin. I have the following questions, to which, I could not find any satisfying answer anywhere. I also looked through all the plugin options but could not find all answers. So I am seeking an answer from the helpful community of Alidropship. If it helps, I am located in India and I plan on dropshipping to my customers in USA.

Here is my situation:
I am in the process of setting up my website. I have a Credit Card Processor in my website who will process payments from customers automatically and they offer T+2 Settlement and the status of the same will reflect in my online account with them & my order status will also update in the website backend. So far, so good.

Consider the following Scenario:
Let us say that it is 3AM and I am asleep and a customer places an order on my website. What stumps me is, how does Alidropship Woo place an order on AliExpress & complete the entire transaction on AliExpress so that the item can be shipped out to customer ASAP, when I am unavailable & without any involvement on my part? So let me split my questions below.

Based on the above scenario, here are my questions:

1. When a customer places an order & makes a payment, I will receive the payment and the customer sees that the order has been placed successfully. Now, what does Alidropship Woo start doing here? How exactly does it place an order automatically? I am very confused about what "automatically" actually means and its scope!

2. When it is mentioned that Alidropship Woo places an order automatically, I assume that it will visit the AliExpress website, fill the Billing Info & the Shipping Info automatically.

2a) What will Alidropship Woo provide as the Billing Info on the AliExpress Order page?

2b) What will Alidropship Woo provide as the Shipping Info on the AliExpress Order page?

2c) What will Alidropship Woo provide as the Payment option on the AliExpress Order page?

2d) How is the billing handled on AliExpress Order page i.e. what option does it select as the Mode of Payment i.e. Credit Card, PayPal, etc. (I don't see a way to configure these options in the Alidropship Woo plugin in my website)

2e) Do I have to preconfigure my AliExpress account to facilitate automatic payment, by means of adding a Credit Card, PayPal info, etc.?

2f) Generally during a checkout process, websites generally tend to send OTP to confirm the authenticity of the purchase. How is this handled?

2g) How is the actual payment made to AliExpress Supplier & when?

2h) What details does AliExpress Supplier see on the order that he receives from my website?

2i) Do I have to provide my GST information in order for the AliExpress Supplier to actually charge me money & then supply the order? If yes, do I have to enter this somewhere in the AliExpress website, so that this info is sent out automatically to all AliExpress suppliers whenever an automatic order is placed?

3. About Invoicing:

3a) Does AliExpress Supplier raise an invoice upon every order received? If yes, what name would he raise an Invoice upon? Will it be on my Website name or my Customer's name?

3b) Would AliExpress Supplier send an Invoice to me, to my email or to my physical location?

3c) Would AliExpress Supplier send an Invoice to my Customer, to his email or to his physical location?

4. About GST:

4a) How is GST handled?

4b) Who pays for GST (me or customer) and when?

4c) How does AliExpress Supplier invoice handle GST?

5. About Customs:

5a) If an item attracts Customs duty, who pays for it and when?

5b) How can I automatically know about Customs fees when my customer places an order?

5c) How can I automatically pay applicable Customs fees at the time of placing the automatic order on AliExpress, so that the item does not get held at Customs and so that it is guaranteed to reach my customer without any hassles?

5d) What information do the Customs officials see on the shipment from AliExpress Supplier? Do they know that the item is being shipped on my behalf or do they just see only my customer info?

5e) What are the most common reasons that an item can get held at Customs and how can we use Alidropship Woo to solve it?

5f) What are the chances that an item can get held at Customs & how can we solve it?

5f) If an item is shipped using e-Packet option, is it guaranteed to reach my customer safely, without any problem whatsoever?

5g) If an item is shipped WITHOUT using e-Packet option, is it guaranteed to reach my customer safely, without any problem whatsoever?

5h) What kind of issues can we expect for shipping heavy items at Customs and what can we do on our end to ensure safe delivery to my customers?

5i) If an item is held at Customs, do they notify someone of it? I mean, does Customs notify the Supplier or my customer of the shipment detain? How do they do it? How is it solved?

6. Other Taxes & Fees:

What other Taxes & Fees is my business likely to attract, for the fact that I would be operating from India?

7. If a customer asks for an invoice, how can this be handled?

8. My main target is to ensure the smoothest possible delivery to my customers whenever they place an order and ASAP. I would like to handle issues on my end to the maximum possible extent (considering that it is a dropshipping model) so that my customers are not dragged into any other hassles, once they place an order. What care must be taken from the time of placing an automatic order to the time the item is actually delivered?

I know that my list of questions is long, but are required to gain a better understanding of what happens in the real-business, how to handle related issues and how I can use Alidropship Woo plugin to effectively solve most of the business problems, if not all.

Thank you.

Mar

Hi,

I bought the Alidropship Woo plugin. I have the following questions, to which, I could not find any satisfying answer anywhere. I also looked through all the plugin options but could not find all answers. So I am seeking an answer from the helpful community of Alidropship. If it helps, I am located in India and I plan on dropshipping to my customers in USA.

Here is my situation:
I am in the process of setting up my website. I have a Credit Card Processor in my website who will process payments from customers automatically and they offer T+2 Settlement and the status of the same will reflect in my online account with them & my order status will also update in the website backend. So far, so good.

Consider the following Scenario:
Let us say that it is 3AM and I am asleep and a customer places an order on my website. What stumps me is, how does Alidropship Woo place an order on AliExpress & complete the entire transaction on AliExpress so that the item can be shipped out to customer ASAP, when I am unavailable & without any involvement on my part? So let me split my questions below.

Based on the above scenario, here are my questions:

1. When a customer places an order & makes a payment, I will receive the payment and the customer sees that the order has been placed successfully. Now, what does Alidropship Woo start doing here? How exactly does it place an order automatically? I am very confused about what "automatically" actually means and its scope!

2. When it is mentioned that Alidropship Woo places an order automatically, I assume that it will visit the AliExpress website, fill the Billing Info & the Shipping Info automatically.

2a) What will Alidropship Woo provide as the Billing Info on the AliExpress Order page?

2b) What will Alidropship Woo provide as the Shipping Info on the AliExpress Order page?

2c) What will Alidropship Woo provide as the Payment option on the AliExpress Order page?

2d) How is the billing handled on AliExpress Order page i.e. what option does it select as the Mode of Payment i.e. Credit Card, PayPal, etc. (I don't see a way to configure these options in the Alidropship Woo plugin in my website)

2e) Do I have to preconfigure my AliExpress account to facilitate automatic payment, by means of adding a Credit Card, PayPal info, etc.?

2f) Generally during a checkout process, websites generally tend to send OTP to confirm the authenticity of the purchase. How is this handled?

2g) How is the actual payment made to AliExpress Supplier & when?

2h) What details does AliExpress Supplier see on the order that he receives from my website?

2i) Do I have to provide my GST information in order for the AliExpress Supplier to actually charge me money & then supply the order? If yes, do I have to enter this somewhere in the AliExpress website, so that this info is sent out automatically to all AliExpress suppliers whenever an automatic order is placed?

3. About Invoicing:

3a) Does AliExpress Supplier raise an invoice upon every order received? If yes, what name would he raise an Invoice upon? Will it be on my Website name or my Customer's name?

3b) Would AliExpress Supplier send an Invoice to me, to my email or to my physical location?

3c) Would AliExpress Supplier send an Invoice to my Customer, to his email or to his physical location?

4. About GST:

4a) How is GST handled?

5. About Customs:

5b) How can I automatically know about Customs fees when my customer places an order?

5c) How can I automatically pay applicable Customs fees at the time of placing the automatic order on AliExpress, so that the item does not get held at Customs and so that it is guaranteed to reach my customer without any hassles?

5d) What information do the Customs officials see on the shipment from AliExpress Supplier? Do they know that the item is being shipped on my behalf or do they just see only my customer info?

5e) What are the most common reasons that an item can get held at Customs and how can we use Alidropship Woo to solve it?

5f) What are the chances that an item can get held at Customs & how can we solve it?

5f) If an item is shipped using e-Packet option, is it guaranteed to reach my customer safely, without any problem whatsoever?

5g) If an item is shipped WITHOUT using e-Packet option, is it guaranteed to reach my customer safely, without any problem whatsoever?

5h) What kind of issues can we expect for shipping heavy items at Customs and what can we do on our end to ensure safe delivery to my customers?

5i) If an item is held at Customs, do they notify someone of it? I mean, does Customs notify the Supplier or my customer of the shipment detain? How do they do it? How is it solved?

6. Other Taxes & Fees:

What other Taxes & Fees is my business likely to attract, for the fact that I would be operating from India?

8. My main target is to ensure the smoothest possible delivery to my customers whenever they place an order and ASAP. I would like to handle issues on my end to the maximum possible extent (considering that it is a dropshipping model) so that my customers are not dragged into any other hassles, once they place an order. What care must be taken from the time of placing an automatic order to the time the item is actually delivered?

I know that my list of questions is long, but are required to gain a better understanding of what happens in the real-business, how to handle related issues and how I can use Alidropship Woo plugin to effectively solve most of the business problems, if not all.

Thank you.
There are too many questions. I don't think somebody would be willing to answer all. That is why there is this guide: https://help.alidropship.com/settings/other-settings/alidropship-woo-guide-for-woo-version-only#12

Take time to read. It is not true that you could not find any satisfying answer anywhere. Answer to most of your questions are there. Bottom line is, the plugin don't do everything for you like a robot. The plugin has many function that automate tasks but you need to initiate.

anthonyg

Hi Mar,
Thanks for your reply, but like I mentioned, there are no satisfying answers out there & hence my questions. Most of the available information is on a general note and gives a brief overview. My questions may seem lengthy but they are all very specific questions that one would get as they keep moving forward in the process.

For example, watch the video at 0:46:
How to process orders on AliDropship
At 0:46, @Yaros mentions that "Once the payment is completed...", hold on right there. How is the payment completed? Who paid for it and how? What payment method was used? Whose name was on it? What happens to this order when I am asleep and customer makes an order at 3AM? ... You see, so many questions pop up and in the rest of the video, there is nothing else that answers my questions. I have scavenged other videos, but could not get any answers related to my questions.

I am sure that along with me, there would be many other people who would appreciate answers for the questions I posted as it gives a better understanding of what to expect from the plugin & the other additional work involved in taking the business further.

@Yaros here is a request: It would be really helpful if you could please take some time out to answer those questions.

Thank you.

auiu

This is a very good thread.
I hope for the support team to take the neccessary time and answer all the questions.
It will really help the begginers to fully understand the potential of the plugin and will help to build a complete bussines.
Thank to OP for the questions.

Mar

Hi Mar,
Thanks for your reply, but like I mentioned, there are no satisfying answers out there & hence my questions. Most of the available information is on a general note and gives a brief overview. My questions may seem lengthy but they are all very specific questions that one would get as they keep moving forward in the process.

For example, watch the video at 0:46:
How to process orders on AliDropship
At 0:46, @Yaros mentions that "Once the payment is completed...", hold on right there. How is the payment completed? Who paid for it and how? What payment method was used? Whose name was on it? What happens to this order when I am asleep and customer makes an order at 3AM? ... You see, so many questions pop up and in the rest of the video, there is nothing else that answers my questions. I have scavenged other videos, but could not get any answers related to my questions.

I am sure that along with me, there would be many other people who would appreciate answers for the questions I posted as it gives a better understanding of what to expect from the plugin & the other additional work involved in taking the business further.

@Yaros here is a request: It would be really helpful if you could please take some time out to answer those questions.

Thank you.
Hope somebody is willing enough to answer the questions despite the link that I gave you. Again, the plugin is not like a robot that does everything. Although it automate a lot of functions, it still need human intervention. I am sure that will be the same answer you get.

@anthonyg Unfortunately there is a lot of vagueness in the "Knowledge" base. Most of it I had to piece together through the forum and doing test run transactions to see what happens. My suggestions:

1) The best thing you can do is set up a $1 item in your shop and run a test transaction.
2) I've asked some of these same questions, you can search my handle to find them
3) Go in order and just tackle one at a time instead of all. I used the step by step guide in the Knowledge Base and as I got to a question based on a certain area (because as we all see, the info is incomplete and vague), search the question in the forum.

JasonSTX

Alidropship does not instantly fulfill the order. You will need to log into the admin section, select the order and fulfill it. The plugin can autopopulate the fields, etc. for you but there is still a manual component to the actual ordering part.

sneh

The order completion is fine. I understood that it would ultimately need a human @anthonyg intervention but still @anthonyg has many other questions too that is VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO BE ANSWERS and I want answers for those questions too.

I am also an Indian drop shipper so I expect an answer for above questions like

4. About GST:

4a) How is GST handled?

5. About Customs:

6. Other Taxes & Fees:

@Yaros This question has been asked almost one month back and It has not been answered yet. I consider this as irresponsibility from the support and development team's end.

Please answer this.

Thanks

P

Mar

The order completion is fine. I understood that it would ultimately need a human @anthonyg intervention but still @anthonyg has many other questions too that is VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO BE ANSWERS and I want answers for those questions too.

I am also an Indian drop shipper so I expect an answer for above questions like

4. About GST:

4a) How is GST handled?

5. About Customs:

6. Other Taxes & Fees:

@Yaros This question has been asked almost one month back and It has not been answered yet. I consider this as irresponsibility from the support and development team's end.

Please answer this.

Thanks

P
I was hoping earlier that there is somebody willing enough to answer all of these questions, apparently there was not. If the knowledge base is not enough for you, search this forum, all these questions were asked and answered many times in the past.

JasonSTX

From the looks of your questions, none of them are the responsibility of alidropship. The tax and invoice questions are woocommerce, the customs and shipping questions have no direct answer other than 'it depends'.

Please understand exactly what alidropship does. It imports product information and helps complete the sale and track the shipment. Nothing else.

anthonyg

There are so many stories about people using Alidropship plugin to setup stores and making a killing. Here is a complete page dedicated to such stories:
Alidropship Success Stories

When people are able to really make such a killing, then all it needs is just 1 person to correctly answer majority of the questions, if not all. So when there are so many success stories and that too from different people, even if one person contributes to answering just 1 question, I am very sure that all the questions could have been answered by now.

It really wonders me how Alidropship experienced people seem to be participating on various threads (some of them are from India), yet none of them have responded to even a single query, when in fact they have all the knowledge that is required to answer all the questions I posted! Really, really surprising!

Taxes are just one part of the set of questions that I asked. Even if someone could not answer the tax part, I am sure they do have the knowledge to answer the rest of the questions.

This thread is not about a bug-fix or a feature request. Rather, this thread is to understand how using the Alidropship plugin benefits a new business and provide as much as information as possible to help newcomers understand the process so that they can plan accordingly without running into major issues, once they commence the business. This would help understand the scope of the plugin clearly and the next steps needed to be taken outside of the scope of the plugin, to run the business.

@JasonSTX My questions, especially 1 and 2 are about Alidropship and how it works. The rest of the questions are a result of dealing with 1 and 2. I believe someone who has used Alidropship and has successfully processed at least 1 transaction and delivered the product to their customer and who truly wishes to help, could really answer a majority of the questions that I posted. This includes @Yaros, @Mar .

hrm143

Your questions of GST & Taxes etc is beyond scope I suppose....it is all between you and your supplier. Alidropship Plugin only helps you to automate certain things to make it easier for you to import products and process order you want to dropship from your supplier to the customer (B2C);

JasonSTX

@anthonyg 1 and 2 have already been answered. It sounds like you are expecting one solution to handle every single aspect of a drop-shipping business however that just isn't feasible.

1. Partially automated but you need to click a few buttons.
2. subset of 1, it will put in your billing information and the customers shipping information.
3. Nothing to do with Alidropship, it depends on the supplier.
4. Nothing to do with Alidropship, it depends on the supplier.
5. Nothing to do with Alidropship, it depends on the supplier.
6. Nothing to do with Alidropship, it depends on the supplier.

Seriously, one supplier may send you an invoice and label items for customs as a gift. Another may do it as electronics parts but not issue an invoice. There is no way to tell without contacting each supplier separately.

Direct Webstore

I hope for the support team to take the neccessary time and answer all the questions.
Honestly, you guys should read the help section and the blogs. They already write a lot of non plugin info and are adding to it all the time.

Don't be lazy. Most of those questions have nothing to do with the Alidropship plugin. Do some research via Google, Youtube and your country's tax department. If you all aren't capable of that, you'd be incapable of running an online business. I'm constantly shocked at people's inability to do simple research online and learn. (Or even the inability to use the search function on this forum)

Instead, most want to sit back and have answers handed to them on a silver plate. Lift your game guys. Don't be a part of the demographic described in my signature. :)

Last edited:

Mar

There are so many stories about people using Alidropship plugin to setup stores and making a killing. Here is a complete page dedicated to such stories:
Alidropship Success Stories

When people are able to really make such a killing, then all it needs is just 1 person to correctly answer majority of the questions, if not all. So when there are so many success stories and that too from different people, even if one person contributes to answering just 1 question, I am very sure that all the questions could have been answered by now.

It really wonders me how Alidropship experienced people seem to be participating on various threads (some of them are from India), yet none of them have responded to even a single query, when in fact they have all the knowledge that is required to answer all the questions I posted! Really, really surprising!

Taxes are just one part of the set of questions that I asked. Even if someone could not answer the tax part, I am sure they do have the knowledge to answer the rest of the questions.

This thread is not about a bug-fix or a feature request. Rather, this thread is to understand how using the Alidropship plugin benefits a new business and provide as much as information as possible to help newcomers understand the process so that they can plan accordingly without running into major issues, once they commence the business. This would help understand the scope of the plugin clearly and the next steps needed to be taken outside of the scope of the plugin, to run the business.

@JasonSTX My questions, especially 1 and 2 are about Alidropship and how it works. The rest of the questions are a result of dealing with 1 and 2. I believe someone who has used Alidropship and has successfully processed at least 1 transaction and delivered the product to their customer and who truly wishes to help, could really answer a majority of the questions that I posted. This includes @Yaros, @Mar .
So after all this time, since you first posted all these questions you still don't realize that you are asking too much. Although I said I hope somebody is willing enough to answer all these questions, my feeling really is nobody would and nobody really did. One of the reason is there is the knowledge base which I gave you the link, answers to many of your questions are there. Some of your questions only need your common sense as you need it everywhere, Also, as I said earlier, these questions were asked and answered many times in the past, you only need to search it. If you cannot do it, how come you think other people would do such effort for you and answer all your questions. Yes, that's right, as Direct Webstore said, if you are not capable of such little effort to satisfy yourself, you are incapable of running an online business

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I am sure that along with me, there would be many other people who would appreciate answers
You're right. Read my signature. Basic common sense and logic would provide a lot of answers. A search of this forum would also provide answers to some of those questions. And some of those questions, are, in all honesty and no offence intended, just plain stupid. Really.

Direct Webstore

I am not going to write answers in front of these low minded people like MAR and webstore( Who don't even have the courage to mention his real name in profile )
"Direct Webstore" is the name of my company that covers several stores. My real name is Mark. What's yours Mr"sneh"?)
you waste energy writing some crap English sentences.
I don't use much energy at all writing English, but I know It's a difficult language for some. I could give you some free lessons if you like. I was a teacher for many years. :)
Now that I have clearly acknowledged the kind of waste unhelpful text that Mr webstore and Mar has written
Clearly? Oh of course .. lol :) I will await all the helpful text you are going to write. :)
I am 100% not going to convey the answers.
Sort of figured that already. So what are you here for? To complain I guess.
MY DEAR INDIAN FRIENDS. IF ANYONE OF YOU COME ACROSS THIS THREAD AND HAVING PROBLEM RELATING TO GST, JUST GO TO YOUTUBE
Or do what intelligent people do ... go to the Indian Tax department site ... https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Pages/default.aspx
you will find a guy named KINGPIN
@kingpin ? ... Really? Wow! Never heard of him. Is he in this forum? LOL :)
Mar and webstore take care of words when people are doing some genuine work out here.
You mean like you with your ... "Go to Youtube"? ... Yes sir! :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

THE ANSWERS WOULD HAVE BEEN WRITTEN WITH A LITTLE EFFORT OF RESEARCH FROM YOUR END.
Yes ... of course! We should do the research. You're quite right. Why should people do their own research when we can do it for them and hand them the answers on a silver plate? My God man! You are a pure a genius! :)

Its funny to see that you guys try to answer issues
I am not going to write answers
I am 100% not going to convey the answers.
NOBODY TOOK THE INITIATIVE TO WRITE THE Genuine answers.

Including you it seems ... lol :)

1540255542861.png

Congratulations! Here is your award certificate! You are a true HYPOCRITE of the HIGHEST order ... LOL :)

You really DO deserve that "Hypocrisy Certificate" ... LOL :)

I will await all the helpful text you are going to write.
I'm still waiting ... but thank you very, very much for the laugh. You truly are hilarious ... LOL :)

Last edited:

Mar

I remember when I once asked issues related to third-party login then you came out of nowhere and given an absurd answer.
Would you mind mentioning the absurd answer? Let us see if it is really absurd.
THIS IS DISGUSTING TO SEE THAT YOU ALL HAVE WRITTEN SO MANY RUBBISH COMMENTS BUT NOBODY TOOK THE INITIATIVE TO WRITE THE Genuine answers.
The fact that AliDropship staff never cared to answer your questions speak for itself.
You all think you are helping people on this forum
How about you, do you have any value in this forum except asking such questions like what if it is 3AM and I am asleep and a customer places an order on my website?
This is my last answer in this thread. PEACE
That is fine, nobody would miss you.

Last edited: