How do some of you deal with Signal Pricing

CDDiva

what I mean is, the prices in the Ali marketplace are constantly changing. Sometimes they change many times a week.
In normal retail, this is called a pricing signal. It means that the prices fluctuate based on supply and demand, among other things. This, I am sure is not the actual case on Ali, but the sellers themselves giving their own discounts, but for lack of a better way to describe it, I refer to it as signal pricing.

The plugin I am using generally is supposed to read the signals and adapt my price to my pricing chart, but when adding a new product, I sometimes wait for the signal to change before publishing it, because from experience in retail, you don't want to start out at a sale or low price, because this makes it difficult to then raise the price afterward, without controversy, and perhaps loosing potential customers.
So for me, if the signal states the price will go up in the next few hours, (or a day or 2 in some cases) I wait to import until the price is normal.
Also, I think it much wiser to start at full price, and then any discounts or lower price changes, will seem like a great deal. Hope that makes sense to some of you.

I do notice however, that some price signals don't actually change that much, for these instead of waiting, I post them as "introductory offers" and attempt to create a sense of urgency to buyers in getting the product for the low price.

In any case, I would like to know how some of you deal with signal changes, and do you have any better, or different ways to suggest for this aspect of the dropshipping arena.

Direct Webstore

You seem to have a tendency to over complicate things that do not need to be complicated ... from this and another post. The Alidropship plugin automatically takes care of price changes. Set it and forget it. Then concentrate on things that will make your store stand apart from others like adding blogs/articles/quizzes and/or product videos for your sites Youtube channel.

But you can always change prices on particular products yourself when you edit them if you wish to waste time playing around with pseudo "price signalling" with your store. It's simply not used by Aliexpress sellers. They're not that sophisticated. And with the Aliexspress drop shipping model, it's simply a huge waste of time trying to implement it. You really should adhere to the "KISS Principle" ;)

But for me, I prefer to let my pricing formulas take care of everything rather waste my time on unnecessary things.

The plugin I am using generally is supposed to read the signals and adapt my price to my pricing chart, but when adding a new product, I sometimes wait for the signal to change before publishing it,

What plugin is that?

In any case, I would like to know how some of you deal with signal changes
I don't even bother to deal with it. There's really nothing to be "dealt with".

FINE PRINT DISCLAIMER: All this is purely my opinion and if you don't agree, that's fine. I don't wish to debate the issue. If I did, I'd be wasting time repeating myself. I'm sorry, but I have to say that from past experience on this forum. Many get upset when I express my own opinion and it conflicts with theirs.

But I'm curious to what others have to say.

;)

CDDiva

I never said I was using AliDropship, altho I have installed the Dropship.me plugin... I think it might be rude and unethical to mention anything else here, since this is a forum for a specific company, maybe that's just me.
I joined a couple days ago, to look further into the AliDropship plugin, and maybe a little more understanding about the Dropship.me plugin.
So far I am happy with what I am using, but there is always room for improvement whether you are talking about plugins, or life.

Anyway... thanks for the input....

Direct Webstore

I never said I was using AliDropship
That's why I asked this ...
What plugin is that?
What you were saying did not fit the Alidropship plugin profile.

As for the Dropship.me plugin ... I prefer to filter, select and write descriptions myself. It only has the specs for products pre-written so you still have to write engaging descriptions for each product anyway. It's really mostly useful for clueless people who don't know how to search, filter and select products. I did use it to import the first 50 products on one of my sites, just to try it out though.

;)

CDDiva

yes I noticed that, which is why I have found an alternative way to use it. I still import once in awhile, but I am certainly not relying on it.
As mentioned, I wanted to explore, research, investigate, whichever one prefers, the alidropship app... I am still importing to my shops, (with the other not named app) and am not having any issues really, (and also, another reason why in a previous convo, I do try to establish a "relationship" if you will, with some of these guys, let us just say it is another aspect of the retail biz I "grew up" on)
Any issue I might be having is in the signaling process.... but I understand if that does not make sense here... It actually is more of a term used in floor level marketing, like department stores etc... but in my case, it would have to do with pricing changes occuring automatically in the dashboard of my store..... anyhow, I was initially just wondering how others dealt with this, and now I have my answer lol

:D

Last edited:

CDDiva

Oh yeah, and just so everyone knows, I NEVER let the original descriptions hit my stores.
I clean it all up in the app first, before it even gets imported. In dropship.me, for those of you using it, it allows you to import to your store as a draft! DO THAT ALWAYS is my advice. Always rewrite your descriptions, make it somewhat your own if you can, rewrite the tags, etc etc...

Of course you above me already know that obviously ;) but for others with the issue of "same as everyone elses description on the internet"! these words are good advice to you, IMO... not trying to say I know everything or anything, but I do know unique pays off in the long run.
Why if someone searches for a product, they find countless search pages with the same descriptions etc would they click on any of them.... do you think that will confuse them lol, yeah!! Better to work on SEO, and take a little time with each product before you hit the publish button in your store. Remember one thing, once you hit the button, it is gone to the super highway, even if you call it back and take the time to edit something, your first version is gone.... think about that for a minute... Take the time to be unique, and careful too lol

;)

Direct Webstore

(with the other not named app)
Oberlo, right? Don't worry, it's been mentioned heaps of times on this forum. ;)

"Price signaling" - It actually is more of a term used in floor level marketing, like department stores
And even more so in supermarkets.

I NEVER let the original descriptions hit my stores.
Neither does anyone else. Except the extremely rare REALLY stupid ones.

Take the time to be unique
Something all the failed stores I've seen for sale on this forum have failed at.

;)