How can I sell customized products?

Lana

Hi there,

I'm looking for a automated way to sell customized products, like metal tags with some words (name, streeet .....)
that the customer can change.
My process is:
1. My customer chooses 1 or often more than 1 goods
2. For each selected good, the customer must enter a text, to place on the choosed product
3. Klick on order

How can I implement this in Alidrop Woo?
How can we send a text per article on Aliexpress with the Alidrop Woo?
Is that only possible with a single order and what do I do with the custom note for a supplier replacement (we are dropshipping ....)
We need that note, to be sure, that our china partner ship blind with no advertising...
The customer comment must be placed somehow in front of this note?

Do I have to change some php files or something????
or is there a way(it would be great) to do it just with the plugin?
if not, it would be a great idea to implement...

Thanks a lot

Lana

Arnaldo

I don’t know if this is something to do with Alidropship. Can you be more specific? Do you mean you work with a Chinese seller on Aliexpress that does Print on Demand services? Yes, with Alidropship there is already a field for this that sends an automated message to supplier when ordering, there you can ask for blind dropshipping and other requirements. If you don’t use Aliexpress and use instead other POD services like Printful, there is a great plugin for this but I don’t remember the name. Check on google « woocommerce mockup generator » I think it’s a themeforest. You can use it to let your customer design their own mockup and place them the way they want. Problem is you will have to readapt the mockup to use it with POD services like printful. So more manual work. Few month ago the plugin developer said they worked for an integration with printful, maybe now its available.

Will post the name of the plugin later when I get home.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Arnaldo

https://codecanyon.net/item/fancy-product-designer-woocommercewordpress/6318393

Here is the plugin, it’s called Fancy Product Designer.

You could implement this on your site, let the customers design their product and manually process the order later.

Or maybe since this is a woocommerce plugin it can work with Alidrophip. I said maybe.

Try and experiment. In fact it could be an interesting suggestion to add to Alidropship, not a priority since there is more important topic atm but adding a mockup generator could be great.

Lana

Hi,

@Arnaldo --> many thanks

i mean something like personalized bracelets with name and date on it or something like this. Customers should enter some text in a custom field (I would use maybe this plugin to make a custom field: Woocommerce Product Custom Options Lite)
This text must be taken by Alidrop plugin during the order process to Aliexpress, so i don't have to put the information manually in the Aliexpress "note"-field. In the moment this custom note for a supplier replacement comes with the order. I mean this note, you can find under "Auto order settings". I need some combination of the customer text and my text per article, so the Aliexpress seller can make the text on a bracelet and see, that we are dropshipping.....both informations are important. In the moments i have to put the customer text via copy and paste, which ist not very comfortable.

Arnaldo

Yes sadly, you will have to do manual work. Hem... if it sells, do it like that. And make this suggestion in the suggestion forum, I find this to be interesting for such purposes because more and more aliexpress sellers now do POD and custom products.

Christina

Administrator
Hi there,

I'm looking for a automated way to sell customized products, like metal tags with some words (name, streeet .....)
that the customer can change.
My process is:
1. My customer chooses 1 or often more than 1 goods
2. For each selected good, the customer must enter a text, to place on the choosed product
3. Klick on order

How can I implement this in Alidrop Woo?
How can we send a text per article on Aliexpress with the Alidrop Woo?
Is that only possible with a single order and what do I do with the custom note for a supplier replacement (we are dropshipping ....)
We need that note, to be sure, that our china partner ship blind with no advertising...
The customer comment must be placed somehow in front of this note?

Do I have to change some php files or something????
or is there a way(it would be great) to do it just with the plugin?
if not, it would be a great idea to implement...

Thanks a lot

Lana

Thank you for your suggestion! We will certainly consider it.