how can I delete the Aliexpress.com content in my database

in my Wordpress database ,the sql SELECT * FROM `wp_posts` where`post_content` like '%aliexpress.com%'

will get 981 result

the product image is my server domain, but the product url is Aliexpress.

so , why the alidropship plugin can't update the content to my domain.com?

how can I update or delete the all 'Aliexpress.com'

Attachments

• 2018-10-07 09-14-50.png
    2018-10-07 09-14-50.png
    529.4 KB · Views: 24

Christina

Administrator
in my Wordpress database ,the sql SELECT * FROM `wp_posts` where`post_content` like '%aliexpress.com%'

will get 981 result

Hello, dear client!

That's all right. Products on your site can be updated with the help of these links.

Mar

will get 981 result

Focus your effort in more sensible matters like marketing to generate sale. Do not worry about things you don't need yo worry.

Direct Webstore

Those URLS are for images that are hosted on Aliexpress. If the URLS were not there, the images would not show. If you don't want any Aliexpress URLS on your site, import ALL images to your site. But I hope you have a lot of storage space with your hosting plan.

Read the documentation on how to do this in WP Admin/Alidropship/Settings.

:)

Direct Webstore

Why are your images hyperlinked to Aliexpress? That's not normal. You need edit your products correctly and not leave hyperlinked images there. I bet they are images in the description section right? Delete them.

Then go and read the documentation on how to edit products correctly .. https://help.alidropship.com/?q=products

Direct Webstore

it is a bug.
It's not a bug. If it was it would be happening to everyone. You are editing the products incorrectly.
in the Product Description, the first image's url is Aliexpress.com.
That's what I said before. The product description contains extra hyperlinked images placed there by the Aliexpress seller.

DELETE THEM ... or at least delete the hyperlinks with them when you edit the product. Simple.

Everyone normally just deletes them. They are garbage.

It is NOT a bug

Simple as that.

You don't understand my mind.
Now I do ... you don't comprehend basic instructions

READ ... https://help.alidropship.com/?q=products ALL of it.

Good luck

Mar

https://www.dressestyle.com/women-b...omen-messenger-bag-big-tote-sac-bolsos-mujer/ in the Product Description, the first image's url is Aliexpress.com.

if somebody click the image ,he will go to Aliexpress.

it is a bug.
I see what you mean and it is really a thing to worry. It is an old issue and was resolved long time ago. Somewhere in this forum there are CSS codes that will hide images with hyperlinks to AliExpress in the front end. In the back end you will see this images, as you are told by Direct Webstore, you can delete the images or delete the hyperlinks. But without the CSS codes you never know other images with hyperlinks are showing and visitors discover them not you. You don't have to do anything in the database, or you will break you site.

Direct Webstore

Somewhere in this forum there are CSS codes that will hide images with hyperlinks to AliExpress
You're not thinking of those robots.txt rules I posted to hide aliexpress image links from search bots are you? ... if so ... that doesn't hide the links from customers.

But anyway ...not many customers are savvy enough to right click an image and open it in a new tab and see it's URL. Some of them can barely turn a computer on ... lol :)

But if there actually is CSS code to hide the images ... I think he may as well just delete them. It's only ever those crappy promotional images in the description that are hyperlinked. This guy simply isn't editing his products properly and is leaving all the crap there.

Mar

You're not thinking of those robots.txt rules I posted to hide aliexpress image links from search bots are you? ... if so ... that doesn't hide the links from customers.

But anyway ...not many customers are savvy enough to right click an image and open it in a new tab and see it's URL. Some of them can barely turn a computer on ... lol :)

But if there actually is CSS code to hide the images ... I think he may as well just delete them.
I really don't take right click of an image and see its URL seriously. Yes, not many customers even think of it, and even if they see the URL, it don't make much sense to them. But this case of image hyperlink is really serious. Visitors will only click the image and he is in AliExpress. He may as well delete the images, after all these images are not really one of the product description.

Direct Webstore

I really don't take right click of an image and see its URL seriously.
Right click and open in a new tab to see it's URL ... but like I said ... no one is likely to do that. And even more unlikely with the 43% of mobile users. I don't take it too seriously either.
even if they see the URL, it don't make much sense to them
That's right.
But this case of image hyperlink is really serious. Visitors will only click the image and he is in AliExpress.
Yes. It's those small promotional cross selling /upselling images that Aliexpress sellers are always putting in the description ... anyone with sense just deletes them. This guy is just being lazy and/or ignorant and importing products with little or no editing and leaving them there.

after all these images are not really one of the product description.
That's right ... like I said ... they are cross selling products hyperlinked to the seller's store.

The basic problem here is ignorance. Unpleasant ... but true.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

I want delete the Aliexpress.com url.
The simple way to do it is when you are editing the product ... click the "Text" tab and select the whole table containing the cross selling images and delete them.

Even better ... just delete the entire description write original details and description. Which is really the recommended way anyway ... as mentioned in the documentation I gave you a link to. That is ... you should rewrite the whole description and title with original text and get rid of all the crap put there by the Aliexpress seller ... including those cross selling images.

You really should read it ... as well as all the other info in there in order to avoid any future problems and misunderstandings.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Last edited:

Mar

if write every product one by one, it verb more times.. no no no.

I will delete it in mysql with sql.
We are telling what you should do since you are asking help. But it is your site and you are free to do anything. If that is your attitude, you better not ask help anymore. Do whatever you want and don't ask help when your site break.

We are telling what you should do since you are asking help. But it is your site and you are free to do anything. If that is your attitude, you better not ask help anymore. Do whatever you want and don't ask help when your site break.
sorry, I can't delete all description. it misunderstanding.

I will update my database ,delete the Aliexpress.com url and images only.

one by one editor product is slowly.

Direct Webstore

sorry, I can't delete all description
If you don't write your own descriptions your site will suffer. Importing and editing products is the biggest job in setting up your site, but it's must be done. Lazy people don't make make money. Once it is done, you only have to add a few new products now and again.

I have description "templates" made for each category that I copy/paste into the "Text" tab in the product description so I don't have to write everything from the beginning. It also adds a "uniform" look to all your product descriptions.

After I paste the template, I fill in the details.

e.g ... This is a simple example. I just paste that in ...

Description

Dimensions:
Color:
Weight:
Material:

Package Includes:

... then fill in the rest. For example ...

Description

Star Trek pocket watch! Tell time where no man has told time before! Be the envy of all your friends with this cool little time machine! A real keepsake and collector's item! Never be late for a trip to the stars again!

It's quartz movement and battery operated power will never let you down in terms of accuracy and durability. Comes with a silver chain and beautiful gift box. Also makes an ideal gift!

Dimensions: 6.5 cm x 6.5 cm x 1.5 cm
Color: Bronze and silver
Weight: 25 gms

Package Includes: 1 x pocket watch, 1 x chain, 1 x gift box

1539236339335.png

Note: I don't really sell these as it would be a trademark violation ... it's just an example. :)

Last edited: