Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar

My website is loading in 9.5sec from Canada tested with Gtmetrix with first hosting plan from Alidropship. I will come back with an update when I will get the VPS from IntoVps.
Not all VPS is good. My site was in VPS plans with different host providers in the past with dismal performance until I moved to my current host provider with a shared hosting plan. If VPS is the only thing you think can make you site perform well, chances are you will be disappointed. There is a lot more than VPS.
this question about the hosting was added by me here because I just wanted to know how it is your experience with the hosting providers. @Direct Webstore I am lazy because I am a programmer :p and thanks for the InterServer website but it's not what I want. They provide VPS but not cPannel included and are expensive.
In your first post in this thread, you were asking advice of a good host provider. The members responded with their personal experience. But it is your call after all.

Direct Webstore

because of the distance that's why CDN's are out right now, "to get the server closer to the user".
To get the "images" served from a closer image server. Not to get your store's server closer. I know you meant that ... just clearing it up for the non-native English speakers here. ;)

-"not have unlimited space" - this is wrong, such a thing doesn't exists or like unlimited bandwidth... this are marketing stuff.
It's not "wrong" and there's nothing wrong with using hosts that make that claim. People just need realise that "Unlimited Space" is fine, but they don't mention the "Inode limit" which limits the number of files on your site. If there was "unlimited space" and an Inode limit of 400,000 files, you could have 400,000 files that were 50 gigabytes each or 400,000 files that were 1 megabyte each. So space is not the problem to worry about in this situation.

Inode limits really get used up fast by images. So I just host the Featured Image on my sites for SEO purposes and the rest on Aliexpress's CDN. (No need to use another, especially Cloudfare's)

or like unlimited bandwidth
As far as I know ... there is no problem with unlimited bandwidth. Go for it. But again, there is something they don't mention. CPU use. All the bandwidth in the world won't stop your site from being temporarily shut down because of excessive CPU use. (Lots of threads here about that).

-it was down 2-3 times in 2 days please check the attachment.
Alidropship. Fantastic plugin ... Terrible hosting.

I ask you if you can advice me a good hosting provider that can run a store quickly.
thanks for the InterServer website but it's not what I want.
That's what you asked for. If there's MORE you want, then I'm afraid that we're not mind readers.

If VPS is the only thing you think can make you site perform well, chances are you will be disappointed. There is a lot more than VPS.
Definitely. There's more than one component affecting site speed. And if the OP did a search, he'd find a ton of posts on it. It's naive and ignorant to think that getting a VPS is a "magic bullet".

Last edited:

Razvann

A shared one. What happened to the VPS?
The thing is that I tried to find a VPS with cPannel but all of the hosting providers provides two ways doing this:
1. VPS + cPannel but this are managed VPS servers and are expensive - 60E per month
2. VPS + free cPannel/DirectAmin licence with 10Euro per month but unmanaged server, this implies that I need to install the cPanel all the things needed. This is what I don't want it because it is time consuming and I don't know how to take care of security properly.
So I tried this shared hosting to see if everything it's ok and also asked them to look over the hosting from Alidropship if I can transfer the store and they said it will be faster and they will take care of transferring the store, so I tried their hosting and it's great.

Mar

So I tried this shared hosting to see if everything it's ok and also asked them to look over the hosting from Alidropship if I can transfer the store and they said it will be faster and they will take care of transferring the store, so I tried their hosting and it's great.
So where is this Intovps.com with a free cPanel and you use the company for more than 5 years? You don't have to answer. With your flip-flopping, I won't believe it anyway. Good luck to your VPS or what ever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.