Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razvann

Hi,
I have a question related to hosting provider.
Now I have the default hosting provider from Alidropship plugin and I think is the worst experience I ever had with an hosting provider because the down time it.s higher.. even I don't have traffic on my store because I am working on it and sometimes it's down a few minutes and of course it's so slow loading the home page and product page also when I test the checkout page when I add a product in the cart sometimes don't appear in the cart.
It's frustraiting thing because without traffic it's so slow.. and I cannot use it as it is. I know I have multiple images and prodcts etc. but you can't start a new business with it.
It is a shared one and I am sure about it but what I don't know is why they charge money for something that cannot help you to just start the business safe?
This service is bad.
Because of this I ask you if you can advice me a good hosting provider that can run a store quickly.
I had a VPS in the past configured by me with CWP pannel but I don't know how to secure it so I am asking you if you know a hosting provider that it is secure and faster using Alidropship plugin.
Please don't tell me to use plugins that cache images or CDN's or something like this because on shared hosting are not make the difference. What kind of hosting do you use?
Thanks!

chris37

Hi,
I have a question related to hosting provider.
Now I have the default hosting provider from Alidropship plugin and I think is the worst experience I ever had with an hosting provider because the down time it.s higher.. even I don't have traffic on my store because I am working on it and sometimes it's down a few minutes and of course it's so slow loading the home page and product page also when I test the checkout page when I add a product in the cart sometimes don't appear in the cart.
It's frustraiting thing because without traffic it's so slow.. and I cannot use it as it is. I know I have multiple images and prodcts etc. but you can't start a new business with it.
It is a shared one and I am sure about it but what I don't know is why they charge money for something that cannot help you to just start the business safe?
This service is bad.
Because of this I ask you if you can advice me a good hosting provider that can run a store quickly.
I had a VPS in the past configured by me with CWP pannel but I don't know how to secure it so I am asking you if you know a hosting provider that it is secure and faster using Alidropship plugin.
Please don't tell me to use plugins that cache images or CDN's or something like this because on shared hosting are not make the difference. What kind of hosting do you use?
Thanks!
I check many website which have alidropship hosting, i also use to management a website of friend of mine hosting by alidropship.

I never face any issue you describe above , actually is one of the faster i ever try!

I dont say is the best because have many limitations like not provide email services or not have unlimited space , but sure you can not call it slow server.

Propaply you do something wrong in your end because nobody complain about the alidropship server ever again!!!

because the down time it.s higher
what do you mean whit that?

btw i use bluehost , dont try it :)

Direct Webstore

the default hosting provider from Alidropship plugin
When was it made the "default" host? As far as I know, the choice of the host has always been up to the individual. (Based on a little prior research)

As for hosting questions, opinions and solutions, this forum is FULL of them. Try the Search above. We really don't need ANOTHER thread on it.

But if you're too lazy to do all that research and reading and want an instant answer on a silver plate, here's a shortcut. Just use the host in @Mar s signature at the bottom of her posts. I use them too and also recommend them.

InterServer .. Join the happy users who signed up with https://www.interserver.net/r/502444

Last edited:
I just signed up with interserver through @Mar signature and little advice from her, and I must tell you, it's one of the best when I ran the test. Also, I was on Alidropship Platinum hosting plan, it's not bad, not the best out there but definitely good but expensive and limited.
You shouldn't search for more and just go with interserver as @Direct Webstore mentioned.

chris37

I just signed up with interserver through @Mar signature and little advice from her, and I must tell you, it's one of the best when I ran the test. Also, I was on Alidropship Platinum hosting plan, it's not bad, not the best out there but definitely good but expensive and limited.
You shouldn't search for more and just go with interserver as @Direct Webstore mentioned.
Another interserver happy customer ;)
Good to know! Until now only positive reaviews !

Another interserver happy customer ;)
Good to know! Until now only positive reaviews !
Trust me mate, these guys are good, and for a co-founder to be part of the support team to reply to your questions and serve with such humility and respect, this gives me the confidence that I made the right choice with interserver.

Mar

Trust me mate, these guys are good, and for a co-founder to be part of the support team to reply to your questions and serve with such humility and respect, this gives me the confidence that I made the right choice with interserver.
Their live chat support at times take time to respond and not very good. But over all the support is good. They are competent, flexible, patient and tolerant to my curses and insults.

Mar

That is really important I always insulting my hosting when my job is not done ;)
I don't feel alone anymore :)
If curses and insults can kill, I have killed many of them, especially the live chat support agents, but I appreciate when issues are resolved. I even barred a support tech. from responding to my tickets. The thing is they never talk back.

Razvann

I check many website which have alidropship hosting, i also use to management a website of friend of mine hosting by alidropship.

I never face any issue you describe above , actually is one of the faster i ever try!

I dont say is the best because have many limitations like not provide email services or not have unlimited space , but sure you can not call it slow server.

Propaply you do something wrong in your end because nobody complain about the alidropship server ever again!!!

what do you mean whit that?

btw i use bluehost , dont try it :)

-a shared hosting it's slow because one server it is shared with multiple people.
-if you access a website from, let's say the server is located on US and you are from Europe then it will be much slower because of the distance that's why CDN's are out right now, "to get the server closer to the user".
-"not have unlimited space" - this is wrong, such a thing doesn't exists or like unlimited bandwidth... this are marketing stuff.
-I don't do something wrong because I just have the Alidropship plugin installed and just imported 50products in the store..
-it was down 2-3 times in 2 days please check the attachment.
-this question about the hosting was added by me here because I just wanted to know how it is your experience with the hosting providers. @Direct Webstore I am lazy because I am a programmer :p and thanks for the InterServer website but it's not what I want. They provide VPS but not cPannel included and are expensive.
I will take another server from Intovps.com, they added a free cPannel that can be used on VPS and prices are cheap and support it's so quick!
I used this company for more than 5 years.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 10.44.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 10.44.12.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 10

chris37

-a shared hosting it's slow because one server it is shared with multiple people.
-if you access a website from, let's say the server is located on US and you are from Europe then it will be much slower because of the distance that's why CDN's are out right now, "to get the server closer to the user".
-"not have unlimited space" - this is wrong, such a thing doesn't exists or like unlimited bandwidth... this are marketing stuff.
-I don't do something wrong because I just have the Alidropship plugin installed and just imported 50products in the store..
-this question about the hosting was added by me here because I just wanted to know how it is your experience with the hosting providers. @Direct Webstore I am lazy because I am a programmer :p and thanks for the InterServer website but it's not what I want. They provide VPS but not cPannel included and are expensive.
I will take another server from Intovps.com, they added a free cPannel that can be used on VPS and prices are cheap and support it's so quick!
No No and No ;)
At the moment I use bluehost share hosting (one of the worst share hosting in the market)
And I managed to have a dropshipping website with 200 product with loading speed in gtmetrix of around 4 second full loading and onload around 1-2 second.

This is not happen easy is combination of image optimazation (manual and with plugin)
Cache setting cdn and many other things as well.
If you search little bit in internet you can find ways to optimized your website even with bad hosting.

And remember bluehost is way worst then alidropship hosting.

VPS is they way to go if you can afford it but in my case I don't need it.
If my website open onload less then 3 second I don't mind at all.

Also I use davinci woo theme which is know slow theme, in the same share hosting I have 5 website and around 5 subdomain and I have no proplem.

Razvann

No No and No ;)
At the moment I use bluehost share hosting (one of the worst share hosting in the market)
And I managed to have a dropshipping website with 200 product with loading speed in gtmetrix of around 4 second full loading and onload around 1-2 second.

This is not happen easy is combination of image optimazation (manual and with plugin)
Cache setting cdn and many other things as well.
If you search little bit in internet you can find ways to optimized your website even with bad hosting.

And remember bluehost is way worst then alidropship hosting.

VPS is they way to go if you can afford it but in my case I don't need it.
If my website open onload less then 3 second I don't mind at all.
My website is loading in 9.5sec from Canada tested with Gtmetrix with first hosting plan from Alidropship. I will come back with an update when I will get the VPS from IntoVps.

chris37

The attachment is show server error, alidropship team say is not compatible with them plugin and server.

chris37

My website is loading in 9.5sec from Canada tested with Gtmetrix with first hosting plan from Alidropship. I will come back with an update when I will get the VPS from IntoVps.
Loading speed depend from many reason.
1)Theme
2)image
3)cache plugin
4)cdn
4)inactive plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.