High load time..

georgelino

Hey, can anyone tell me a plugin or what to do when the load time of my
store is very high, I mean 7-8 sec. when the avarage is 2-3?

Real Residual

use tools.pingdom.com do a real test to see how fast your site is loading.
Then fix all issues according to the score.
I tuned my site from 10 secs down to 2, and I haven't even turned on aggressive caching yet.

Real Residual

Did you run tool.pingdom.com from all 3 locations? What were your results and score on each? Scroll down to see what is taking the longest to load. What is the page size? How many requests?

georgelino

Did you run tool.pingdom.com from all 3 locations? What were your results and score on each? Scroll down to see what is taking the longest to load. What is the page size? How many requests?
Yes average time is 6 seconds, see in the image, I have optimized ALL of the images

Attachments

• c65873cf1ccbc9b3fd0567e67f3f8dec.jpg
    c65873cf1ccbc9b3fd0567e67f3f8dec.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 11

Real Residual

ok, the first 2 lines are probably from a 301 redirect. It seems you have redirected your site from

---> www.domain.com to
---> domain.com to
---> https://domain.com

So the first 2 were just redirects. Try to test again putting in the https://domain.com and see if it can drop 1 second. If it works fine, then make sure to use that in all of your links.

You should have SSL certificate installed, I would enable WordPress to run exclusively in SSL mode. Also in Cloudflare change SSL to Strict, use HSTS, convert all traffic to Always Use HTTPS, and Automatic HTTPS rewrites. This way your traffic will always be SSL.

In W3 Total Cache,
-- Page Cache enabled disk-enhanced
-- Minify (NO) - use Cloudflare instead
-- Opcode Cache - enable whatever is available
-- Database Cache (NO)
-- Object Cache enabled
-- Browser Cache enabled
-- CDN - use it if you have CDN

That's about it. Page, Browser, Object caches will speed up your site and load instantly if it is cached.

Another way is to tell your host provider that you want Nginx and Php-FPM instead of Apache. I have nginx and php-fpm 7 installed on my site.

Also, run the test from San Jose and post a screenshot. Melbourne is usually slower in all my tests.

RR

Jess

Don't forget, in the end if your hosting sucks then adding plugins can either help your site a little bit but can also bog it down even more. Rule out your hosting always first and then go from there.

georgelino

Is that okay? Just the wait time in the yellow is very long, it's from the servers. What's your load time and average bounce rate?

c65873cf1ccbc9b3fd0567e67f3f8dec.jpg if-south-london-was-a-shoe-me-memes-dankmemes-edgyteens-wow-21766689.jpg

Real Residual

3 seconds are fine. Your bounce rate, in this case, is probably not being caused by lag/server issues. It's your content/landing page.
Also, you can try this using Google developer tool (F12). Just uncheck "Disable Cache In Developer Mode" and refresh the page with Network Tab on. You'll see how fast your site loads in your browser. Remember, the site appears to load instantly with scripts being loaded in the background asynchronously. So load speed at 3 sec should not be a concern.

Bounce rate on my pages linked from facebook is about 80 to 90 percent. This is normal, they came, they saw, they didn't buy, they leave. Stories of our lives.