Hiding single variations not working anymore

pearstar

I don't know what happened, I suspect recent woocommerce updates but I want to ask you guys.
When I import for example this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32587114338.html
Then I don't need to show the variations, I just want to hide the single variations so customer can simply click add to cart.
However, if I untick "used for variations" then it gives me error when trying to add to cart.

image reference
1) untick used for variations
Snag_964d5b.png

2) error
Snag_9680de.png

So my question is, how do I hide the variations.

the_lyall

You can't add a variable product with no variations selected to the cart, you might as well change it to a simple product type if it doesn't have any variations

pearstar

just installed older version woocommerce (4.2.0) for testing. And now it works again (untick used for variations) > hides variation on frontend > still can add to cart without error

:)

the_lyall

just installed older version woocommerce (4.2.0) for testing. And now it works again (untick used for variations) > hides variation on frontend > still can add to cart without error

:)
According to the WooCommerce changelog they have this listed as a bug that was fixed, rather than it now being a bug. So it's unlikely to change in the future and you might want to find another way to do it otherwise you'll be stuck on that version forever.