Hide Product Category?

Nick84

Hi guys,

I am planning to create a new Category for my store, but I do not want it to be visible until I've filled it with enough products. So my question is - is there a way to hide a category so it is visible for me only and then unhide it when needed? Could not find a way to do in in WordPress.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi guys,

I am planning to create a new Category for my store, but I do not want it to be visible until I've filled it with enough products. So my question is - is there a way to hide a category so it is visible for me only and then unhide it when needed? Could not find a way to do in in WordPress.
Hello, you may import products , keep them as Drafts and when you'll be ready - create a category and publish your products.

Parkosa

Hello

Do you know how to display on homepage menu-product categories? I can only add WordPress mine menu categories and pages on home pahe, i can't add product categories on home page or menu from AliDropship plugin.
I'm using Davinci Theme

Thank you

Nick84

Hello, you may import products , keep them as Drafts and when you'll be ready - create a category and publish your products.
And is it possible to rearrange product categories order? I've looked quite some time but could not find a way. At the moment categories are listed/ordered alphabetically and I would like to rearrange the order. How can I do that?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
And is it possible to rearrange product categories order? I've looked quite some time but could not find a way. At the moment categories are listed/ordered alphabetically and I would like to rearrange the order. How can I do that?
There is no way to do this - they are listed alphabetically

Nick84

There is no way to do this - they are listed alphabetically
Is there absolutely no other way to do it via coding or third party app? Because for me its really important to have a category appear on top (since that's where most of my products are), while alphabetically it's rather at the end, so not convenient at all.

higashi

Hello @Victoria Kudryashova ,

I am using AliDropship, I created some Product Category, and assigned each product to each category.
However, when I click product detail info, it is not show info route link as below:
For ex:
Expected: Home > Clothing >Kids > Escaped From Azkaban Harry Potter Romper
Actual: Home > Escaped From Azkaban Harry Potter Romper

Please guide me how to show setting for expected result.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello @Victoria Kudryashova ,

I am using AliDropship, I created some Product Category, and assigned each product to each category.
However, when I click product detail info, it is not show info route link as below:
For ex:
Expected: Home > Clothing >Kids > Escaped From Azkaban Harry Potter Romper
Actual: Home > Escaped From Azkaban Harry Potter Romper

Please guide me how to show setting for expected result.
In order to display the full path to the product, the product must be added to the sub-category and to the parent category as well. This way the full path should be displayed in the breadcrumbs.

Nick84

In order to display the full path to the product, the product must be added to the sub-category and to the parent category as well. This way the full path should be displayed in the breadcrumbs.
Can you please advise for which theme this is? Because I have followed the above instructions (added the product to both parent and sub-category) however when I click on the actual product the path shows home > product (parent and sub-category are missing from the equation). I am using Michelangelo theme.