Hi friends! :-) Trust Issue In Advance Payment. (They might think I'm a scammer.)

Calmness

Hi, friends I am just a beginner at dropshipping. I have the following question.

Let's assume I make a post on Facebook to sell a mobile phone.

Suppose the price of the mobile is $200 USD.

In the dropshipping business model, I have to collect advance payment from my customer.

Now, why would any customer pay me $200 in advance?

He might think that I am a scammer and I can run away just by taking his money $200!

Only because of this issue I could not start practical drop shipping. Please tell me what is the solution to this TRUST ISSUE in drop Shipping. Thanks!

chris37

Hi, friends I am just a beginner at dropshipping. I have the following question.

In the dropshipping business model, I have to collect advance payment from my customer.

He might think that I am a scammer and I can run away just by taking his money $200!

Only because of this issue I could not start practical drop shipping. Please tell me what is the solution to this TRUST ISSUE in drop Shipping. Thanks!
Social proof !!!!!!!
Let say you have just 50 like in your Facebook page , nobody gonna give you $200 .You just ask too much for you social proof you have .

But if you have over 3000-5000 like you have build a trustworthiness for someone buy a product over $200.

I suggested you start with something cheaper like a product of $25-$60 price range . When you build your social proof then you sell more expensive products.

if you follow my journey here

I will soon describe how i am doing it.

In my opinion, you're overthinking this.

For starters, the vast majority of consumers have no idea what dropshipping is. It's assumed that when you're selling a product, you also have physical possession of it. The average customer is just looking for a product they think is reasonably priced and can be delivered to them in a timely manner. They really don't care about the logistics behind the scene.

Now if you plan to dropship with your own website (versus using a marketplace like eBay or Facebook Marketplace), as long as your site looks reputable with a professional logo and by ensuring you have clear & concise policies for returns, shipping, privacy, etc., that will make plenty of people comfortable enough to consider buying an item from your store. And yes, you may not have the recognition and reputation that Amazon or Walmart have built over the years, but you're also assuming everyone even cares to shop at either Amazon or Walmart. You'd be surprised to know that many folks will actively go out of their way to support small businesses such as your own if they can.

Furthermore, you also have to consider that there are 210 *MILLION* consumers in the US alone and 3.5 *BILLION* consumers in the entire world. For every person who suspects you're trying to scam them, there could potentially be hundreds or even thousands of users who come behind them who aren't nearly as suspicious. All you have to do is sale your products to an extremely tiny fraction of the aforementioned consumer base. For example, if your goal is to achieve 20 sales per day, that's only 7,300 orders in an entire year. Assuming you don't get any repeat customers (which, once you've established trust by selling them a product they're satisfied with, you should) or bulk purchases, you only need to capture a whopper 0.003% of the consumer base in the US and a whopping 0.0002% of the consumer base in the world. But you do have to go into dropshipping with the assumption that you will not please everyone (nor should that be your goal).

Lastly, I will say this. Facebook Ads isn't for everyone. Some people are successful with it, but others (such as myself) have struggled to see good results from it. Another thing you should understood too is that the type of customers you're advertising to on Facebook aren't intending to buy anything. You're gambling on the possibility that they'll make an impulse buy. Personally, I use Google Ads and Bing Ads. With these platforms, you're actually targeting folks who have specifically gone online to make a purchase, so they're already prepared to spend money even before they see your ad.

I hope this helps and good luck if you do decide to start dropshipping!

Last edited: