HELP: Testing payments, and overhall Newbie questions not found on forum

macsoft

So I'm starting my store, and I'm trying some test orders to see how the system works.
Using the Original Alidropship plugin and the Da Vinci Theme, and paypal payments and paypal creditcard option.
Some questions:

1 - Payments testing - Is there a way I place an order on my store without having to pay something, So I can test how the process and all notifications work? I read something on the forum about paypal sandbox not working but it was an old post, how is it now? I tried using a coupon flipping a product to free, but paypal does not work with zero pay. Turned the product to 1 USD, it works.. but i'm paying 1 dolar each time I wanna do a test...

2 - Add notes/comments to the order: apart from attributes and variations, some aliexpress sellers ask you to send some additional info by message after placing an order (custom measures on clothes for example). Any way of adding NOTES field on my product that my client can leave the info, so that I can then pass (even manually) to my aliexpress seller?
I tried adding my own custom attribute and variations, that wont pass automatically to the seller, but I can then add them to the COMMENTS section to the seller that normally gets the "im droshipping don send invoices!" on the aliexpress order.
But.. the added custom attributes, they must be selectable options, I found no way of having a text field.
OR could there be some way to add this extra info collected on the extra Atribute and variables to the COMMENTS section to the seller that normally gets the "im droshipping don send invoices!" message... automatically?

2 a) - On the note of adding custom Attributes, I didn't found a way to change the order they appear on my product page.. what did I miss?

3 - How far does the automation goes? What is the normal workflow of placing an order, forwarding it to my supplier and then my shop collecting tracking info from aliexpress? I mean, after i process the order and the automation fills all the fields on the the aliexpress shop, and i make payment on the aliexpress shop, will my store plugin get the tracking automatically when its available, and notify my client? or do I have to activate retrieval myself on the Get Tracking button?

4 - I don't wanna see all my products with the "ON SALE" sticker. I want some of them.. but not most, or it makes no sense. But I still wanna have the pricing automation rules turned ON. And the only way I see how to do that, is EDITING the product still on the aliexpress page, and deleting the Product Price, leaving only the Sale Price. That way, when it imports the product to my store, there is no "discount" and that product so no "ON SALE" sticker.
IF i forget to edit the price still on the AliExpress page, to edit it on my store is a pain! I have to edit every single variation (some products have dozens) because the BULK edit function does not work. Again, am I missing some better way to do this?

5 - Found some info on the forum about multilingual store to be impossible with the original alidropship plugin, but it was from some time ago.. is it still so? Can it be true that I find no way to have 2 languages on my store without messing up the alidropship plugin?

Sorry this got so big, but I've been working 24/7 on this and got lots of questions, and kind find answers to many of them.

If you got to the end of this text, you have my thanks. If you could answer these questions.. You have my eternal gratitude! :)

chris37

So I'm starting my store, and I'm trying some test orders to see how the system works.
Using the Original Alidropship plugin and the Da Vinci Theme, and paypal payments and paypal creditcard option.
Some questions:

1 - Payments testing - Is there a way I place an order on my store without having to pay something, So I can test how the process and all notifications work? I read something on the forum about paypal sandbox not working but it was an old post, how is it now? I tried using a coupon flipping a product to free, but paypal does not work with zero pay. Turned the product to 1 USD, it works.. but i'm paying 1 dolar each time I wanna do a test...

2 - Add notes/comments to the order: apart from attributes and variations, some aliexpress sellers ask you to send some additional info by message after placing an order (custom measures on clothes for example). Any way of adding NOTES field on my product that my client can leave the info, so that I can then pass (even manually) to my aliexpress seller?
I tried adding my own custom attribute and variations, that wont pass automatically to the seller, but I can then add them to the COMMENTS section to the seller that normally gets the "im droshipping don send invoices!" on the aliexpress order.
But.. the added custom attributes, they must be selectable options, I found no way of having a text field.
OR could there be some way to add this extra info collected on the extra Atribute and variables to the COMMENTS section to the seller that normally gets the "im droshipping don send invoices!" message... automatically?

2 a) - On the note of adding custom Attributes, I didn't found a way to change the order they appear on my product page.. what did I miss?

3 - How far does the automation goes? What is the normal workflow of placing an order, forwarding it to my supplier and then my shop collecting tracking info from aliexpress? I mean, after i process the order and the automation fills all the fields on the the aliexpress shop, and i make payment on the aliexpress shop, will my store plugin get the tracking automatically when its available, and notify my client? or do I have to activate retrieval myself on the Get Tracking button?

4 - I don't wanna see all my products with the "ON SALE" sticker. I want some of them.. but not most, or it makes no sense. But I still wanna have the pricing automation rules turned ON. And the only way I see how to do that, is EDITING the product still on the aliexpress page, and deleting the Product Price, leaving only the Sale Price. That way, when it imports the product to my store, there is no "discount" and that product so no "ON SALE" sticker.
IF i forget to edit the price still on the AliExpress page, to edit it on my store is a pain! I have to edit every single variation (some products have dozens) because the BULK edit function does not work. Again, am I missing some better way to do this?

5 - Found some info on the forum about multilingual store to be impossible with the original alidropship plugin, but it was from some time ago.. is it still so? Can it be true that I find no way to have 2 languages on my store without messing up the alidropship plugin?

Sorry this got so big, but I've been working 24/7 on this and got lots of questions, and kind find answers to many of them.

If you got to the end of this text, you have my thanks. If you could answer these questions.. You have my eternal gratitude! :)
Is too much asking .. I wish you find anybody willing to help ;)

For your theme:
https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/2245119-customizing-the-davinci-theme.

For you paypal:
Make your self a favor and Google it how to use paypal sandbox.

macsoft

Is too much asking .. I wish you find anybody willing to help ;)

For your theme:
https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/2245119-customizing-the-davinci-theme.

For you paypal:
Make your self a favor and Google it how to use paypal sandbox.
Thanks.. but i Read all the tutorials on the Da vinci theme. none of them mentions the problems shown here.
And I do know how to use paypal sandbox, but as I said, i've read the plugin is not compatible with those. I was looking for confirmation
thanks anyway :)

daniel-97

For Paypal, we use Sandbox. It's like creating a dummy account with unlimited *fake* money in it and use it to text buy on our store

Remember to switch on Demo mode in Alidropship ➡ Settings Payments ➡ Paypal
1608781392944.png

I answered this on your other thread. Gonna explain here for other people to catch up

Alidropship ➡ Settings ➡ General. This is the note from you to the supplier automatically. Edit it if you want
1608781903452.png

For customers at Checkout, there will be a box for them to fill in, called "Additional Details".

If they fill in something like "Hey, I want this shirt to be in black", when you place the order from Alidropship plugin, the note from you to the supplier will be:
"We are dropshipping! Please, do not include any invoices or promo materials into the package. Hey, I want this shirt to be in black"
You can't change Attributes orders, you can change it's Variations orders. If you can't move them, try reloading the page (Ctrl + R)
1608782216324.png
You place the order automatically ➡ You pay the supplier ➡ They prepare your package ➡ They ship it and send Aliexpress the tracking code, they alert you via email ➡ You login to your store and Aliexpress account ➡ The codes will be transferred to your store automatically ➡ Emails will be sent to customers automatically.
The best way: Turn Off all the badges
Wordpress ➡ Customization ➡
1608782525347.png

Bulk edit function was fixed in the previous update, check your Alidropship plugin to see if it's updated to the latest version.
Try it, if it doesn't work, delete the plugin. But remember to back up everything first.

macsoft

For Paypal, we use Sandbox. It's like creating a dummy account with unlimited *fake* money in it and use it to text buy on our store

Remember to switch on Demo mode in Alidropship ➡ Settings Payments ➡ Paypal
View attachment 13888

I answered this on your other thread. Gonna explain here for other people to catch up

Alidropship ➡ Settings ➡ General. This is the note from you to the supplier automatically. Edit it if you want
View attachment 13889

For customers at Checkout, there will be a box for them to fill in, called "Additional Details".

If they fill in something like "Hey, I want this shirt to be in black", when you place the order from Alidropship plugin, the note from you to the supplier will be:
"We are dropshipping! Please, do not include any invoices or promo materials into the package. Hey, I want this shirt to be in black"

You can't change Attributes orders, you can change it's Variations orders. If you can't move them, try reloading the page (Ctrl + R)
View attachment 13890

You place the order automatically ➡ You pay the supplier ➡ They prepare your package ➡ They ship it and send Aliexpress the tracking code, they alert you via email ➡ You login to your store and Aliexpress account ➡ The codes will be transferred to your store automatically ➡ Emails will be sent to customers automatically.

The best way: Turn Off all the badges
Wordpress ➡ Customization ➡
View attachment 13891

Bulk edit function was fixed in the previous update, check your Alidropship plugin to see if it's updated to the latest version.

Try it, if it doesn't work, delete the plugin. But remember to back up everything first.

Thank you very much on such a detailed explanation.
I know that must of taken a lot of time, and I appreciate it.

Most of it was very useful, other stuff I managed to figure out on my own, but most importantly:

Problem is this is only art checkout. If the customer has multiple items from different vendors, it does not make sense that the note goes to all of them.
But its not the main problem: If I'm a customer and I need to insert comments on an item I naturally wanna do it BEFORE I send it to my cart, like all the other options on the product I've selected.
So my idea would be to add just a text box as and Attribute for some input. Even if I get an error while automating the order onto aliexpress, because the attribute does not exist on the original product, there is no problem, i can manually insert it on to my aliexpress checkout.
But this way, my client was served with the best input selection.
Is there a way I can do that?
Lots of my clothing products have this custom measurements problem.

Thanks in advance

daniel-97

Problem is this is only art checkout. If the customer has multiple items from different vendors, it does not make sense that the note goes to all of them.
True, but it’s better to apply the same note to vendors at Checkout on Aliexpress. You can then manually delete what’s unnecessary and only leave the valuable details rather than enter them manually every time.

And this is how e-commerce work, notes will always be applied at Checkout
Lots of my clothing products have this custom measurements problem.
Enter a sizing table on each product’s description, and leave them on the top of the description tab so when they scroll and read, they will see the table first

macsoft

True, but it’s better to apply the same note to vendors at Checkout on Aliexpress. You can then manually delete what’s unnecessary and only leave the valuable details rather than enter them manually every time.
But doing it that way, would be more work. If I have 3 products in cart from 3 different vendors, I have to delete the client comments on 2 of the vendors.
My idea would be much simpler. If I add an Attribute that is not on the original Aliexpress product, the automation will stop and ask for action. (it does this already). If the Attribute would be a text box with text notes from the client, I can just use this break to copy the text from client, and past it it at the comments section for that vendor. But this way the client can add the notes BEFORE adding product to cart. It will make much more sense to the client.
All I need is an Attribute Text box. Is there no way to have that? I see this on so many store sites.

Enter a sizing table on each product’s description, and leave them on the top of the description tab so when they scroll and read, they will see the table first
Yes, this is a good workaround. But still, it seams silly and so cumbersome that I can't just add a textbox as an attribute for a product page.

daniel-97

All I need is an Attribute Text box. Is there no way to have that? I see this on so many store sites.
No there isn’t, sadly. We’re using Original version, it has perks and obstacles.

You can find a lot of plugins for that in Woo version, but without Woo, it’s hard to find a compatible plugin for our version.

Best way for this is to have a live chat. I recommend Tidio
Yes, this is a good workaround. But still, it seams silly and so cumbersome that I can't just add a textbox as an attribute for a product page.
It would be nice if you can give an example (screenshot, website URL that has that feature)