HELP and LEGAL INFO to Dropshipping business from Canada

Jane-RAA

Hello,

Is there anyone here on this forum having successful experience with dropshipping business from Canada?

I'm very confused about what I need to get started with the dropshiping business from Canada and running it from home. In a nutshell, and in a simple way, what exactly do I need to get to have my business legally? Should I start the business by registering as Sole Proprietorship? Should I register for name, number, licenses, permits, something to be able to charge sales tax (GST/HST)? Whatever registration, license or permit I get, will it allow me to sell everywhere? (I intend to sell in more than one place - more than one online store and some marketplaces.) What do I need exactly? Where to get it done? Can be done online? How long will it take? How much will it cost?

I researched a lot and the answers are very different, confusing and complicated. Whenever I read about dropshipping, everything seems very simple and easy to start, but never really comments or says what really I need to start operating the business legally and without problems. Some people even said to start without registering the business but only do that after you starting to make sales.

Please, could anyone who runs the dropshiping business from Canada and is having some kind of success answer me in a detailed way what should I do exactly to start?

Thanks for any help

Sincerely,
Jane