Hello! Product not showing in category chosen from menu and another issue

TnMountainMan

Greetings to all. This is my first post here but I'm not exactly a newbie to things. Then again I'm not an expert either by any means.

So I have two issues so far. The first one is that I cannot get a product or products to show up in a category that I choose from my newly created (middle) menu. I have created the page, the category and added the sub categories to my menu which all appears to work fine except when i click on one of these categories no products show on the page. I have also set each product to the particular category page that I want it to show on when you click that category.

Now my second issue is when practicing going through the steps to purchase something, I get stuck at the next page after I click the 'proceed to pay' button. All that comes up is a 'thank you' page that has a big red 'X' and says "We are sorry, we were unable to successfully process this transaction. This happens no mater which product I pretend to purchase.

Just a note: Yes, I do have my paypal email address listed in the system already but no Paypal API credentials. I'm under the impression that if you list your paypal address then you don't have to have your paypal credentials listed. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have tried in vain to get to my paypal credentials but when in paypal and I click the button to access my API credentials, but they are not there to copy.

Please advise on both issues and thank you in advance.

Randall

Last edited:

Real Residual

1) Assuming you are setting up everything correctly, i.e. creating Product Categories in Products and not in Posts, you should carefully select the category when you publish each product. In other words, if you go to Products > Product Categories, you should see the quantity listed in each category. If those numbers are 0, then you have never assigned anything to product categories, thus nothing will show when you click on them.

2) Yes, you need to follow instructions and setup Paypal credentials accordingly. https://alidropship.com/?s=paypal

TnMountainMan

1) Assuming you are setting up everything correctly, i.e. creating Product Categories in Products and not in Posts, you should carefully select the category when you publish each product. In other words, if you go to Products > Product Categories, you should see the quantity listed in each category. If those numbers are 0, then you have never assigned anything to product categories, thus nothing will show when you click on them.

2) Yes, you need to follow instructions and setup Paypal credentials accordingly. https://alidropship.com/?s=paypal

Thanks RR I do appreciate your time and response.

1) Now, I'll upload a file *screenshot) of where I'm at on the products not showing in their category.

2) I have been to that paypal page. My paypal (premier) account does not show me my API credentials for some reason. I will also attach a couple screenshots of what i see in paypal.

Please advise and thanks again.

Best Regards,

Randall

productcategory2017-11-19.png 2017-11-18_095423.png 2017-11-18_100209.png

Real Residual

1) It's gotta be your setup. Go to a product. On the Breadcrumb links (top left of the page, just above your main image.), you should see a category name. Click on that Category and see if your products are listed. It usually is like Home > Accessories > My Product Name For That Category Here
Click on the "Accessories" and see where it takes you.

2) Just upgrade your account to a business account. I think they only have API access to business now. Don't quote me on that but for my personal account, I too couldn't find API access tab.

TnMountainMan

1) It's gotta be your setup. Go to a product. On the Breadcrumb links (top left of the page, just above your main image.), you should see a category name. Click on that Category and see if your products are listed. It usually is like Home > Accessories > My Product Name For That Category Here
Click on the "Accessories" and see where it takes you.

2) Just upgrade your account to a business account. I think they only have API access to business now. Don't quote me on that but for my personal account, I too couldn't find API access tab.

Thanks again. I've attached a couple more screenshots but I'll attempt to explain here. When clicking on the Accessories 'crumb', it takes me to the blank Accessories page I set up. If I click on the Lighting 'crumb', it takes me to the Lighting page with the 3 products (so far) that I have listed on it, but if I hover on the drop down menu and then choose Lighting, it bring up the same Lighting page but no products appear on the very same page.

I'll deal with the paypal issue but thanks.

cat12017-11-19.png cat22017-11-19.png

Last edited:

Real Residual

You should ask @Victoria Kudryashova to take a look. Ask them to log in to your wp-admin and see if anything is wrong. From your description, something is not right.

If I click on the Lighting 'crumb', it take me to the Lighting page with the 3 products (so far) that I have listed on it, but if I hover on the drop down menu and then choose Lighting, it bring up the same Lighting page but no products appear on the very same page.