Has anyone tried using QR codes for tracking packages?

leafsweetrolls

We need to send fragile packages on a 10-12 days trip, so I need several confirmations that they remain whole throughout. I've instructed the warehouses that will store the items for a short time to check on this and send me an email. I'm also considering slapping QR codes on top of them so I'll know when they arrive and get scanned/checked. Anyone knows of an easy way to set up such a system?

Thanks!

If you are not tech-savvy, call an IT guy to set up an auto-alerts system with apps like zapier, for example. Test everything before sending the packages, of course.

As for your other points, I think you can definitely implement QR codes with this. However, be careful on how long the codes will remain active (I'm assuming you'll be using a free/free trial online code generator). Also, check how many codes you can make in the first place for $0...

leafsweetrolls

Thanks for your input!
I did some checking online and found several service providers that offer a practical free trial plan. I think I settled for a dynamic QRCG since I want to be able to organize the packages according to their schedules arrivals. If this works out this time, I'll might use it a lot more in the future.

I have a good feeling, though, so fingers crossed!