Google Analytics General Discussion

Simos

In this thread we can discuss about Google Analytics. Settings, Tips, Suggestions and Questions can all be answered here!

I was reading the traffics reports of my store and noticed that a lot of my traffic came from spam bots. There were pages in there that had nothing to do with my hostname.

Along with the pages of my store some pages like these appeared:
Code:
share buttons sharebutton.to
www1.free-share-buttons.top
www.get-free-social-traffic.com
sharebutton.to
sharebutton.to spam

I followed this guide to set up filters and to block traffic from these pages. I hope my stats from now on will come clean, I'll keep you updated!

http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

This is my first time running analytics for an eCommerce store.

1)Can you recommend settings that should be enabled an that I might have missed?
2)What do I need to do in order to be able to see from which Country my traffic comes from and what type of device they are using?
3)Does the User ID feature work with Alidropship and Wordpress? How can I set it up?

The User-ID lets you associate engagement data from different devices and multiple sessions, so you can discover how users interact with your content over an extended period of time.

Setting up the User-ID requires a change to your tracking code and should be completed by a developer. Learn more about the User-ID.

meeyule

Helllo meeyule,

It's Davincy.
OK in your WP dashboard, click on "Customization" in the side menu.
Then in the "General" tab, scroll to the bottom and paste your Analytics ID where it says "Google Analytics Tracking ID"
The ID looks something like "UA-XXXXXXXXX-X"
Then click on "Save Settings"

Nasrat

OK in your WP dashboard, click on "Customization" in the side menu.
Then in the "General" tab, scroll to the bottom and paste your Analytics ID where it says "Google Analytics Tracking ID"
The ID looks something like "UA-XXXXXXXXX-X"
Then click on "Save Settings"

Done. Thanks. How will I know it's working?

I have same theme and setup my Analytics ID correctly but when i click on the Reports in my WP Admin area nothing shows up. There is account information already viewable from my google analytics account its been active on my site for more than 3 days. But nothing is displaying in the Reports at all. I do not use any Cache plugin i do use cloudflare though.

Mar

I have same theme and setup my Analytics ID correctly but when i click on the Reports in my WP Admin area nothing shows up. There is account information already viewable from my google analytics account its been active on my site for more than 3 days. But nothing is displaying in the Reports at all. I do not use any Cache plugin i do use cloudflare though.
You have to setup Google analytics in your admin page. Alternatively, you can view Google analytics in a tab in your browser. That is what I do, so I can view it even if I am not logged in wordpress admin and also it don't add to the load of the website.

You have to setup Google analytics in your admin page. Alternatively, you can view Google analytics in a tab in your browser. That is what I do, so I can view it even if I am not logged in wordpress admin and also it don't add to the load of the website.
I have setup google analytics in my admin page. But when i click on reports it shows nothing.