GIFT BOX

chris37

I have same proplem like mar , I Install a currency switcher with also allow me to change currency at checkout . the gift box is not follow the currency of the switcher .. My currency switcher is aelia currency switcher working perfect with my site...expect the gift box.

PLEASE alidropship team you must fix at list this one (gift box) because the reason we move from the alidropship currency switcher was you disability to make it work with woocomerce and cache.

JorgeL

Hi Guys,

I just noticed that the plugin doesn't work with PayPal Express checkout and I have some clients that thought they will get their gift even if the pay that way.

I haven't found a way to address this without breaking the plugin or the site and it is very inconvenient to offer a gift alternative after they contact me and realized that they didn't get their gift because of this.

So I had to deactivate this payment method for now but I would like to know if this is something that the Alidropship dev team is planning to address in the future?

Thanks,
Jorge

chris37

Hi Guys,

I just noticed that the plugin doesn't work with PayPal Express checkout and I have some clients that thought they will get their gift even if the pay that way.

I haven't found a way to address this without breaking the plugin or the site and it is very inconvenient to offer a gift alternative after they contact me and realized that they didn't get their gift because of this.

So I had to deactivate this payment method for now but I would like to know if this is something that the Alidropship dev team is planning to address in the future?

Thanks,
Jorge

Is a PayPal functionality not to Alidropship company. If your customer use the express checkout in the product page, they will not get the gift.
They must pay to cart or to checkout page for they got it.

I think same apply and for the discount coupon.

Best Regard
Chris

chris37

back to top is above the menu of the gift box

XOSI8u.jpg

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want that,

I need the menu of the gift box when is open to be above to back to top arrow

I'm afraid, but Gift Box add-on widget is not supposed to be above the 'back to top arrow'. There is no such setting in the Gift Box add-on for this purpose and we do not plan to add it as well.

Lucas_gfs

As you can see, currency is not always in USD (for AliDropship Original plugin):
View attachment 12494

View attachment 12495

but as for AliDropship Woo plugin, we have an issue here indeed, currency is not changing in Gift Box from USD to any other currency, even client changes currency on a website. We will consider to fix this issue in nearest future.

Hi,

is the issue resolved with Alidropship Woo?

The gift box plugin works well but the plugin considers that all the prices values of the store are in US dollars and not in the default currency (which I set in €). So, for example if I switch to €, a product that is at 20.95€, the gift box will say that the product is 17.18€ (conversion of 0.82€/$1). If I switch to Yen, the product is now Y 2794.99 and the gift box shows that it is Y 40 986 317, which is nuts. So, is it possible to simply get the price referenced and displayed for the product, rather than using conversions?

A hugely appreciated bonus: is it possible to round the converted amount "Spend XX amount, an get one free gift" in the converted currency? For example if I put my threshold at $60, in all other currencies, it is not rounded. With €, I would have "Spend 49.20€". Would it be possible to round all converted amounts to the upper decade (in this case 50€, but if it had been 44.20€, we still would round at 50€)?

Thanks in advance!
Lucas

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

is the issue resolved with Alidropship Woo?

The gift box plugin works well but the plugin considers that all the prices values of the store are in US dollars and not in the default currency (which I set in €). So, for example if I switch to €, a product that is at 20.95€, the gift box will say that the product is 17.18€ (conversion of 0.82€/$1). If I switch to Yen, the product is now Y 2794.99 and the gift box shows that it is Y 40 986 317, which is nuts. So, is it possible to simply get the price referenced and displayed for the product, rather than using conversions?

A hugely appreciated bonus: is it possible to round the converted amount "Spend XX amount, an get one free gift" in the converted currency? For example if I put my threshold at $60, in all other currencies, it is not rounded. With €, I would have "Spend 49.20€". Would it be possible to round all converted amounts to the upper decade (in this case 50€, but if it had been 44.20€, we still would round at 50€)?

Thanks in advance!
Lucas

Hello!

Gift Box add-on should work properly with AliDropship Woo now in terms of currency conversion, you may check it from your side now. In case this issue still persists from your side, please, let me know and send me a PM with your WP-admin access details, so we can check, what might be wrong.

As for your request for price rounding, I'm afraid, but we do not plan to make such amendment to the Gift Box add-on, but we will still take your suggestion into the consideration, thank you!

chris37

Deactivate your cache plugin and try again.

If that fix your issue then your currency switcher is not working well with cached plugin, so the gift box follow that setting.

Then you must find the plugin and setting of the cached plugin that work for you.

I use gift box and I don't face the issue you say.

Lucas_gfs

Hello!

Gift Box add-on should work properly with AliDropship Woo now in terms of currency conversion, you may check it from your side now. In case this issue still persists from your side, please, let me know and send me a PM with your WP-admin access details, so we can check, what might be wrong.

As for your request for price rounding, I'm afraid, but we do not plan to make such amendment to the Gift Box add-on, but we will still take your suggestion into the consideration, thank you!

Hi Dimitriy,

thanks for the reply. I do not use the built-in currency switcher of Alidropship Woo, do you confirm on your side that you assumed it works if this built-in switcher is used then?

Thanks!
Lucas

Lucas_gfs

Deactivate your cache plugin and try again.

If that fix your issue then your currency switcher is not working well with cached plugin, so the gift box follow that setting.

Then you must find the plugin and setting of the cached plugin that work for you.

I use gift box and I don't face the issue you say.

Hi Chris,

thanks, I did indeed try also to deactivate the cache plugin and delete all caches. Yet it does not solve the issue.

Can I ask what cache plugin / currency switcher do you use?

Thanks!
Lucas

chris37

Hi Chris,

thanks, I did indeed try also to deactivate the cache plugin and delete all caches. Yet it does not solve the issue.

Can I ask what cache plugin / currency switcher do you use?

Thanks!
Lucas
On some of my sites i use the alidropship currency switcher and in some the alias currency switcher but in none of them i have the issue you mention ...

Do your host have inbuild cache ?

Lucas_gfs

On some of my sites i use the alidropship currency switcher and in some the alias currency switcher but in none of them i have the issue you mention ...

Do your host have inbuild cache ?

Hi Chris,

thanks for the clarification. And what cache plugins have you used?

I deactivated the host inbuilt cache. (I am using now WP super cache, but if the cache is the issue, I plan to move to WP rocket or Litespeed).

Regards,
Lucas

chris37

Hi Chris,

thanks for the clarification. And what cache plugins have you used?

I deactivated the host inbuilt cache. (I am using now WP super cache, but if the cache is the issue, I plan to move to WP rocket or Litespeed).

Regards,
Lucas

Go with the litespeed if you have litespeed server ...(is working almost out of the box with the alidropship gift box and currency switcher)

also use and the cache handle plugin

Kimberlibre

I'm not a fan of these gift boxes, if only because they don't always include what your friend/partner likes. I always assemble these personalized gifts myself, considering my loved ones' interests and preferences. For my sister, I put one together a few days ago. She likes Gravity Falls, and I considered that when assembling the gift. I bought her some Mabel socks and a Deeper sweater. She was overjoyed. She's probably never hugged me so tightly before. Make your loved ones happy more often, no matter what.

Last edited: