Getting Alot Of User Registrations.

dtch

It Appears To Be A Registration Spam. How Can I Stop This? It's Wasting Alot Email Credits With MailGun

dtch

yes reCaptacha alone doesn't stop spam bots. God dammit....
wasting my mail gun credits.
i see plugins available but not sure if it will conflict with alidropship..

dtch

Ok. I found a solution.

The spamming bots uses
wp-signup.php
wp-login.php?action=register

to register users (I found out)

So i removed wp-signup.php from my wordpress install in cpanel using file manager.

I then installed WPS Hide Login wordpress plugin (FREE) can change login path ( in general settings dashboard)

domain.com/wp-admin/ -> domain.com/staff-only/

Doing so will disable wp-login.php?action=register and therefore no more spam registrations :p

Rosie

... Umm I didnt think i said that hahahah
Click the link I posted
go read the whole thread.. there is a plugin update that fixes the issue

dtch

the only part of that list of fixes and update in the thread that relates to user registration spam, is implementing recaptcha.
further more it is slightly outdated.

i started receiving user registration spam earlier this week 21st April. the update was already made last week.
which meant it didn't really address the issue.

The suggestions i've shared in this thread has been working btw. i have not received a single user registration spam since

dtch

not the page spammers will us.
they will target.

domain.tld/wp-login?action=register
domain.tld/wp-signup.php

as for my site, recaptcha is working but didn't stop spammers from accessing the above url so eventhough i had recaptcha on my registration page, they were still able to register url those 2 default wordpress registration pages.

Milos

Really need a quick fix for ReCaptcha, it simply isn't working with Sign In / Registration (not shown on pages when enabled), I'm getting lots of fake registrations as well....lots of spam emails were sent to my email account and my hosting provider is really pissed off, so I had to delete/suspend my email accounts.

Also -> NON-Woo plugin:

1. User cannot add comments in non-Woo version even if DISCUSSION -> ALLOW COMMENTS is checked in nad ANYONE CAN LEAVE A COMMENT checked in DISCUSSION (I'm using DaVinci theme, latest update)
2. DaVinci theme : CUSTOMIZATION -> SOCIAL MEDIA -> Instagram widget (Iframe) does not show Insagram page in Chrome and IE11 (only shows well in Firefox)
3. PopUp CART displays very strange characters (see attached photo)

And of course, as it is always in a high demand, products export/import is really needed 'cause many of us having multiple sites.

Attachments

• AliDropship_Standard_Strange_Chars.png
    AliDropship_Standard_Strange_Chars.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 13

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Really need a quick fix for ReCaptcha, it simply isn't working with Sign In / Registration (not shown on pages when enabled), I'm getting lots of fake registrations as well....lots of spam emails were sent to my email account and my hosting provider is really pissed off, so I had to delete/suspend my email accounts.

Also -> NON-Woo plugin:

1. User cannot add comments in non-Woo version even if DISCUSSION -> ALLOW COMMENTS is checked in nad ANYONE CAN LEAVE A COMMENT checked in DISCUSSION (I'm using DaVinci theme, latest update)
2. DaVinci theme : CUSTOMIZATION -> SOCIAL MEDIA -> Instagram widget (Iframe) does not show Insagram page in Chrome and IE11 (only shows well in Firefox)
3. PopUp CART displays very strange characters (see attached photo)

And of course, as it is always in a high demand, products export/import is really needed 'cause many of us having multiple sites.
Hello,
1. there is no possibility to comment .
2,3. we need your domain name and WordPress login and password to check it out.

neeraj89

Hello, Lots of spam registration increasing day by day. Please someone have a solution? Its very annoying..